Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Never from that stage. I've had things get scanned as "Arrived" at the regional hub and then get received the same day (which means they weren't scanned when they left there, when they arrived at my town's PO, or when they left for delivery) fairly regularly (maybe 2-3 times a month), but never all the way from destination to delivery. In two weeks I assume it would've been scanned somewhere.

4 hours ago, mysundown1305 said:

Curious if anyone has had a package not update tracking and then show up? I won an auction on eBay about 2 weeks ago and it's only said label created the whole time.

The seller said he'll refund if it doesn't show up, but he dropped it off along with another record and that one made it fine. I'm wondering if maybe the auction just didn't sell for as high as he hoped and that's his way of getting out of the sale? Just seems odd to me.

I've had 2 packages go out unscanned until they neared the destination. I've had one incoming that didn't scan/ move for 2 weeks. 

I don't really know what that's about.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, pizza face said:

Tell him that you do mind and that you can't refund it. People are getting wild right now lol.

Funniest part is, the CD was like 3 bucks. Dude paid more in shipping lol. 

It’s just some old beat up AFI CD. With all this downtime I’ve been selling off some CDs I’ve rebought on vinyl over the years.

The dude isn’t being rude or anything. He has like 5 feedback. I honestly just think he’s a new comer and doesn’t really get it. 

Edited by kylet

On 5/7/2020 at 6:02 PM, pizza face said:

I had some jackass leave me negative feedback on ebay because the package I sent out hasn't arrived yet. First negative feedback ever. They bought something on 4/23, I shipped it out 4/25. It's going to California from Massachusetts via media mail. Kinda off topic but does anyone have experience with getting eBay to remove negative feedback? 

As far as getting the feedback removed, unless you can convince the buyer to reverse it, you’re fucked. eBay honors the buyers opinion  regardless of how idiotic it actually is. 

I sold off my funko collection a few months ago. Some of them were pretty valuable, $75-$100 bucks. Someone claimed one of them was a fake (I guess China makes some shitty bootlegs of the valuable ones, this was news to me). Left me negative feedback without even contacting me first. I messaged him explaining it’s not, going as far as digging up my receipt from an old email from 6 years ago. Dude would not be convinced. I called eBay and fought it tooth and nail. They basically said that’s the buyers opinion and he has the right to leave negative feedback.

I came to terms with it and went on with my life. Months later he messages me apologizing saying he took it to a professional collector and he confirmed it was indeed not a fake lol. And then he removed the feedback.

People are fuckin clowns. As for the refund, you’re correct. He would have to file a claim and then it’s for eBay/PayPal to decide. And delayed shipping (even though you really weren’t that late) is not enough for him to get a refund. So don’t sweat that. 

25 minutes ago, kylet said:

I came to terms with it and went on with my life. Months later he messages me apologizing saying he took it to a professional collector and he confirmed it was indeed not a fake lol. And then he removed the feedback.

I feel like this could be a great premise for a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

1 hour ago, jerseypride said:

I feel like this could be a great premise for a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

Lol. I’ve never seen that show before.

I did put a test press out once with a guy from that show though. I worked with a band who loved it. This guy is from curb your enthusiasm right?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Tired-And-True-Haunts/release/9521720

2 hours ago, kylet said:

As far as getting the feedback removed, unless you can convince the buyer to reverse it, you’re fucked. eBay honors the buyers opinion  regardless of how idiotic it actually is. 

Not the case. Sellers can appeal feedback now, and you can put that it was an extenuating circumstance. eBay will remove it if you say that it was in transit longer because of a pandemic, but you still shipped it within your handling time.

9 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I've had 2 packages go out unscanned until they neared the destination. I've had one incoming that didn't scan/ move for 2 weeks. 

I don't really know what that's about.

Yeah i think this is getting fairly common now. I had 2 packages sent to me from different parts of cali a little over a week ago and neither of them ever even showed acceptance scans, just "label created, awaiting item". Then today they just got scanned into Detroit. So i should have them tomorrow. I also shipped a fairly expensive poster to someone in Oregon 10 days ago via Priority mail and it has nothing other than a vague "package in transit to destination" posted 5 days ago.  I assume most stuff will make it fine but don't count on tracking being very good for a while, and definitely expect it to take 2x as long as usual for cross country stuff.

1 hour ago, billya said:

Not the case. Sellers can appeal feedback now, and you can put that it was an extenuating circumstance. eBay will remove it if you say that it was in transit longer because of a pandemic, but you still shipped it within your handling time.

Idk man. That definitely wasn’t the case with me back in January. I called eBay 3-4 times spending a collected few hours talking with different reps and their managers trying to plead my case. I wasn’t getting anywhere. It was infuriating because the buyer was making wild accusations that were completely untrue and ruining my otherwise perfect feedback. eBay just kept circling back to that’s the buyers opinion of the sale and there nothing they can do to remove it because the feedback didn’t break any policies they have towards things you aren’t allowed to say (racism, vulgarity, etc).

