Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

19 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

So the US goverment forces businesses to close, which takes a toll on transportation, I take advantage of a small loop hole saving less than $20 shipping items from my own business which has also been impacted, and I'm the asshole? OK, sound logic my dude ahahaha. When I get to hell for my sins I'll be sure to reflect on this exact message board moral grandstanding knowing that I could've been a living saint who single handily stopped hundreds of goverment employees going into poverty and chose not to. 🙄

I mean didn't somebody pay you the $20 for shipping? Did you refund them since it cost less?

20 hours ago, jrodan said:

perhaps the optics of taking advantage of a program that is in the news for being on the cusp of being shutdown aren't that great. i have personally been buying stamps and packing materials at my local p.o. because i dont want to lose the service. maybe watch this and see if it makes you feel like you should maybe reconsider your "sticking it to the federal government" mentality.

While I definitely want USPS to survive because god forbid mail had to be sent FedEx or UPS, they're certainly not trying to help themselves. Their employees certainly don't seem worried that they're potentially going out of business as they're all still lazy as fuck. Went to drop something off this weekend and the door was locked because "there were too many people inside" so they were "closed" instead of a "hey there's too many people inside so do you mind lining up outside and coming in when someone leaves?" Also, we have a long line inside so instead of helping customers and moving through this line faster, I'm going to stand at the door and unlock/lock it for every person that leaves. I could really tell they needed my money.

I also prepay, but I take stuff in to get scanned since if I don't it takes about a week to reach a distribution center that will actually scan it and I'd like some sort of record that I mailed the package and USPS has it. If one of these other employees did their job and scanned packages they took out of mailboxes, or at one of the closer distribution centers I wouldn't even have to go inside. It's like a competition to see who can be the laziest when it comes to USPS employees.

56 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

While I definitely want USPS to survive because god forbid mail had to be sent FedEx or UPS, they're certainly not trying to help themselves. Their employees certainly don't seem worried that they're potentially going out of business as they're all still lazy as fuck. Went to drop something off this weekend and the door was locked because "there were too many people inside" so they were "closed" instead of a "hey there's too many people inside so do you mind lining up outside and coming in when someone leaves?" Also, we have a long line inside so instead of helping customers and moving through this line faster, I'm going to stand at the door and unlock/lock it for every person that leaves. I could really tell they needed my money.

I also prepay, but I take stuff in to get scanned since if I don't it takes about a week to reach a distribution center that will actually scan it and I'd like some sort of record that I mailed the package and USPS has it. If one of these other employees did their job and scanned packages they took out of mailboxes, or at one of the closer distribution centers I wouldn't even have to go inside. It's like a competition to see who can be the laziest when it comes to USPS employees.

i can appreciate your perspective while still understanding that two wrongs don't make a right, and that using any anecdotal experiences and extrapolating that across the entire USPS doesn't really make much sense. alas, this topic has been beaten to death, and no one seems to be changing their opinion. so everyone just keep doing you and who cares what i think. i try to live my life under the theme of "do no harm" and it works for me.

3 minutes ago, jrodan said:

i can appreciate your perspective while still understanding that two wrongs don't make a right, and that using any anecdotal experiences and extrapolating that across the entire USPS doesn't really make much sense. alas, this topic has been beaten to death, and no one seems to be changing their opinion. so everyone just keep doing you and who cares what i think. i try to live my life under the theme of "do no harm" and it works for me.

I think generally speaking we think of lazy employees as the bad apple outcasts, but when it comes to USPS the outcasts are the ones that are actually happy and helpful. I can't count the number of times I've been to a post office with a line and an employee in plain view either playing on their phone or bullshitting. You would think that when your company is in jeopardy of going out of business you might try to help customers so your company makes money rather than say...locking the door and saying you're closed.

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I mean didn't somebody pay you the $20 for shipping? Did you refund them since it cost less?

I already mentioned it was a giveaway item, then other one was replacement for an item good ol' USPS destroyed in transit lol. I only use PayPal shipping for 'outside of business' stuff, my shop platform offers a built in system that is much simpler (and cheaper, and you guys know how much I like to save money where I can lol).

