RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

Where did you go - Hungry Ear? Love that place; I may only be a tourist but I go there whenever I'm fortunate enough to go to Hawaii.

Yep, really good people. Not much of an Metal/punk/hardcore selection. But they always have the rock, pop, and jazz stuff I'm looking for and an excellent used selection. Also, hit up Jelly's that's where I got the Blind Melon.

I stopped in Park Ave tonight and they had a pretty good stock left. I managed to pick up Grey Area and The Cure. Overall, I think I grabbed everything I wanted this year and managed to avoid the crazy line. They had a line until 7pm Saturday. At that point they just let everyone in. That's nuts. 

Anyone's store have an extra best coast?

It's still in stock here but they're not allowed to sell online until Saturday (UK based)

http://www.normanrecords.com/record-store-day.php

They're based about 5 minutes from my house but it's just a warehouse as they're a website only, no actual store. They were allowed to take part in RSD for the first time this year by visiting their warehouse but nobody really knew about it so a lot of stuff didn't sell very well! 

I wasn't planning on going out Saturday as there was only one record that I really really wanted (Ilsa/SSOS split) and I was pretty sure none of the stores here would have it (which was true). However, I ended up waking up at 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to wait in line as their was some records that I thought would be cool to have. So I got to my local store a little over an hour before they opened and was eighth in line around some pretty cool people. Glad I went out because I got most of what I wanted and I was able to get everything else I online. 

What I bought in the store:

Cave In - Until Your Heart Stops

Botch - American Nervoso

Integrity - System Overload

Dust - Dust/Hard Attack

Mad Season - Above

Ringworm - 1991 Demo

The Repos - Rejoice In Ruin b/w Haunted Peace

Whirr - Part Time Punks

Poison Idea - Filthkick EP

What I got online:

Deftones - Live Volume 1 - Selections from Adrenaline

The Repos - Live Mutilation

New Found Glory - Mania

Ilsa/Seven Sisters of Sleep - Split

Here's my experience in a whole now. My local store is about a 10 minute drive to the mall. The store is located at Buford, Georgia, and is called The Rock Shop. They first opened for RSD 2012 last year, and quite honestly they were a mess, and wanted ridiculous prices. This year I was planning on going to Wuxtry in Athens instead of The Rock Shop. Well then work called for mandatory overtime. I wasn't able to make it to RSD 2013 on Saturday. 

So now I think hell i'll stop by this place when I go to the mall on monday to visit my girlfriend. First of all they moved to the opposite side that they used to be in; to a bigger shop. I walk in and go towards what looked like a vinyl section and saw no RSD releases until an employee told me that was in the middle of the shop on the table. I walk over there to see the South Park 7 inch, and immediately I was pumped to see what else they had. Looking through the crate I found a There/Their/They're vinyl, and two Machester splits. I went ahead and purchased one Machester, the South Park, and There/Their/They're. My whole cost was only $40 including tax. So the Rock Shop totally had their act together this year with pricing. But wait it gets better, they packaged each of my vinyl in a nice thick mailer that I would assume costs around $2 if purchased individually and gave me a card where you get a $10 credit for every $100 spent. Well done.

I talked with the employees and they said it was a much better show than last years, and that it doubled the sales of Black Friday. The store is located at Mall of Georgia if any Georgia natives want to check it out. They have the largest selection of comics in the area as well. They are more specialized in comics than records.

They also had a one release per person deal going on:

540552_496266617107085_1519054157_n.jpg

Here's my experience in a whole now. My local store is about a 10 minute drive to the mall. The store is located at Buford, Georgia, and is called The Rock Shop. They first opened for RSD 2012 last year, and quite honestly they were a mess, and wanted ridiculous prices. This year I was planning on going to Wuxtry in Athens instead of The Rock Shop. Well then work called for mandatory overtime. I wasn't able to make it to RSD 2013 on Saturday. 

So now I think hell i'll stop by this place when I go to the mall on monday to visit my girlfriend. First of all they moved to the opposite side that they used to be in; to a bigger shop. I walk in and go towards what looked like a vinyl section and saw no RSD releases until an employee told me that was in the middle of the shop on the table. I walk over there to see the South Park 7 inch, and immediately I was pumped to see what else they had. Looking through the crate I found a There/Their/They're vinyl, and two Machester splits. I went ahead and purchased one Machester, the South Park, and There/Their/They're. My whole cost was only $40 including tax. So the Rock Shop totally had their act together this year with pricing. But wait it gets better, they packaged each of my vinyl in a nice thick mailer that I would assume costs around $2 if purchased individually and gave me a card where you get a $10 credit for every $100 spent. Well done.

I talked with the employees and they said it was a much better show than last years, and that it doubled the sales of Black Friday. The store is located at Mall of Georgia if any Georgia natives want to check it out. They have the largest selection of comics in the area as well. They are more specialized in comics than records.

They also had a one release per person deal going on:

540552_496266617107085_1519054157_n.jpg

I might go there this weekend, just to see if there's anything left. Doubtful, but you never know. Plus, the Mall of Georgia is pretty fun to walk around in.

I will say, you missed a great RSD at Wuxtry. They've got my business for as many RSDs as I can make it to in the near future.