Online Retailers for RSD Titles

@Bullmoose,

I'm about to send an email, but I had a quick question regarding my order status. I've ordered several times from you guys over the past year and customer service has been nothing but excellent, but I always seem to have problems online. 

Even though I have my card info saved, it keeps telling me its invalid. During the rush this morning I couldn't find my card so I kept pressing "submit" since I knew the card # was correct. Eventually  after a few clicks my order went through. So my worry is: if for whatever reason my card is invalid (which it shouldnt be) will you still honor my order and wait for me to supply the correct/updated info, or will it just be cancelled? thanks

Hi mpitts (and to everyone),

Our site does have our live on-hand information --- so we *shouldn't* have to cancel anything.  Sometimes shop-worn issues come up, but since this is two day old stuff, that should be highly unlikely.  The only other things that happen are missing items (i.e. shoplifted items) and race conditions (someone at a retail store grabs it before we can pick it for online sales) - which should also be unlikely.  We'll do our best.  I'm posting here because we can see a lot of incoming traffic from here and want to make sure y'all are taken care of.  Our fill rate is around 99% -- which sounds good unless you're part of that about 1% --- so we keep working to make our fill rate as close to 100% as possible.

Regards,

Bull Moose

I just want to say, from a customers standpoint, THANK YOU! I e-mailed your customer service a couple of minutes after I placed an order (due to a duplicate order) and Kiley in your Customer Service department responded, has been incredibly nice and I don't think that gets recognized enough so thank you!

@Bullmoose,

I'm about to send an email, but I had a quick question regarding my order status. I've ordered several times from you guys over the past year and customer service has been nothing but excellent, but I always seem to have problems online. 

Even though I have my card info saved, it keeps telling me its invalid. During the rush this morning I couldn't find my card so I kept pressing "submit" since I knew the card # was correct. Eventually  after a few clicks my order went through. So my worry is: if for whatever reason my card is invalid (which it shouldnt be) will you still honor my order and wait for me to supply the correct/updated info, or will it just be cancelled? thanks

Hi Sowingseason92,

Thanks for the kind words and really sorry our site has been cranky!  I'll take a peek and PM you... Our website finally became our own on December 17th of last year -- meaning before that, we used an outside service -- but now, our website reflects our actual stores in real-time --- so we can do a lot more things to make sure our customers get the service they deserve.  For instance, if you basket is frozen or incomplete, we'll actually be able to peek at it and help push it through if need be.

You'll hear from us!  :)

Bull Moose

I just want to say, from a customers standpoint, THANK YOU! I e-mailed your customer service a couple of minutes after I placed an order (due to a duplicate order) and Kiley in your Customer Service department responded, has been incredibly nice and I don't think that gets recognized enough so thank you!

Thanks - that's great to hear -- and thanks for passing it on... I'll give her the kudos!  

anyone looking for straylight run this person is selling 6 copies on ebay for 14.99 + 2.98 shipping each

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSD-2013-Straylight-Run-Prepare-To-Be-Wrong-LP-BRAND-NEW-RECORD-STORE-DAY-/190828961248?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c6e4adde0

Thanks for the heads up! Got one!

Hi mpitts (and to everyone),

Our site does have our live on-hand information --- so we *shouldn't* have to cancel anything.  Sometimes shop-worn issues come up, but since this is two day old stuff, that should be highly unlikely.  The only other things that happen are missing items (i.e. shoplifted items) and race conditions (someone at a retail store grabs it before we can pick it for online sales) - which should also be unlikely.  We'll do our best.  I'm posting here because we can see a lot of incoming traffic from here and want to make sure y'all are taken care of.  Our fill rate is around 99% -- which sounds good unless you're part of that about 1% --- so we keep working to make our fill rate as close to 100% as possible.

Regards,

Bull Moose

Wow, thank you so much for letting me (and everyone) know. I really appreciate the fantastic customer service.  I'll be doing more of my online shopping at your site going forward.  

Absolutely wonderful that you came on the board to clarify everything Bull Moose. I am curious though about the the Drive Soundtrack. I was able to order it through the website before it said "Available in Store Only." 

Is this a good sign for those of us that got in there quick? I also picked up the Toadies & Sarah Jaffee : Down By the Water 7"

Fantastic of you to come on here and to be so genuine. Thanks again. 

Absolutely wonderful that you came on the website to clarify everything Bull Moose. I am curious though about the the Drive Soundtrack. I was able to order it through the website before it said "Available in Store Only." 

Is this a good sign for those of us that got in there quick? I also picked up the Toadies & Sarah Jaffee : Down By the Water 7"

Fantastic of you to come on here and to be so genuine. Thanks again. 

Hi Tamubro,

The Drive never arrived --- we allegedly have 55 on the way, but I bet they're not coming.  Really sorry.  The Toadies looks to be in good shape though

Sorry again about The Drive... we'll keep our fingers crossed that the incoming orders to us get filled so we can ship it to you --- but I'm not optimistic about that one..

Thanks,

Bull Moose

@ Bull Moose

How do you know if your order has been fulfilled? I've watched the South Park 7" stock dwindle from 7 stores available to 3 and status of order still says order received... Does this status change once order is confirmed in stock?

Hi ifworkpermits,

The next step will be picked --- so right now it's on a pick-list (just like a shopping list) for one of the locations --- first they do is grab it off the floor and scan it -- when it's scanned it will say "Item Packaged"... but the moment it says "order received" that item is reserved for you 

Thanks!

Bull Moose

Hi Tamubro,

The Drive never arrived --- we allegedly have 55 on the way, but I bet they're not coming.  Really sorry.  The Toadies looks to be in good shape though

Sorry again about The Drive... we'll keep our fingers crossed that the incoming orders to us get filled so we can ship it to you --- but I'm not optimistic about that one..

Thanks,

Bull Moose

holy crap, 55?? well they just found the missing pallet of records on like friday of last week, so hopefully you'll still have at least some coming.

Hi Tamubro,

Thanks,

Bull Moose

Thanks for the update Bull Moose. I will DEFINITELY be keeping my fingers crossed for that shipment to come in. It was my only RSD vinyl that I just couldn't get my hands on. Would hate to pay Ebay prices. Here's to hoping it will work out!!! 

How we are dealing with an online race condition.  

Problem:

Two vinyl lovers order the same records at the virtually same time (a few seconds apart).  We have two in stock.  Person 1 orders 2 copies... Person 2 orders 1 copy.  Right now --- if it's a virtual tie --- we are assigning each person 1 copy.  So Person 1 misses out on their second copy, but person 2 gets their first copy.  We have no idea if this is truly the best plan, but feel like this is the "fairest?".  Honestly, we've never run into this before --- we run super quick orders (i.e. people have to order the same items incredibly close together to not have the quantity updated before they finish their order - like less than 1 minute on average), but we've had a few online collisions like this happen today.  

What do you guys think?  Is that fair, or should we go with the line in the sand approach - first come first serve if even by a few seconds?  

@ bull moose

1 per order. In my opinion, when it comes to online ordering, you don't know if those orders are eBay bound or if they are for friends or fellow board members. I personally placed two different orders at two different times (one for someone on here in case they missed out and one for myself). This would not do away with the online collisions but it would make it fair as far as quantity allowed. Then, its first come first serve.

As for the situation you are in, I think you did the right thing where each person got 1.