Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

August 15, 2019 
In Transit to Next Facility 
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. 

August 14, 2019, 2:58 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

August 12, 2019, 2:13 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

August 7, 2019, 9:54 pm 
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

August 7, 2019, 8:39 pm 
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility 
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025  

August 6, 2019, 11:39 am 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all in for shitting on USPS sometimes, but I've got a weirdly positive note to add today: I ordered an LP that was handed over to the Post Office in Los Angeles and sent via media mail on 8/22. It's out for delivery today (8/24) in Rhode Island! I don't think something has ever moved this quickly for me. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Just came to post how I hate this time of year with usps. Packages move super slow through system due to volume and long lines at post office due to people being clueless 

My mail straight up didn't come yesterday even though they scanned images through Informed Delivery. The other night they came long after the sun set. I'd imagine the workers are having a horrible time but it makes me wonder what's going on in a small rural town.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a 7" from Dais Records. They shipped it the next day and I definitely trust they got it right. It got to Ewell, NJ and was scanned at arrival. Somehow, the exact same minute, someone scanned it as delivered into a P.O. Box in Delaware. I haven't seen it yet and I don't have a P.O. Box.

I'm currently waiting on Acid Rap by Chance via FedEx, was supposed to be here today but it hasn't updated since it was in NY on Friday the 3rd (I'm in MA) . This is probably the first time I've ever had a record go thru FedEx, hope it gets here this month. 

Edited by pizza face

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone beat this one? Start from the bottom...

January 29, 2020, 7:18 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item departed our USPS facility in SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 29, 2020 at 7:18 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

January 29, 2020, 6:58 am

January 28, 2020, 6:43 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 28, 2020, 9:30 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97202 

January 28, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
PORTLAND, OR 97202 

January 28, 2020, 2:03 am
Arrived at Post Office
PORTLAND, OR 97202 

January 27, 2020

January 26, 2020, 5:15 pm

January 24, 2020, 1:31 pm
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 23, 2020, 8:26 pm
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 20, 2020, 6:08 pm

January 20, 2020, 1:03 am

January 18, 2020, 3:10 am
Departed USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 15, 2020, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 14, 2020, 3:34 am
NEWARK NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 14, 2020, 1:19 am
NEWARK NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 9, 2020, 11:35 pm
Departed USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 9, 2020, 8:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 8, 2020, 12:52 pm
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX 

January 8, 2020, 4:01 am
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX 

January 6, 2020, 9:57 pm
Departed USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

January 6, 2020, 9:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215 

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

imagine if you could get frequent flyer miles for the trip your record took. dying at that route.

Oh, and to top it off...I now have to pay $14.95 to have it 'intercepted' at the post office, so I can inspect if it's even in one piece still, then pay postage AGAIN to have it shipped back out as it was originally supposed to ship.

I've shipped easily 400-600 shipments (mainly comics and records), and never had a real issue with USPS. But this? Give me a fucking break, unreal that you get dry fucked without a reach around. 

• 1 month later...

Kinda specific question and not a gripe. I've ordered a bunch of stuff recently. I THINK this is a package from Australia making its way to Connecticut. It was "accepted" in Carlsbad, CA. Anyone have any experience with this situation. I'm just trying to nail down what each package is.

USPS in possession of item
Accepted

CARLSBAD ,CA
Media Mail--
USPS Tracking®

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, IntoXAnother said:

Have a package that was mailed from Long Island on 4/3.  It arrived in Jersey City, NJ on 4/6.  And since 4/10 it's been "en route"...

I live 5 minutes from the JC post office.   

Lady at my local PO said that everyone at JC hub "Called in sick." This was around that time actually.

31 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Lady at my local PO said that everyone at JC hub "Called in sick." This was around that time actually.

That would do it!  I haven't followed up because, well we all know what the hell is going on.   I'll get the damn thing eventually, that much I know.  

just kidding (very poorly at that)

It'll move eventually. There's been some weird shit. I sold a record CT->MN. It never scanned and then ended up in LA, finally made it. My order from MerchNow in NY (like an hour away?) made its way to Greensboro NC for a few days and finally made it back and is Out for Delivery. 

Same with me.   Ordered some stuff from Boston and Baltimore and both packages were routed through Greensboro as well,.   Guess that's there way of working through this JC situation.  As much as I've bitched about USPS throughout the years, I couldn't imagine the stuff they're going through at the moment.  

15 minutes ago, IntoXAnother said:

Same with me.   Ordered some stuff from Boston and Baltimore and both packages were routed through Greensboro as well,.   Guess that's there way of working through this JC situation.  As much as I've bitched about USPS throughout the years, I couldn't imagine the stuff they're going through at the moment.  

Same. My mail dude is super awesome (like we give him presents around Christmas cool) and I do NOT want them to fail in any way. I'm not paying $12 to get a 7" shipped from California through UPS. I can wait and just hope for the best. I'd rather a record show with bent corners than spend $30 on shipping.

Currently dealing with the East coast’s shittiest distribution center Jersey City, NJ.

April 27, 2020 
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. 

April 23, 2020, 10:32 pm 
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

Record shipped from like 52 minutes away from me in PA and somehow went to this hell hole. I will be SHOCKED if I get this package at this point.