Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

2 days ago I called yelling at my local USPS because they marked 2 of my records as an "undeliverable address" even though Ive been getting records consistently over there past 2 years. Lazy ass Mailman didnt even leave a fucking notice. Now theyre being returned to sender. So pissed. One of them was Random Access Memories, the other was the Oblivion OST.

2 days ago I called yelling at my local USPS because they marked 2 of my records as an "undeliverable address" even though Ive been getting records consistently over there past 2 years. Lazy ass Mailman didnt even leave a fucking notice. Now theyre being returned to sender. So pissed. One of them was Random Access Memories, the other was the Oblivion OST.

Hear, hear. (or is it "here here?")

My wife lives in Japan. A month ago, she sent my parents birthday cards. The other day they were returned to her marked "undeliverable as addressed." They were missing the zip code, but she has sent me 10 letters without the zip code since January. Lazy USPS staff.

Also, USPS is trying really hard not to refund the broken Night of the Living Dead. Been a frustrating month.

Hear, hear. (or is it "here here?")

My wife lives in Japan. A month ago, she sent my parents birthday cards. The other day they were returned to her marked "undeliverable as addressed." They were missing the zip code, but she has sent me 10 letters without the zip code since January. Lazy USPS staff.

Also, USPS is trying really hard not to refund the broken Night of the Living Dead. Been a frustrating month.

Lazy wife, just put the zip code on there

Replied to PM.

Does everyone that points out logical solutions to his problems receive thinly veiled threats of violence?

Fuck, we got a badass over here

I honestly felt like kicking your ass last night.

I'm ashamed of that because I've never once felt that way in the history of posting as Moonbeams. I think my reaction is some kind of endophenotype of an evolutionary-based primal response for protecting family.

You called someone unrelated to this forum "lazy," but don't know the circumstances. She's from a culture that writes addresses on one line from prefecture to addressee (reverse order), omits the postal codes because they are not necessary, and doesn't even have names or numbers for streets.

Plus, their post office is so good, that one time I received a record with all the numbers on the address wrong and the address misspelled. It was a city of several million people, but they still figured out where to deliver the package.

I'm ashamed of that because I've never once felt that way in the history of posting as Moonbeams. I think my reaction is some kind of endophenotype of an evolutionary-based primal response for protecting family.

You called someone unrelated to this forum "lazy," but don't know the circumstances. She's from a culture that writes addresses on one line from prefecture to addressee (reverse order), omits the postal codes because they are not necessary, and doesn't even have names or numbers for streets.

Plus, their post office is so good, that one time I received a record with all the numbers on the address wrong and the address misspelled. It was a city of several million people, but they still figured out where to deliver the package.

That's Japan. This is America. We use zip codes here.

not trying to be a dick, but, how in the world do they find where packages are supposed to be delivered to in Japan if they dont use street numbers or names or zip codes?

That's a great question.

While streets don't have names, areas will have a name. An area can consist of several blocks, like 20. Then each building in the area has a number. But the numbers are in order of being built, not proximity! It's an archaic system that needs revision, but the effort to do so would be too ambitious to ever get done.

Things are delivered because the postman's duty is to know his area. They deliver mail on motorbikes and are constantly zipping back and forth all day between the post office and the areas they are responsible to deliver to.

The deliverymen are familiar with their subjects. They get to know you by face, name, and address. Sometimes I would be walking down the street, away from my home, and a delivery guy would come up to me with a package because he saw me.

Do you always take jokes as insults? Jesus christ dude.

That's a great question.

While streets don't have names, areas will have a name. An area can consist of several blocks, like 20. Then each building in the area has a number. But the numbers are in order of being built, not proximity! It's an archaic system that needs revision, but the effort to do so would be too ambitious to ever get done.

Things are delivered because the postman's duty is to know his area. They deliver mail on motorbikes and are constantly zipping back and forth all day between the post office and the areas they are responsible to deliver to.

The deliverymen are familiar with their subjects. They get to know you by face, name, and address. Sometimes I would be walking down the street, away from my home, and a delivery guy would come up to me with a package because he saw me.

That's kind of awesome. I do love my regular mailman. Most mornings I run into him while I'm out walking my dog and he hands over my packages right there, blocks away from my apartment. And he usually takes a minute to let Rex slobber on him, which is always nice, because Rex likes slobbering on the mailman.