9 minutes ago, kylet said:

Idk man. That definitely wasn’t the case with me back in January. I called eBay 3-4 times spending a collected few hours talking with different reps and their managers trying to plead my case. I wasn’t getting anywhere. It was infuriating because the buyer was making wild accusations that were completely untrue and ruining my otherwise perfect feedback. eBay just kept circling back to that’s the buyers opinion of the sale and there nothing they can do to remove it because the feedback didn’t break any policies they have towards things you aren’t allowed to say (racism, vulgarity, etc).

It worked for me two days ago. eBay has a page on seller protection during the pandemic, and it highlights shipping delays. I'm not sure how easy it is to beat an INAD/counterfeit claim, but if it's feedback based on shipping it's pretty easy.

35 minutes ago, billya said:

It worked for me two days ago. eBay has a page on seller protection during the pandemic, and it highlights shipping delays. I'm not sure how easy it is to beat an INAD/counterfeit claim, but if it's feedback based on shipping it's pretty easy.

Well good for eBay for setting that up. Bout time they stand up for the sellers a little. They probably got soooo many similar cases of sellers getting poor feedback due to the pandemic slowing things up. So they had to do something. 

I have to admit, since March I've been selling a lot of LP's and everybody's been super cool with no complaints. Some people have even messaged me to thank me for selling and getting the records shipped quick with everything that's going on. I checked my history on stamps.com and looks like several are still in transit but only 1 person has even messaged me about a late record since 3/18. I've also had very little trouble on eBay. I think I got screwed on a chargeback or 2 a few years ago but seems like that scam has been cleaned up. Just recently someone said they never received an item I sold to them on eBay (no message or anything just filed a complaint with paypal) but I uploaded the tracking information and the case was ruled in my favor.

22 hours ago, fish said:

Yeah i think this is getting fairly common now. I had 2 packages sent to me from different parts of cali a little over a week ago and neither of them ever even showed acceptance scans, just "label created, awaiting item". Then today they just got scanned into Detroit. So i should have them tomorrow. I also shipped a fairly expensive poster to someone in Oregon 10 days ago via Priority mail and it has nothing other than a vague "package in transit to destination" posted 5 days ago.  I assume most stuff will make it fine but don't count on tracking being very good for a while, and definitely expect it to take 2x as long as usual for cross country stuff.

This gives me a little hope, thanks! I'm actually in the Detroit area

1 hour ago, mysundown1305 said:

This gives me a little hope, thanks! I'm actually in the Detroit area

The guy at my post office in Ann Arbor told me that they typically have around 30 employees there, and he said only 5 or so have been working for the past month+. And he swears he's not exaggerating. It also sounds like there are trucks full of mail at the Detroit distribution center just backed up. Plus they aren't scanning a good percentage of it even when it processes. It's a gigantic mess.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:44 PM, mysundown1305 said:

Curious if anyone has had a package not update tracking and then show up? I won an auction on eBay about 2 weeks ago and it's only said label created the whole time.

The seller said he'll refund if it doesn't show up, but he dropped it off along with another record and that one made it fine. I'm wondering if maybe the auction just didn't sell for as high as he hoped and that's his way of getting out of the sale? Just seems odd to me.

If I drop mail in a mailbox here it generally doesn't get scanned for ~5 days until it gets to LA distribution. I've also had a package make it all the way to Florida without ever getting scanned.

42 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Thanks to these distribution centers I've been getting away with shipping to the UK paying only mail rates opposed to package rates lol, I guess they're not checking the label type or something, but typically I was paying $12 an item now only $4 including tracking and insurance.

that is really awesome how you figured out a way to cheat the USPS! definite good vibes coming your way. 

37 minutes ago, jrodan said:

that is really awesome how you figured out a way to cheat the USPS! definite good vibes coming your way. 

Totally by accident haha, I bought a shipping label on PayPal and didn't realize I didn't click 'package'. By the time I noticed I had already taped it on a mailer and figured, "Screw it, if they return it I'll cancel this label and get a new one." They're usually pretty quick about that anyways (weight being off by 1oz lol), like next day rerun. I kept my eye on the tracking and it kept moving lol. Tried it again on purpose and got the same results. I'm sure they'll catch on eventually (it's the federal government after all) but I'm gonna take advantage of it while I can. 

4 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Totally by accident haha, I bought a shipping label on PayPal and didn't realize I didn't click 'package'. By the time I noticed I had already taped it on a mailer and figured, "Screw it, if they return it I'll cancel this label and get a new one." They're usually pretty quick about that anyways (weight being off by 1oz lol), like next day rerun. I kept my eye on the tracking and it kept moving lol. Tried it again on purpose and got the same results. I'm sure they'll catch on eventually (it's the federal government after all) but I'm gonna take advantage of it while I can. 

perhaps the optics of taking advantage of a program that is in the news for being on the cusp of being shutdown aren't that great. i have personally been buying stamps and packing materials at my local p.o. because i dont want to lose the service. maybe watch this and see if it makes you feel like you should maybe reconsider your "sticking it to the federal government" mentality.