Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

My copy came with a big old dent in the lower right corner, which was lame.  Then I opened it and thought, wow, this looks great.  Then I looked at the records, the sleeves, etc. and thought this is phenomenal.

Then I realized that I had 9 records, of which one was an autographed test press copy of Motorcade of Generosity...and I though...wow, for $99, I think I just got the deal of a lifetime....who cares about the packaging scrape, because this is better than awesome!

Also....the test press is dated from March of 2013....this must have taken Cake a long time to put together!

Anyone who possibly has a tracking number that hasn't updated:

"Ok, this has been figured out. It is not great news.

There was a small malfunction in the shipping system (affected less than 10 orders-but 1 was yours) where a shipping label showed as printed, which triggers the email you got. However, it didnt print, and therefore was NOT ever shipped.

As of now, you have 2 choices, we can hold your order and ship you one when the 2nd round is ready

or

we can refund your money.

Plz advise.

All apologies, we are looking into the technical side of how this happened, so it doesn't reoccur."

I was telling them this was the problem over a week ago and that I hoped they would hold a set back for me in case of this or it being lost in the mail but whatever.

They told me today that as far as they know the 2nd press will be the same as the first, but that they have no ETA for when it will be available and to just keep an eye out on the Cake mailing list like last time for info.

If that's the case I will just hold

Onto my order. Unless I come across one for the same price. But damn I wanted this already so I can spin it!

I think the 10 people that got screwed should get a test press haha just sayin!

Anyone who possibly has a tracking number that hasn't updated:

"Ok, this has been figured out. It is not great news.

There was a small malfunction in the shipping system (affected less than 10 orders-but 1 was yours) where a shipping label showed as printed, which triggers the email you got. However, it didnt print, and therefore was NOT ever shipped.

As of now, you have 2 choices, we can hold your order and ship you one when the 2nd round is ready

or

we can refund your money.

Plz advise.

All apologies, we are looking into the technical side of how this happened, so it doesn't reoccur."

I was telling them this was the problem over a week ago and that I hoped they would hold a set back for me in case of this or it being lost in the mail but whatever.

not that its much of my biz I suppose, and it doesn't make it suck much less, but didn't you snag another copy of this on RSD anyway? 

not that its much of my biz I suppose, and it doesn't make it suck much less, but didn't you snag another copy of this on RSD anyway?

Oh yeah I put it out there that I was buying another one simply for the chance at a test press and a box that wasn't ripped (the one I got on RSD was). I was gonna sell it off for like ~$100 ppd after I got it in. Laying down the extra cash for a chance to have a box in better condition didn't seem too bad to me but oh well.

On that note, does anyone wanna trade their box for mine and some extra $$$?

Oh yeah I put it out there that I was buying another one simply for the chance at a test press and a box that wasn't ripped (the one I got on RSD was). I was gonna sell it off for like ~$100 ppd after I got it in. Laying down the extra cash for a chance to have a box in better condition didn't seem too bad to me but oh well.

look on ebay.. theres somebody who broke up a set and is selling them as single records.. im sure he'd have the box to sell

well damn I wish you got it then, because I tooootally would have bought your ripped box set off you. 

I got a note from the customs office today, my Cake box has arrived!

I ordered it immediately after the link was posted here, and my order was marked ready to ship right after the purchase. The status changed to 'shipped' on the 30th of April and now it's here in Finland. But I never received any emails for the status of my order or a tracking code for the shipment. I was about to email them today after reading some of the posts here!

It still takes few days for the the box to finally arrive to me, but I'm already happy! (here's hoping it was packed well and the Postal Gods treated it nicely on it's way)

Any other people from Europe got theirs yet?

I got a note from the customs office today, my Cake box has arrived!

I ordered it immediately after the link was posted here, and my order was marked ready to ship right after the purchase. The status changed to 'shipped' on the 30th of April and now it's here in Finland. But I never received any emails for the status of my order or a tracking code for the shipment. I was about to email them today after reading some of the posts here!

It still takes few days for the the box to finally arrive to me, but I'm already happy! (here's hoping it was packed well and the Postal Gods treated it nicely on it's way)

Any other people from Europe got theirs yet?

Same here, reaches customs today (Germany)...plan on bailing it out on monday (if I receive the notification by then, hopefully)...

Next week, my turntables will work overtime ;)