Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

I had about 5 records coming in the mail from Amazon, several of which were gifts for my girlfriend for her birthday. For some reason, they were all in separate mailers. It just so happened to be a very rainy day.

Mail comes around 3:30 PM and I get home at about 10:00 PM from my night classes and there they all are. Sitting in front of my mailbox. In the pouring rain. Soaking wet.

The records were fine, but still...You don't do that shit. 

If he won't send you a picture of the missing piece, then file away. Also take screenshots of your conversation with A saying that he bought the broken one from A and send it in along with your claim to ebay.

If you REALLY want to help your case, he misgraded the record and it was falsely graded on the listing. He admitted that it sounded flawless when he had it, but you played it and it sounds like Rice Krispies.

The time to be nice is over. He's already uncooperative and belligerent so why waste the time on formalities? Get your money back and buy your record dude.

Document EVERYTHING. It helps your case a lot.

Thank you.

I would feel really awful if I screwed him out of $400. But he hasn't done squat to help his case. All he would have to do is send pics of the missing pieces to prove that its really broken. But all I get are emails like this:

Just file a claim. The guy is full of shit. He's avoiding your questions and trying to frame your request as if it was an arduous task. It's not. You're being the nice guy here trying to work things out, but he's the one who 

A. Still has your money

B. Still has your record (Since your money is still in his possession)

C. Is extremely difficult

D. Is screwing you and doesn't care

You have every reason to go forward with this. I sympathize because I was in a similar situation. Again, just go to paypal and do what I mentioned before. Just saying that the listing was false would win your dispute, but I'd go farther than that by detailing the whole ordeal to put the final nail in the coffin.

Vinyl records don't turn to dust... I have records twice my age and they didn't crumble like a cookie.

According to USPS policy, they are free to open any package shipped via media mail. The fact that you insured it for $400 might have prompted them to open it.

However, after reading your whole story, I suspect some foul play.

Note that the box doesn't have tape on the sides. I had taped it up so that means it is opened. It is also peculiar that USPS would do this to a box that was insured for $400 and had signature confirmation.

Hey guys. New member and also a FedEx driver for the past 5 years. 

I always take care of records when I load my truck and always stick them between the screen door and front doors when I can. 

It's a shame yours was so badly damaged. 

Luckily, I've only had one LP come badly damaged (via USPS) but I also suspect that it was shipped that way. 

Hey Moonbeams, you said you lived in Japan....?

Yes from 2005 to 2012. They had the greatest postal system. It was privatized. They delivered 7 days a week until 9 pm each day. If delivery time is 2 pm and you get a package at 5 pm, they would bring it over for delivery. If they missed you, they'd leave a note and if you call back before 6 pm, they would redeliver it that day by 9 pm. If not, the mail is stored at a 24 post office you can pick up any time. They treated all packages with extreme care. Many sellers don't use mailers, sometimes just plastic bags with some bubble wrap. Nothing was ever damaged.

Yes from 2005 to 2012. They had the greatest postal system. It was privatized. They delivered 7 days a week until 9 pm each day. If delivery time is 2 pm and you get a package at 5 pm, they would bring it over for delivery. If they missed you, they'd leave a note and if you call back before 6 pm, they would redeliver it that day by 9 pm. If not, the mail is stored at a 24 post office you can pick up any time. They treated all packages with extreme care. Many sellers don't use mailers, sometimes just plastic bags with some bubble wrap. Nothing was ever damaged.

Awesome. I can already hear panties getting bunched up around here at the thought of this haha.

Awesome. I can already hear panties getting bunched up around here at the thought of this haha.

That's a great idea for a Moonbeams thread. "I just got a record in a plastic bag!" I think I'll mail myself one to see what happens.

(I will never make a that thread; I'm shooting for more quality)