Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

It was annoying. The buyer said they arrived perfectly fine. They were some old albums by The Police, so fortunately they weren't too valuable. 

Usually the tracking will say "Returned to Sender" and won't update anymore, so I think there's still hope!

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!

& that's a good point. The alert said "if information is available, it will be returned" which I don't completely understand the wording lol. But fingers crossed that this works out. It's a white whale of mine and is way OOP with no hope of coming back into print lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I order from MerchNow frequently and their warehouse is in Albany, NY. I work about 3 miles from their warehouse, I drive past it at least 10 times a week when I'm going to the gym, mall, or where ever else I'm going in Albany. I live in Delmar which is a suburb of Albany, shipping begins in Albany, heads to NJ, then to Mass., then back down to Albany. Generally takes about 3 days to get it me. I placed an order for STD's TBC a few weeks ago and had it sent to my job which shares the same zip code as the MN warehouse, figuring that it would cost USPS more money to go NY, NJ, Mass, then back to NY. WRONG, WRONG, still took 3 days to get to me. I get that media mail is the cheapest option but you're literally shipping it 3 miles down the road, makes no sense. Lastly, yes I've called MN several times to see if I could just pick my order and each time I get a different answer i.e. no, because of insurance reason, no because of street dates (which I understand) but let me pick it up the day it comes out. 

i usually hate usps but this is amazing... Shipped first class international, cost me $11 total and was delivered in 4 days

Nice! Yeah, lately international orders have been arriving pretty quickly! Cost is still pretty high, but at least service times are improving. And probably as a result of the cost increases.

180 Gram 12" costs me about $18, even with the Click-N-Ship discount. Actually, I'm really thankful that they've added First Class International at all, it used to be all Priority and Express through Click-N-Ship. 

Were you shipping regular weight 12" or a 7"?

Nice! Yeah, lately international orders have been arriving pretty quickly! Cost is still pretty high, but at least service times are improving. And probably as a result of the cost increases.

180 Gram 12" costs me about $18, even with the Click-N-Ship discount. Actually, I'm really thankful that they've added First Class International at all, it used to be all Priority and Express through Click-N-Ship. 

Were you shipping regular weight 12" or a 7"?

It was only a single 7" less than a pound. I'm just glad first class has tracking now. saves my ass

i usually hate usps but this is amazing... Shipped first class international, cost me $11 total and was delivered in 4 days

rjo2a8.jpg

This is a fluke. Surprised it went to ISC NEW YORK. I'm in Tampa (30 minute drive from Tarpon Springs, FL) and my international stuff all goes to Miami..then to Texas... then sits... then a few weeks later gets sent out.

This is a fluke. Surprised it went to ISC NEW YORK. I'm in Tampa (30 minute drive from Tarpon Springs, FL) and my international stuff all goes to Miami..then to Texas... then sits... then a few weeks later gets sent out.

In all honesty i dont think it actually went to new york. i have shipped a ton of international and not a single one has gone to NY. If you follow the tracking times/dates, the NY and Miami scans are on the same day. Im assuming it was scanned in miami and the main network in NY was notified. at least thats my guess. because the final departed scan from the USA came from miami

I ordered a cable from Monoprice and the tracking took 8 days to actually show anything, which then said it was sent to the wrong city in Florida and there was an "undeliverable as addressed" error. Unfortunately the tracking does not have any info from before it got to the wrong city so I have no idea when/where they fucked up or when I will actually get the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a package shipped and it arrived at a city near I live two days ago. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but it is stuck at "Departed USPS Facility." It should have been through my local post office by now. What do I do? I've tried filing a claim but they say that it is not eligible.

Never thought I'd have to post here...

But so far it's taken 4 days (and counting) for a package shipped priority to travel 2 hours...

I had to ship something priority to Jacksonville (which is north of me) and they had to send it to the hub in Orlando first (which is south of me). Really counter-intuitive..

I had to ship something priority to Jacksonville (which is north of me) and they had to send it to the hub in Orlando first (which is south of me). Really counter-intuitive..

Just saw the tracking from what she sent. Cleveland Ohio to Lexington, KY to Columbus Ohio.

should be here tomorrow...if it doesnt end up in Maine.

First let me start by giving you the benefit of the doubt . Maybe you are not aware or maybe you are kidding, but this type of statement or question is no way to conduct a proper inquiry. It has no place in rational discourse or debate. But I will respond to you nevertheless, it does register in my brain as a matter of a fact. The argument that all postal distribution centers are bad is an ideological and sociological viewpoint upon culture (in this case specifically American culture). The problem with this argument is that it is almost exclusively ideological and barely ever contains substance or a practical application in terms of solving the problem. For example what do you personally propose would be a better system (in exchange for a postal force.)? Surely you are not suggesting erasing the postal force from US soil, and that upon doing so Peace and Love would immediately follow and take care of the rest. Furthermore after you come up with a specific plan: how would you integrate this plan into a stateside system where each state contains different delivery methods that need to be enforced uniquely to that state (without postal service mind you because postal distribution centers are bad and need replacing.) Even further, how would you make this system cohesively enforced (again without the post office) nationally on a federal level. And then finally, what makes you think that in thousands of years of cultures reforming social policy and the use of post offices upon the populous that you can even come up with a system that is full proof? If you do not propose a better system than the USPS network distribution, and continue to wildly claim all postal centers are bad you are only distracting and at the same time intensifying the very problem you most likely want to fix. This is because again, you are not proposing anything better than the current system. You are (at best) recognizing the problem or admitting that a system is broken, but that is all.

First let me start by giving you the benefit of the doubt . Maybe you are not aware or maybe you are kidding, but this type of statement or question is no way to conduct a proper inquiry. It has no place in rational discourse or debate. But I will respond to you nevertheless, it does register in my brain as a matter of a fact. The argument that all postal distribution centers are bad is an ideological and sociological viewpoint upon culture (in this case specifically American culture). The problem with this argument is that it is almost exclusively ideological and barely ever contains substance or a practical application in terms of solving the problem. For example what do you personally propose would be a better system (in exchange for a postal force.)? Surely you are not suggesting erasing the postal force from US soil, and that upon doing so Peace and Love would immediately follow and take care of the rest. Furthermore after you come up with a specific plan: how would you integrate this plan into a stateside system where each state contains different delivery methods that need to be enforced uniquely to that state (without postal service mind you because postal distribution centers are bad and need replacing.) Even further, how would you make this system cohesively enforced (again without the post office) nationally on a federal level. And then finally, what makes you think that in thousands of years of cultures reforming social policy and the use of post offices upon the populous that you can even come up with a system that is full proof? If you do not propose a better system than the USPS network distribution, and continue to wildly claim all postal centers are bad you are only distracting and at the same time intensifying the very problem you most likely want to fix. This is because again, you are not proposing anything better than the current system. You are (at best) recognizing the problem or admitting that a system is broken, but that is all.

Hahahaha :)

Really? That was necessary? Shut up.

• 2 weeks later...