Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

I keep going back and forth in understanding the anger over more pressed, but then I realize mine is 1/1 because it's mine and I'm happy with it.

I waited in line for three hours and had some good talks with the other people in line. I think I liked the waiting to buy it. That's just me and obviously I got one on RSD, so I'm a bit biased.

What I think is unfair about the "diehard fans" who want to feel special and are asking for a black repress is that they might have been standing in line for HOURS while others might not have had that chance. I was considering it for RSD but the store I went to apparently allowed people to walk out with multiple copies... I was about 30th in line or so and saw the first 10-15 people walk out with multiple box sets. How is that fair for the other fans who did what they could and got on line when their schedules allowed only to be told they sold out a few minutes ago? Keep them colored and slap a second pressing or a "NON RSD 2014" label somewhere. If Cake presses them on colored vinyl again doesn't take away the fact that you spent hours on line. Keep the RSD 2014 sticker on your packaging if you want and let everyone have a fair chance at owning these albums on this format...

When people get preachy and misty eyed about Cakegate and drop the "Record Store Day is supposed to be about limited edition vinyl that gets us out to support record shops..." bit, it makes me wonder why they leave out the whole social, experiential aspect of participating in person. I wonder how their girlfriend and friends who camped out with them and kept them company feel when they talk about how waiting in line was now a terrible waste of time.

What I think is unfair about the "diehard fans" who want to feel special and are asking for a black repress is that they might have been standing in line for HOURS while others might not have had that chance. I was considering it for RSD but the store I went to apparently allowed people to walk out with multiple copies... I was about 30th in line or so and saw the first 10-15 people walk out with multiple box sets. How is that fair for the other fans who did what they could and got on line when their schedules allowed only to be told they sold out a few minutes ago? Keep them colored and slap a second pressing or a "NON RSD 2014" label somewhere. If Cake presses them on colored vinyl again doesn't take away the fact that you spent hours on line. Keep the RSD 2014 sticker on your packaging if you want and let everyone have a fair chance at owning these albums on this format...

You had the chance. Isn't it ultimately your fault that you weren't 1st in line? Or should you have someone else to blame for your tardiness? 30th person in line should have in no way expected to have received one of these in the first place, considering most stores had maybe 1 copy.

This is also ignoring the fact that this very website (and others) had the link to purchase the boxset posted for hours (not seconds or minutes but HOURS).

Whenever a company/band/artist/etc... sells something limited and there's far more demand than supply, there is ALWAYS bitching after the sellout. If you don't like the bitching, don't sell limited shit. Simple as that.

Ill be listening to the entire set front to back today :)

Yall that have one incoming are gonna be very pleased!

Fun fact: i live in bakersfield, the town where they recorded the Live From The Crystal Palace. I work about a minute away from there.

Did you get your box from Going Underground? I've never been there (for RSD) or anywhere for that matter due to my work schedule, but I've always wanted to. If so, do they get many releases?

No. I got it from World Records. World is starting to stock more vinyl again. Going underground is great! He gets in a lot of different stuff from punk, rock, reggae, rap etc. used and new releases at a decent price. Definitely worth checking out. Its a pretty small place so its a good place to kill a couple hours.

No. I got it from World Records. World is starting to stock more vinyl again. Going underground is great! He gets in a lot of different stuff from punk, rock, reggae, rap etc. used and new releases at a decent price. Definitely worth checking out. Its a pretty small place so its a good place to kill a couple hours.

Oh no, I've been there, just not on RSD. I forgot about World Records. Haven't been there since they were next to GU. Hopefully next year I can make it out to RSD.

Mine still says "ready for shipping", i just mailed them about it, here´s their reply...:

"well, your order is currently on the bubble, most probably will ship in the 2nd set, but there are a limited number (and yours might be one) which we can fill out of a little reserve of boxsets we are getting. plz bear with us, know that no matter how this plays out, your order is going to be filled."

kinda messed up...

You had the chance. Isn't it ultimately your fault that you weren't 1st in line? Or should you have someone else to blame for your tardiness? 30th person in line should have in no way expected to have received one of these in the first place, considering most stores had maybe 1 copy.

This is also ignoring the fact that this very website (and others) had the link to purchase the boxset posted for hours (not seconds or minutes but HOURS).

Whenever a company/band/artist/etc... sells something limited and there's far more demand than supply, there is ALWAYS bitching after the sellout. If you don't like the bitching, don't sell limited shit. Simple as that.

Not everyone can just drop what they're doing and line up 18 hours in advance for releases like that. If the store had limited to one per person then it probably wouldn't have sold out so quick since everyone in front walked out with 2 or 3 copies.

"well, your order is currently on the bubble, most probably will ship in the 2nd set, but there are a limited number (and yours might be one) which we can fill out of a little reserve of boxsets we are getting. plz bear with us, know that no matter how this plays out, your order is going to be filled."

Anyone who contacted them for a tracking # actually know if yours went out yet? Cause from the sounds of this they haven't even got them yet. I'm hoping for those of us who got "shipped" notifications that we will be in the first batch and won't have to wait for however long it takes to get the next set pressed.

Anyone who contacted them for a tracking # actually know if yours went out yet? Cause from the sounds of this they haven't even got them yet. I'm hoping for those of us who got "shipped" notifications that we will be in the first batch and won't have to wait for however long it takes to get the next set pressed.

Mine is due to arrive on my birthday, which is Wednesday.

Mine has departed Dallas, TX.