Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

I live in Brooklyn - most of my mail goes through Jersey City - typically it is 1-2 days max from its arrival in JC to its arrival on my doorstep.

I have a packagwe from a user on here that left the USPS sort facility in JC May 31 - and was expected to arrive on June 3rd.

There have been no updates on it since then - I called to inquire about it and they just read me what the website says, and said I can lodge a complaint asking for an investigation on the 14th but no sooner. (it was the 6th when I called) I said - "Look, this package left your building on May 31st and hasn't arrived ANYWHERE in 6 days. Either you have a very lost postman driving in circles for the past 6 days or there is an issue worth investigating because this package is lost."

To which they replied "Sorry, call back on the 14th."

Never getting this package.

I live in Brooklyn - most of my mail goes through Jersey City - typically it is 1-2 days max from its arrival in JC to its arrival on my doorstep.

I have a packagwe from a user on here that left the USPS sort facility in JC May 31 - and was expected to arrive on June 3rd.

There have been no updates on it since then - I called to inquire about it and they just read me what the website says, and said I can lodge a complaint asking for an investigation on the 14th but no sooner. (it was the 6th when I called) I said - "Look, this package left your building on May 31st and hasn't arrived ANYWHERE in 6 days. Either you have a very lost postman driving in circles for the past 6 days or there is an issue worth investigating because this package is lost."

To which they replied "Sorry, call back on the 14th."

Never getting this package.

Funny, I got a similar response and my package is also somewhere in NYC. Sold a 50yr old Blue Note on ebay to some asshole in NY who decided to complain about surface noise after admitting that the LP was in "perfect shape". I told him to ship it back and I'd issue a refund. After keeping it for 48 hours he took it to the PO and refused the package instead of paying $3.43 for shipping it back properly. After 3 days attempting to track it back it simply said "refused" and had no updates. When I finally navigated through their awful automated system and got an agent on the line she just gave me some generic answer and told me to call if I didn't see it by the 19th. That was on the 7th. I told her that was unacceptable and that tracking info should have at least 1 update in a 72 hour period when something is sitting in a PO. I asked her how is it that something is sitting in one of their offices for 3 days and why can she not call said office and find out what is going on with the package. Her reply was, "would you like to open a case for the package?". Of course I wanna open a case!! Goddammit. I mean, what the eff is wrong with these people? So here we are, 3 days later and still no update on tracking info. Honestly, I more or less put all the blame on the guy who refused the package because he obviously wanted to be a pee-pants since he had to wait 4 extra days to receive his LP because the USPS misrouted it to California and he was expecting me to give him some sort of discount.

Funny, I got a similar response and my package is also somewhere in NYC. Sold a 50yr old Blue Note on ebay to some asshole in NY who decided to complain about surface noise after admitting that the LP was in "perfect shape". I told him to ship it back and I'd issue a refund. After keeping it for 48 hours he took it to the PO and refused the package instead of paying $3.43 for shipping it back properly. After 3 days attempting to track it back it simply said "refused" and had no updates. When I finally navigated through their awful automated system and got an agent on the line she just gave me some generic answer and told me to call if I didn't see it by the 19th. That was on the 7th. I told her that was unacceptable and that tracking info should have at least 1 update in a 72 hour period when something is sitting in a PO. I asked her how is it that something is sitting in one of their offices for 3 days and why can she not call said office and find out what is going on with the package. Her reply was, "would you like to open a case for the package?". Of course I wanna open a case!! Goddammit. I mean, what the eff is wrong with these people? So here we are, 3 days later and still no update on tracking info. Honestly, I more or less put all the blame on the guy who refused the package because he obviously wanted to be a pee-pants since he had to wait 4 extra days to receive his LP because the USPS misrouted it to California and he was expecting me to give him some sort of discount.

Yeah. It's insane. I understand why they say they don't file an investigation until it's like a week passed the end of the "expected" time period - because I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of wackjobs who call every day saying "I ordered a package from Amazon yesterday and it says it shipped but it wasn't here this morning is my package lost???"

But when it is June 10th and the last update on a package 1 day from my house was 11 days ago.... there is very obviously an issue.

Welp, here is my latest FUCKIN USPS experience, although I think it is mostly the seller's fault.

I paid $33 dollars for this record, with shipping, on eBay and received this bent up crap with what looks like a booger smeared on the back. The vinyl itself is fine.

Note: My parents are smokers and all of my records are kept in my room, far away from the areas in which the smoke. My records are safe and kept in a smoke free environment. 

3130orb.jpg

mr9wk1.jpg

5lrz4h.jpg

e9yf5g.jpg

2rwp5bs.jpg

351deno.jpg

1runsz.jpg

335blvq.jpg

2uyohh5.jpg

25ftys6.jpg

Yes, the seller is definitely at fault here, but USPS is no better.

In Japan (where I spent a great deal of years), you could mail a record in a plastic bag with bubble tape and it would arrive fine.

The underlining problem here is that USPS workers don't give a crap about the packages they handle. So if you send records, it's your job and your responsibility to package that stuff so USPS doesn't destroy it.

So speaketh Moonbeams.

I hate the town here. Once my gf and I find real jobs with our Bachelors Degrees, I'm outta here!

I lived in Debary for about 8 years and moved back to NJ about a year ago after I got my AS degree from FTC in Deland, don't worry, it is possible to get out of the Delrico area. :D

Submitting to the conversation about USPS: out of the hundreds of albums I got, only one came broke which was kind of ironicly, Crack the Skye from Mastodon. I contacted the seller on eBay and informed them and they replaced it for free.

Heres my story, Purchased Sunny Day Real Estate on Vinyl from a seller on Discogs. She sent the package, delivery confirmation etc.. I track it daily and see it is out for delivery from a Maryland post office, which is funny because I live in Virginia, and see a 'delivered' status to someplace also in Maryland. 

I check with Discogs, def had the correct address, Called USPS, went through about 6 different people until I finally got connected to the delivering Post Office. She did some research and said 'yeah, that is weird. I see it says going to you there in VA but got delivered to the George Washington University bookstore instead.

Called the bookstore, they said they sent it back with the postman since they realized immediately it was the wrong address. I call lady back, shes getting a bit rude now. "listen, it will go right back into the system, you're only 30 miles away you should have it in a few days".. THREE weeks later I finally get it. I mean how the hell do you deliver it to the wrong state and number address? Nothing matched the bookstore it was sent to in any way shape or form to my address. I won;t even go into how my neighbors and I are going to each others houses at least once a week to exchange each others mail..USPS.. idiots.

To be fair to USPS, that's hardly their fault that someone used nothing more than a sheet of brown paper to protect a flimsy record jacket while traveling across the country in planes, trucks, and through sorting machines.

Oh I know, not saying USPS was at fault at all. If anything I'm surprised at how well it ended up being shipped in just paper. I was more frustrated with how it was mailed out, and this was the most fitting thread I could find haha