Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

9 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Totally by accident haha, I bought a shipping label on PayPal and didn't realize I didn't click 'package'. By the time I noticed I had already taped it on a mailer and figured, "Screw it, if they return it I'll cancel this label and get a new one." They're usually pretty quick about that anyways (weight being off by 1oz lol), like next day rerun. I kept my eye on the tracking and it kept moving lol. Tried it again on purpose and got the same results. I'm sure they'll catch on eventually (it's the federal government after all) but I'm gonna take advantage of it while I can. 

That is super not cool.

nothing better than a flagrant asshole. thanks for showing the kind of person you are. you a jimmy eat world fan? you should listen to the song integrity blues. the following lines seem appropriate.

But a fool just wants and wants and wants and wants
It's all what you do when no one is there
It's all what you do when no one cares

So the US goverment forces businesses to close, which takes a toll on transportation, I take advantage of a small loop hole saving less than $20 shipping items from my own business which has also been impacted, and I'm the asshole? OK, sound logic my dude ahahaha. When I get to hell for my sins I'll be sure to reflect on this exact message board moral grandstanding knowing that I could've been a living saint who single handily stopped hundreds of goverment employees going into poverty and chose not to. 🙄

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

So the US goverment forces businesses to close, which takes a toll on transportation, I take advantage of a small loop hole saving less than $20 shipping items from my own business which has also been impacted, and I'm the asshole? OK, sound logic my dude ahahaha. When I get to hell for my sins I'll be sure to reflect on this exact message board moral grandstanding knowing that I could've been a living saint who single handily put hundreds of goverment employees into poverty and chose not to. 🙄

your first sentence about the toll on transportation totally lost me. also, i never said you were single-handedly doing anything. we clearly just have different integrity levels. that is fine. you'll sleep well tonight regardless, so i shouldn't have even said anything. thanks for showing me the way.

6 minutes ago, jrodan said:

your first sentence about the toll on transportation totally lost me. also, i never said you were single-handedly doing anything. we clearly just have different integrity levels. that is fine. you'll sleep well tonight regardless, so i shouldn't have even said anything. thanks for showing me the way.

The funny thing is, I'm an "essential worker" in the transportation industry. I've probably single handily done more to keep products moving across the country than you have (also the packages I shipped were giveaway & replacement items) 😄

But hey, if this interaction gives you a false sense of superiority then by all means, bask away.  You can have whatever opinion about my integrity you want. Not sure how I'm an asshole, but ok, since we're quoting songs the great Samiam once said...

"If you say so...."

Hugs and kisses brother, hugs and kisses. 

While I 100% agree with @jrodan and wouldn't do what you did, I understand why you did it. If I ran a business of any kind, I'd look for every way to save some $. Unfortunately the USPS can't make "profits" or anything of the sort and are in a kind of stranglehold. If they had to cut delivery to a few days a week, I'd be alright I guess, but I'd really like to maintain the status quo. So, I've been trying to buy and sell as much as I can/ want.  @Shitty Rambo

If we still had downvotes, I wouldn't downvote anyone over this, but I do think that we'd all be broke as fuck without the USPS. Ever tried to ship a record with UPS? Fucking costly.

17 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

And for clarification, businesses that can't function because of a lack of product or failure to deliver + stay lucrative has everything to do with transportation. I don't know if you know this or not, but the products sold at your local grocery store aren't made in the back of the store lol

What possible source could you have for this in regard to the USPS? There are a number of things burdening the USPS before logistics come in to play.  (Pensions, etc)

You know mail fraud is a federal offense, right? The irony of you having no problem joking about committing it is not lost on me, considering you have a history of wielding of moderator status on a message board,

1 hour ago, Matt Danish said:

That is super not cool.

😂😂😂😂😂 dont even get me started. SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS! or whatever tag line  it is these days. 

Everyone is out to make an extra buck when they can. Get over it. Everyone fucks someone. 

Keep doin your shit @Shitty Rambo 

1 minute ago, billya said:

What possible source could you have for this in regard to the USPS? There are a number of things burdening the USPS before logistics come in to play.  (Pensions, etc)

You know mail fraud is a federal offense, right? The irony of you having no problem joking about committing it is not lost on me, considering you have a history of wielding of moderator status on a message board,

Bro, you guys dog me for anything and everything so it's kinda on me for not seeing this coming lol

Imagine me getting a knock on my door by the feds over $16 lol. You never know with them though, they like to get violent when I comes to to their funds. 

