wildnothing-LTD-mockUSE1-720x523.jpg

“This is a record that happened very fast for me. We had just gotten back from a particularly long European tour last November, our first supporting Nocturne, and I was feeling a lot of things. I found myself struggling with what it meant to be a musician, with what music in general meant to me and what part I could possibly play in it. Playing the same songs every night for months left me bored with myself. But when I got home, for the first time in awhile it suddenly seemed that the pressure was off. We didn’t have any tours planned for several months and I started to remember again why I love music in the first place. I listened to Brian Eno and David Bowie for weeks on end and felt like I was hearing them for the first time. I took a trip to Miami with my girlfriend. I visited my family. I felt free to try things musically that I would have stifled before. The songs on this EP were recorded over a 10 day period and are a reflection of this time. Of all the frustrations and successes and moments of peace in between.” -Jack

‘Empty Estate’ EP out May 14th on Captured Tracks

Get it while it's in stock: 

LTD edition - $22: http://capturedtracks.com/catalog/by_artist/ct-174-wild-nothing-empty-esate-12-ep-limited-edition/

Regular Edition - $13: http://capturedtracks.com/catalog/by_artist/ct-174-wild-nothing-empty-esate-12-epcd-regular-edition/

I'm so weak. Like a dog returning to his vomit I actually just bought this from the Captured Tracks website. What can I do though? Dammit I love Wild Nothing, and CT does know how to make a nicely packaged special edition. Unfortunate that I'll have to request a replacement when the vinyl shows up with pressing errors, and unfortunate that they will not respond to my emails when I inevitably do have an issue. Also unfortunate is that it will only arrive at my door a month or so after it's promised release date. 

Then again I'm now an experienced CT buyer and these issues are not only expected but almost taken appreciatively, as I bend over and lower my pants...

Why are some of my favorite artists held hostage from me on such a label? Whatever, as long as they keep the slap bracelets coming.

The CT site says "only 475 available on the site". Not sure that that means there will only be 475 available (which it might), or that there are 475 allotted for sale on the site, then more copies for tours or perhaps some record stores, like their own brick and mortar shop.

per a post on the CT facebook: "475 direct from our webstore, 150 for the band at shows, 180 to select stores around the globe."

Almost went for it but its only seven songs, lots of useless shit, and I didn't necessarily like the new song. So heh. I'll wait for the new DIIV album, which I'll order immediately.

as i'm listening to past lives...

does anyone know what exactly the "hand numbered envelope" will be?

is it the outside of the box? is it an envelope within the box containing the poster, etc...?

eh - i'll shoot them an email

Not to sure if you have heard back, maybe post their reply as i am curious too

But my assumption is based of the mock up is, as it is smaller than the LP sleeve so perhaps it is to contain the extras (poster, stickers, wristband etc)

• 2 weeks later...