Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:29 PM, ZeroNowhere said:

People complaining about mail delivery during a pandemic can kiss my ass and anyone’s ass out there delivering mail.  It’s so insulting.  Stop being a self entitled twit and realize right now things take longer and may get lost in the insane shuffle of facilities closing.  Get a life.

Amen.

11 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

Just got a record from France that was sent out on 4/24. I'm pretty shocked.

That's amazing in NORMAL circumstances. I had two international orders come through while the White House was still in denial about everything, but haven't attempted since. 

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

I had some jackass leave me negative feedback on ebay because the package I sent out hasn't arrived yet. First negative feedback ever. They bought something on 4/23, I shipped it out 4/25. It's going to California from Massachusetts via media mail. Kinda off topic but does anyone have experience with getting eBay to remove negative feedback? 

1 hour ago, pizza face said:

I had some jackass leave me negative feedback on ebay because the package I sent out hasn't arrived yet. First negative feedback ever. They bought something on 4/23, I shipped it out 4/25. It's going to California from Massachusetts via media mail. Kinda off topic but does anyone have experience with getting eBay to remove negative feedback? 

Yeah I would contact ebay for sure.  That's bullshit.  They're probably looking for ebay to give them a refund.

I've found that about 1 in 10 buyers on ebay are a pain in the ass lately.  I had a guy knowingly buy a bootleg from me, and then complained to ebay that it was a boot and that there was a crease in the jacked.  I sent him a few messages saying he can return it butnever heard back.  I guess ebay issued him a full refund.  Some times it's not even really worth the time with the ebay fees, paypal fees, and dealing with shitty people.  I now take pictures of every step of packing a record

Ahh yeah sorry a little off topic haha

14 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Yeah I would contact ebay for sure.  That's bullshit.  They're probably looking for ebay to give them a refund.

Yeah I'm gonna wait a few days after he gets it to contact eBay. I'm not even gonna bother messaging the buyer because I'll probably call him an impatient asshole or something. My receipt shows it should've been there 5/2 and that's when he left negative feedback. The item I sold was NCAA Football 14 on PS3 for $159.99 (free shipping). I don't think they would issue a refund just on negative feedback, I think they would have to open up a case for that. If they want a refund tho I'd be more than happy to take it back and sell it again. Plus I don't think I'd have to pay return shipping because I offered free shipping. 

Edited by pizza face

6 hours ago, pizza face said:

Yeah I'm gonna wait a few days after he gets it to contact eBay. I'm not even gonna bother messaging the buyer because I'll probably call him an impatient asshole or something. My receipt shows it should've been there 5/2 and that's when he left negative feedback. The item I sold was NCAA Football 14 on PS3 for $159.99 (free shipping). I don't think they would issue a refund just on negative feedback, I think they would have to open up a case for that. If they want a refund tho I'd be more than happy to take it back and sell it again. Plus I don't think I'd have to pay return shipping because I offered free shipping. 

I would live your best life, call eBay on the phone when you have time, and just relay that you believe the feedback is unwarranted and why. If you have extra time and they tell you “no”, hang up and call back a few times until you find someone who gets your situation. In the end, if they still won’t remove it, I’d just offer a good riddance to the whole thing and enjoy seeing the negative feedback fade from the 1 month column to the 6 month column and then, eventually, out of view. eBay and Discogs buyers can drive you wild if you try and meet them in their arena of dumbness. Build up that zen brain for when you get an especially zany one. ✌🏽

For anyone that had their record stuck in Jersey City, how long was it stuck “in transit” until it got to you?

Mine is going on 9 days now but I’m in no rush. It is even Priority so I can’t imagine the wait on Media Mail. 

Had one stuck in Pittsburgh for a week and it’s finally in my state.

Edited by awalkingwounded

22 minutes ago, awalkingwounded said:

For anyone that had their record stuck in Jersey City, how long was it stuck “in transit” until it got to you?

Mine is going on 9 days now but I’m in no rush. It is even Priority so I can’t imagine the wait on Media Mail. 

I've got one in Jersey that hasn't moved in 16 days.

11 hours ago, awalkingwounded said:

I sold a CD on discogs. First it was stuck in Pittsburgh for 9 days. Now it's currently in the Jersey hell for the past week and hasn't moved. Dude messaged me asking if I mind refunding him until he gets his package, and then he'll repay me if and when it gets to him lol. Didn't really know what to say to him. 

2 hours ago, kylet said:

I sold a CD on discogs. First it was stuck in Pittsburgh for 9 days. Now it's currently in the Jersey hell for the past week and hasn't moved. Dude messaged me asking if I mind refunding him until he gets his package, and then he'll repay me if and when it gets to him lol. Didn't really know what to say to him. 

