Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

it was stated in a facebook reply to someone bitching about having waited for hours and paid what they did for it when they could have stayed home and paid 99 bucks. 

Apparently they could learn something about shipping more afordably from places like soundstagedirect who ships expensive box sets for free

it was stated in a facebook reply to someone bitching about having waited for hours and paid what they did for it when they could have stayed home and paid 99 bucks. 

Apparently they could learn something about shipping more afordably from places like soundstagedirect who ships expensive box sets for free

That sucks. On their site they say free shipping for everything over $65. 

I feel horrible for him, what an ordeal. 

I've been reading the posts on Cake's Facebook about the box and they seem to be very helpful in answering questions. People have posted how they paid over $125 for it, and the band is asking for you to send the name and address of the stores to them. Apparently it was strictly only supposed to be $125. 

Also they stated that the mail-order ones are limited quantities. And there are 40 test presses hidden in boxes.

I've been reading the posts on Cake's Facebook about the box and they seem to be very helpful in answering questions. People have posted how they paid over $125 for it, and the band is asking for you to send the name and address of the stores to them. Apparently it was strictly only supposed to be $125. 

Also they stated that the mail-order ones are limited quantities. And there are 40 test presses hidden in boxes.

Mine was $129.99 at Amoeba SF .... so damn busy I haven't opened yet but better check for a test press....

I've never met a cake fan or even knew they had a crazy fanbase until the box set was announced. Only song I've ever heard was Short Skirt/Long Jacket.

This. I've heard that, "The Distance" and probably a couple of others. I had no idea there was such a rabid fanbase, but I've never liked them so I guess I wouldn't know that. 

This was $200.00 Canadian at my local shop on Saturday. They rec'd 5 copies and only had one available on Saturday morning?!?!?!?! It was snagged by the guy in front of me in line before i could see it. Was disappointed to miss out on that.

How will the Mail-order thing work? not old-school snail mail i hope.

I signed up for the mailing list and am just waiting for the further email. 

You've haven't heard 'The Distance'?

You are missing out.

I honestly have no clue what they even sound like. It's pretty weird, I guess they aren't popular enough to be "mainstream" known and the groups I hang around have no intersection with them so I just know nothing about them.