PO: Palms - S/T (Chino Moreno + ex-Isis members)

While I will agree that nothing about super high quality about the pressing, I have to point out that records once were almost all in the same weight class as this pressing and if your copy is actually warped it shouldn't take long to flatten it just by putting some heavy books on it. I'm actually sick of getting records in the 180g weight class because I still end up with ones that get warped and its way harder to flatten them and I just like the aesthetic of a thinner record better. It feels like a classic artifact from the era of the LP. If you bought this at the first amazon price of $16 its more than worth it. If you got this at 26 plus shipping, you got screwed. I will agree that with all the money they saved on vinyl and card stock they could have thrown in poly-lined inners. The inner sleeves on this are total shit. As far as the sound of the record is concerned, it sounds awesome on my turntable and stereo system. I have not yet heard the CD but listening on youtube makes it sound pretty thin.

I just listened to this on my system again, what can I say - it sounds pretty bad. The first five minutes at the beginning of each side are ok and then the quality starts to degrade drastically, like most of the records which are cut straight from the CD master. I have s very decent system and the cartridge is aligned 95% correctly. Listened to other records also before and after, sounded fine.

I paid 22 euros for mine which is around 27 USD. I canceled my amazon.com preorder because I have had too many damaged orders recently (shipping from US to EU) and I hoped there would be an EU press anyway, because lets be honest - half of the records pressed in USA today are shit when compared to EU versions (Optimal, Pallas factories etc).

I dont really get it why bands/labels still mind with the plain white sandpaper sleeves.

Get a new record, inspect it under sunlight, then sandpaper it through that sleeve 100 times and inspect it again - a fucking guarantted trainwreck.

I received my Amazon copy today. Was hoping it was clear but it was gold, not complaining though...looks great!

Spinning it right now. Sounds great to me! Listened to all of Side A and onto Side B. Levels are very dynamic and bass is DEFINITELY there. Not lacking at all for me. No distortion groove as it gets to the inner grooves. Maybe your copy has issues?

I thought the package was pretty decent. A little overpriced but the jacket looks great! My LP1 has 'slight' warping but doesn't effect playback.

Overall happy I went with Amazon and saved a lot on shipping to Aus.

Second run of cassettes at Robo up now. Limited to 275 and black this time.

http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=5864

Ordered. :) got white and black.

$ucking me dry, they are. What color's next? Gold ? Red ? Clear?  (no regrets, just wouldn't believe my shipping costs this year alone!)