RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

RSD;

South Park 7" - $10.99

Scientist - Scientific Dub 3x10" - $39.99

Fela Kuti LP - $14.99

King Tubby Meets Upsetter LP - $17.99

Thee Oh Sees LP - $15.99

Flaming Lips 4xLP - $79.99

Non-RSD:

My Bloody Valentine LP (the new one)

Tomahawk 3xLP box

Also got the following for $17:

Black Flag - My War LP (1st press! It was tagged at $50, but I had store credit from all the RSD stuff I bought)

Max Roach LP

Dang missed the Riot! :( Anyways picked up BTBAM Anatomy of and BTBAM Parallax II from SRC. Was very happy to see Parallax II for 16.99 especially considering I was going to order it this week for 30. 

In the same boat. Had RIOT in the cart...lost Riot because it took too long to check out. Did get a few other good clearance items though.

Got to Wuxtry Athens at about 8:45am (it opens at 10:00), and was seventh or eighth in line. Though, the first ten or so people, including myself, just stood in a blob around the door and shot the shit for an hour or so. It was a lot of fun.

At 10:00, the dude opened the door, and the blob went in according to who got there when, no arguments, all smiling faces. While I was inside, everyone was helping everyone. If someone called out "is there one of this", someone either said "no, sorry" or said yes, told them where it was, and the people who weren't getting it moved so they could get it. It was kind of unbelievable.

I got almost everything I wanted, except for the Best Coast single, which they didn't have. I even picked up the Django Unchained soundtrack (which came with a slipmat!), and the Phoenix 7", neither of which I was expecting to get.

A picture of my haul:

1fb57a9aa9c911e2bf2722000a1fbc66_7.jpg

EDIT: Went back around 12:30pm (they weren't letting anyone buy more than one of anything until after noon) to pick up some T/T/T EPs for board members who had asked for it, and found the Toro Y Moi 7" boxset from last year's RSD for $15. Not bad, considering they had charged $35 for it last year.

Here are the prices of everything I got, in case someone out there was interested:
Phoenix 7" - $6

Dan Deacon 7" - $7

T/T/T EP - $8! This ended up being the best surprise of the day, after hearing most people paid at least $15 for it.

Toro Y Moi 7" Boxset - $15

Tame Impala EP - $17

Django Unchained OST - $23

Cut Copy LP = $26

At the end of the day, the guys running the show were great, the guys I waited in line with were great, and the selection/prices were great. Wuxtry Athens is my go-to for any RSD in the near future.

Also, they had at least 8 copies of T/T/T at opening and they weren't moving very quickly, so if anyone still needs one, I can go after noon (they won't let me back in until then) and see if there are any left. There's a one-per-person rule in effect, so I can only help out one person.

I'd love one, they didn't get any at my local store! I PMed you!

Got to Wuxtry Athens at about 8:45am (it opens at 10:00), and was seventh or eighth in line. Though, the first ten or so people, including myself, just stood in a blob around the door and shot the shit for an hour or so. It was a lot of fun.

At 10:00, the dude opened the door, and the blob went in according to who got there when, no arguments, all smiling faces. While I was inside, everyone was helping everyone. If someone called out "is there one of this", someone either said "no, sorry" or said yes, told them where it was, and the people who weren't getting it moved so they could get it. It was kind of unbelievable.

I got almost everything I wanted, except for the Best Coast single, which they didn't have. I even picked up the Django Unchained soundtrack (which came with a slipmat!!!), and the Phoenix 7", neither of which I was expecting to get.

Also, they had at least 8 copies of T/T/T at opening and they weren't moving very quickly, so if anyone still needs one, I can go after noon (they won't let me back in until then) and see if there are any left. There's a one-per-person rule in effect, so I can only help out one person.

(EDIT: Someone has asked. If I'm able to get more than one, I'll let you guys know.)

A picture of my haul:

1fb57a9aa9c911e2bf2722000a1fbc66_7.jpg

good pull with Tame Impala - i think they had one at my store...didn't end up grabbing it though