Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I honestly have no clue what they even sound like. It's pretty weird, I guess they aren't popular enough to be "mainstream" known and the groups I hang around have no intersection with them so I just know nothing about them.

I'd suggest making whatever changes necessary to rectify this.  

I'm guessing you were born after 1990? 

It's like, I know a ton of people who know and love the lips, Yo La Tengo, all those other bands. Cake however I legitimately have never heard anyone talking about. I'm just surprised, I'm usually in the know about these sort of things.

It's like, I know a ton of people who know and love the lips, Yo La Tengo, all those other bands. Cake however I legitimately have never heard anyone talking about. I'm just surprised, I'm usually in the know about these sort of things.

I'm surprised too..... with over 5000 posts on this forum and you have not come across them before? That is amazing.

This is my favorite cake song and a great flash video:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/comforteagle

I'm surprised too..... with over 5000 posts on this forum and you have not come across them before? That is amazing.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

i know that's not the best way to show it but it's not like there's been a ton of threads on these guys or anything

I've been reading the posts on Cake's Facebook about the box and they seem to be very helpful in answering questions. People have posted how they paid over $125 for it, and the band is asking for you to send the name and address of the stores to them. Apparently it was strictly only supposed to be $125.

Also they stated that the mail-order ones are limited quantities. And there are 40 test presses hidden in boxes.

It was $150 at criminal in ATL. They always inflate the prices of the super limited stuff. It's bullshit. I might narc on them to cake just to see if it has any effect.

The way they price shit is the reason you won't see me in there any other day than RSD. I go there on RSD because if there is a super ltd item I'll get there really early, they'll have 1 or 2 for an absurd markup, I'll buy it because I'm a sucker, then I'll bitch and moan on a msg board till Black Friday and the cycle will repeat itself. Honestly if they would just price shit fairly they would make a lot of money off of me. There's a new little record store that opened last month about 0.1 miles from my house though that seems legit so I'm excited about hopefully spending RSDs down the line there. They didn't get any RSD stuff this year since they just opened, but I stopped in on my way home and spent about $60 on used LPs just to say thanks for existing.

On our way to do a mini vacation in Cleveland we hit Finders Records they had 6 or so box sets left at $200...... When looking at other stuff they dissappeared the owner was re-pricing them in back. I asked if they would take $139 for one and he said yes (for some reason i thought that was msrp) And we got a old RSD S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Incubus for $18. I know they ship call them if $139 is fair