PO: Palms - S/T (Chino Moreno + ex-Isis members)

it's hard for me to believe BCD sold out of all the colors, i thought there were more than enough pressed when i saw the numbers. good for them though if they sold that many records, that crazy pants.

The deftones fan base is fairly large and their vinyl pressings get pretty good sized runs.  Same goes for Isis (maybe on a slightly scale).  Combine the two and you're going to sell some records.

I agree though, good they sold a bunch of them.

Sorry for the delay!

bEYsNhi.jpg

Very nice of you. Thanks. I'll spread it to the Deftones board.

The deftones fan base is fairly large and their vinyl pressings get pretty good sized runs.  Same goes for Isis (maybe on a slightly scale).  Combine the two and you're going to sell some records.

I agree though, good they sold a bunch of them.

Keep in mind that of the numbers that were posted a bunch were sent to other distros and local record stores. They probably did not have the entire 1000 to 1500 of each variant available at BCD only.

Amazon came in perfect condition and turned out to be black just as I hoped. Glad as shit. Haven't listened to it yet but will soon and report. By the way, I love the weight of the vinyl and it looks really well cut and handled with nearly no production scuffs.

awesome!  Hope my .ca order ships soon :P

The verdict is in aaaaand.... This album is fucking phenomenal! Outstanding! I can't remember the last time I was this elated during a first listen to an album that I was anticipating. After hearing Tropics and Patagonia my expectations changed from what I initially saw coming based on the mere notion of the two party's union but this LP has turned out to be stellar. It's so visual and the word "cinematic" has been thrown around extensively since the reviews began pouring in but it truly reflects that attribute heavily and even moreso for a synesthete like myself for whom visuals are a given when listening to music. My only complaint would be that Aaron could have truly, tastefully used more of the latter half of Antarctic Handshake to lay many more beats down and for longer than he did and it would have absolutely complemented the close of the album beautifully. Otherwise, well done, Palms. Do want more albums and a full tour with a stop in Chicago.

So i'll be seeing Palms at the Troubadour later this month and they said they would have all colors of the vinyl there. Which color would you suggest I pick up? Is one more rarer than the other one? Any one else going to be there?

I bought a Clear copy and it's damn sexy. Choose wisely! 

1000 Clear Vinyl

1000 White Vinyl

1500 Red Vinyl

1500 Gold Vinyl

The rest are Black vinyl.