Tell him that you do mind and that you can't refund it. People are getting wild right now lol.

I shipped some vhs tapes to a buddy of mine in NY and it went thru Jersey in a day and this was at the beginning of the week. When I saw the tracking say that I just thought to myself, at least I know him and he isn't gonna be a prick about it if it doesn't show up for another month. But he messaged me saying they got there safe. Hopefully all your packages arrive soon. Shit sucks right now 

3 hours ago, kylet said:

LOL what? I'd almost consider leaving negative buyer feedback over that.

4 hours ago, kylet said:

Tell him to send you $100 and you’ll send back the $100 plus his order total.

17 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Springfield, MA has been a wreck recently, too. My packages usually arrive there 1-2 days before delivery (less than 100 miles from mg house). The last couple that have hit there immediately lose their estimated delivery date. 

Yep. I've noticed this too. Usually if something hits Springfield I get it the next delivery day. Lately it's been a couple of days MOST of the time, but occasionally it's normal. I think the whole system is bogged down with the few closures and it's impacted everyone. Still getting stuff in. 

Weirdest one for me has been a record that has been in between Chicago and (wherever is next) for weeks. Probably a lost cause, but I'm waiting it out.

19 hours ago, awalkingwounded said:

I had a package that got there on 4/6.  It was in transit after that, and I got it on Thursday.  

11 minutes ago, billya said:

I had an item depart Jersey City on April 27th heading to Queens. Listed as "In Transit" since then. Still no other updates.  My buyer is really mad. 

I have a few of those rights now. One was a package my girlfriend sent to my mom for Mother's Day. Was shipped priority, was supposed to be here on Thursday, but hasn't updated past "In Transit" since the Oakland post office accepted it.

And then a couple of records I sold have been the same, they get accepted by the post office, and then never update past "In Transit". I'm actually preemptively messaging buyers asking them to be patient as all the packages are getting held up.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, awalkingwounded said:

Update* Both just got delivered today.
Hope things continue to start turning around for USPS and everyone gets their packages. 

On 5/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, mysundown1305 said:

Not complaint at all,  because I'm in no rush, but I have a few records coming from Canada and I'm in Michigan. Tracking has been

Canada > NY > Opa Locka, FL > Miami, FL > Opa Locka > Miami

Taking bets on it getting sent to Opa Locka a 3rd time 😂

Back in Opa Locka for a third time. Just comical now.

Just got my Vasudeva pre-order LP yesterday. Here was the trek.

May 9, 2020, 6:47 pm
Delivered, Front Door/Porch
BROOKLYN, NY 11209 
Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 6:47 pm on May 9, 2020 in BROOKLYN, NY 11209.

May 9, 2020, 11:38 am
Out for Delivery
BROOKLYN, NY 11209 

May 9, 2020, 11:27 am
Arrived at Post Office
BROOKLYN, NY 11209 

April 19, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

April 15, 2020, 3:57 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 15, 2020, 2:57 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 9, 2020, 5:55 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 8, 2020, 9:11 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 8, 2020, 7:56 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
URBANA, IL 61801 

April 7, 2020, 1:39 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
URBANA, IL 61801 

April 7, 2020, 12:10 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
URBANA, IL 61801 

April 6, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

@GradedOnACurve, gotta admit that Jersey-> Brooklyn traffic is pretty bad. 😂

I could have walked to Illinois and got it faster. I know its a pandemic and people are out of it, but goddamn that was a wait. However, I waited and it came. I'm working from home anyway it just the uncertainty of slow speed of movement vs actually losing/damaging it that worries me.

I know things are pretty whack right now, but this one made me chuckle. Oakland, CA to San Juan, PR to Tampa, FL. They over shot it a bit with this one. This was the priority package I had that was supposed to arrive last week.

May 11, 2020, 10:01 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility 
TAMPA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
Your item arrived at our TAMPA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on May 11, 2020 at 10:01 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

May 10, 2020 
In Transit to Next Facility 

May 9, 2020, 6:27 pm 
SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 9, 2020, 2:27 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 9, 2020, 2:01 am 
CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 9, 2020, 12:00 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 4, 2020, 7:56 pm 
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility 
OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 4, 2020, 7:55 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

May 4, 2020, 5:04 pm 
USPS in possession of item 
OAKLAND, CA 94610  

Curious if anyone has had a package not update tracking and then show up? I won an auction on eBay about 2 weeks ago and it's only said label created the whole time.

The seller said he'll refund if it doesn't show up, but he dropped it off along with another record and that one made it fine. I'm wondering if maybe the auction just didn't sell for as high as he hoped and that's his way of getting out of the sale? Just seems odd to me.