New Relient K song "Don't Blink"

You don't/didn't like "Boomerang?" That's actually one of the new songs that I really dig. Sounds almost like a Rk/Switchfoot hybrid track. But that's just me. 

Are we speaking of the same song? Maybe I'm not as familiar with Switchfoot, but this song sounded like a Pink out-take.

Edit: Checked out newer Switchfoot stuff. I see how you could get that.

• 3 weeks later...

Also there's a press release which is worth a read but the most interesting piece of info is that "This album will be a digital only release with physical and special edition vinyl copies available at Relient K shows this summer."

Here's the release: http://e2.ma/webview/beydi/42257ab7d71c71e89354e8d9d33567ad

This album sounds like a fucking nightmare so far. Every new song is worse than the last. FANSD gave me the impression that they were veering away from poppy shit, but they're just jumping in headfirst with these super clean drums and all-filler lyrics that you could reconstruct using entire lines from other boring inoffensive artists. I think I hate Lost Boy more than any Owl City song I've ever heard.

this time around they chose to mix-it up and co-write for the first time ever on a Relient K album. Co-writers include Fernando Garibay (Lady Gaga), Ari Levine (Cee Lo Green, Bruno Mars), Evan Bogart (Beyonce, Rihanna) and Tim Pagnotta (lead singer/writer for Sugarcult).

SOUNDS SUPER COOL CAN'T WAIpuke.gif

FANSD gave me the impression that they were veering away from poppy shit, but they're just jumping in headfirst with these super clean drums and all-filler lyrics that you could reconstruct using entire lines from other boring inoffensive artists. I think I hate Lost Boy more than any Owl City song I've ever heard.

I think the rest of the album will have more heavy drums from what they've played live and such. Don't Blink and Boomerang both had good lyrics and instrumentation, I felt at least.

"That's My Jam" isn't actually part of the album, they said it was just a fun song they made in the studio, so don't let it change your view of the rest of the album. 

Lost Boy on the other hand... I have no defense for it. It did sound like a generic song especially with the "ey ey ey eys." I'm really hoping that's a one off song, and there aren't others like it.

Kind of a bummer to hear this after FANSD, the only Relient K album I've ever enjoyed, which I absolutely loved and is probably one of my favorites. Wish they were going to advance that more mature sound rather than going poppy again. Which I have no problem with, but the band hasn't been able to make a full on great pop album yet, so we'll see.

I can see AlexH is furious about the co-writers, but I am pretty excited to hear how the Tim Pagnotta songs sound! He writes great songs.

I'm extremely excited to hear what Tim has to bring to the table for Relient K. I've been a long time Sugarcult fan, and nothing short of greatness could come from this collaboration.

^ Agreed. FANSD was their perfect sound in my opinion. Perfect balance between their older poppy sound and a matured and more developed sound. I liked Don't Blink, but the other two songs are pretty awful. I really REALLY hope the rest of the album isn't like this.

I know I'm at bit alone in this, but I feel their best work came off of Five Score. I would love a return to that sound, but I doubt that would happen. But I totally agree, Don't Blink is great, and what I've heard of Boomerang, and the song Collapsible Lung, I like. But, what I heard of Lost Boy, is just awful. Which saddens me.

Five Score is really great as well, but definitely my least listened to album from them. When I saw them last July they played a new song, and it sounded really good. I think it was Boomerang, but I'm not 100% sure. I still have hope for this album, but not as much as I did before the release of these songs.

Edit: Actually the first two albums are my least listened too.