20 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I don't know if you know this or not, but you continuing to justify why you're right and what you did is ok will never be right or ok.  You came onto a message board and admitted beating a service out of making money several times with the mindset that you'll keep doing it until you get caught.  If that doesn't label you as a fucking stupid asshole, I'm not sure what it takes.  LOL.  But, you're a saint and have kept us all alive with your sainthood, so you be you.  

Lifehacks baby! And you're welcome. 

20 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

While I 100% agree with @jrodan and wouldn't do what you did, I understand why you did it. If I ran a business of any kind, I'd look for every way to save some $. Unfortunately the USPS can't make "profits" or anything of the sort and are in a kind of stranglehold. If they had to cut delivery to a few days a week, I'd be alright I guess, but I'd really like to maintain the status quo. So, I've been trying to buy and sell as much as I can/ want.  @Shitty Rambo

If we still had downvotes, I wouldn't downvote anyone over this, but I do think that we'd all be broke as fuck without the USPS. Ever tried to ship a record with UPS? Fucking costly.

Ridiculously costly! And for the record I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. I'm actually pretty surprised people are calling me names/are this upset over it but it is what it is. I genuinely think the lockdown is hurting more people than it's helping, but I'm sure that's an evil position for me to have as well so I'll just exit the discussion entirely.

Essential worker in the streets, anarchist in sheets, or something. 

1 minute ago, billya said:

That was a legitimate question. I'd love to hear where you saw that transportation is the thing that's doing the USPS in. 

Supply and demand, halted production causing shortages. People are having a hard time finding things they actually need because they're simply not being produced. Transportation companies lose business because they don't have any products to move.

Just now, Shitty Rambo said:

Supply and demand, halted production causing shortages. People are having a hard time finding things they actually need because they're simply not being produced. Transportation companies lose business because they don't have any products to move.

How does that pertain to the USPS? The USPS has had financial issues for years leading up to the pandemic. Even with millions of letters and packages (even ones with the proper rate being paid) being mailed each year.

People have found themselves in trouble for using plastic bins that are the property of the USPS. Repeatedly being dishonest about package classification and bragging about it online could definitely land you in hot water. 

2 minutes ago, billya said:

How does that pertain to the USPS? The USPS has had financial issues for years leading up to the pandemic. Even with millions of letters and packages (even ones with the proper rate being paid) being mailed each year.

People have found themselves in trouble for using plastic bins that are the property of the USPS. Repeatedly being dishonest about package classification and bragging about it online could definitely land you in hot water. 

Well, I certainly hope nobody ITT is on the jury! 

young-business-man-pulling-his-collar-85

2 minutes ago, Satan said:

Seriously guys? I mean fucking  really? Go take a walk and get outta the house.  Go fuck your lady/dude/whomever. 

This is the most ridiculous argument I've read in a while. 

Agreed. Arguing over the internet gets you nowhere. It's definitely entertaining to read but c'mon we're all adults here, there's no need for arguments like this.

1 minute ago, Satan said:

Seriously guys? I mean fucking  really? Go take a walk and get outta the house.  Go fuck your lady/dude/whomever. 

This is the most ridiculous argument I've read in a while. 

Everyone's bored, my i n a p p r o p r i a t e behavior has been the most exciting thing to happen to these boards months. BTW I'm counting on you to help my family out when I'm thrown into Guantamo for stealing $16 for the US goverment, ya know, the same guys who do it all of our pay checks every two weeks via the threat of violence and caused this impending recession. 

Pray for me @Satan!

16 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Everyone's bored, my i n a p p r o p r i a t e behavior has been the most exciting thing to happen to these boards months. BTW I'm counting on you to help my family out when I'm thrown into Guantamo for stealing $16 for the US goverment, ya know, the same guys who do it all of our pay checks every two weeks via the threat of violence and caused this impending recession. 

Pray for me @Satan!

Can I get a margarita?

Look, we've all said some things out of anger, and I know I should let sleeping dogs lie, but this needs to be said...

It was actually 1 package that went overseas to, Sutton Coldfield, WM, the other went to Kissimmee, FL (which is a very arousing name for a town, dare I say). 

Boy is my face red!

So it was $8 USD I didn't pay the federal postal service. Good thing I kept these receipts, they're really going to help me in court.

😇

Anywho...turns out this thing just got scanned for the first time, at the hub near me, 16 days later 😂

May 13, 2020, 8:19 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on May 13, 2020 at 8:19 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 27, 2020, 12:38 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
EAST ISLIP, NY 11730 

April 27, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

I don't even care about the time, I'm just super glad my the record didn't get lost. I'd been trying to track a copy down for weeks