So no, these were expenses out of my own pocket anyway :D

15 minutes ago, endlessslog said:

The only thing is that if it does get caught elsewhere, it will be the recipients who have to pay the missing postage. I can tell you in my smaller office, the clerks would undoubtedly catch it. In a bigger, understaffed office,  they might not care 

I don't think this is the case any longer. If postage is generated online they will go back to the shipper's account and charge the overage if they have payment info on file.

26 minutes ago, endlessslog said:

*accidental quote*

29 minutes ago, endlessslog said:

The only thing is that if it does get caught elsewhere, it will be the recipients who have to pay the missing postage. I can tell you in my smaller office, the clerks would undoubtedly catch it. In a bigger, understaffed office,  they might not care 

If that were the case I'd just shoot them a refund over Venmo or PayPal. This whole thing never had anything to do with the individual on the receiving end, it had to do with me not voluntarily giving the federal government's postal service $8 on a fluke lol

18 minutes ago, redroom said:

So I got 2 packages that are shipped with USPS and one hasn't updated since 03/30 and the other one since 04/14.

Both say they are on it's way to it's destination (I'm from Belgium) and for both the last update is from Chicago. 

Are there big problems in Chicago? 

Definitely some slow downs there. I had a record hang out in Chicago for a couple of weeks before it moved. It arrived in great shape, so it's not like it was moving around. It was literally just sitting (probably). I've also had things just zoom right through. It's hit or miss I guess.

18 minutes ago, redroom said:

So I got 2 packages that are shipped with USPS and one hasn't updated since 03/30 and the other one since 04/14.

Both say they are on it's way to it's destination (I'm from Belgium) and for both the last update is from Chicago. 

Are there big problems in Chicago? 

On March 3rd I shipped a package via First Class International from my hometown Chicago and the tracking showed delivered exactly two weeks later on the 17th in Belgium. 

However since that time, a lot of packages that I have shipped to EU countries have spent a lot of time in transit and are taking 20-30 business days to deliver. There was a significant slowdown of the mail network in our city in April.

All that considered I have yet to lose a package so if I were you I would just hang on and be patient! Good luck

Does anyone have any insight into packages coming from Australia to the United States? I know there are significant delays coming from there, especially considering the distance, decrease of flights, etc. I had something shipped out at the very end of March and unfortunately I do not have any tracking for the item. I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait and/or give up hope it will ever arrive. 

12 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Does anyone have any insight into packages coming from Australia to the United States? I know there are significant delays coming from there, especially considering the distance, decrease of flights, etc. I had something shipped out at the very end of March and unfortunately I do not have any tracking for the item. I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait and/or give up hope it will ever arrive. 

Ordered a 7" on the 19th and it arrived to Connecticut (halfway around the world) by the 31st. I know that's a little early in the pandemic timeline, but I was still surprised.

Not music related but I had a video game go missing for about a month and a half.

I ordered a game from eBay on a Friday and I was scheduled to receive the game the following Monday March 2nd. Well the day comes and I got my mail that day -no game- later that night I got an eBay App Update Ding stating the game was delivered. The tracking number showed delivered and all. I went back out a checked the mail and nothing. So I chalked it up to wrongly delivered or stolen. I waited a few days to report the missing game to the post office and they said they would keep an eye out. But in the end I was never getting it, or so I thought.  

Then in April, I think it was like the 20th, I got a package in the mail I wasn't expecting and lo and behold it's the game. 

I don't know what happened but a month and a half later I got the game. 

A few things I've been waiting for:

UK -> US: Shipped April 17, yet to arrive

US -> Germany: Shipped April 8, been stuck in Frankfurt since April 17. Is it normal for shipments to Germany to take forever to go through customs (pre-COVID)?

Also anyone have any recent experience getting shipments from Canada? I shipped some CDs to Winnipeg and that managed to get there in just under 2 weeks so hopefully it's not as bad going the other way.

I think I give up on this one ever getting to me. Again I should state that I understand how this is impacting the postal service but this package went to the black hole that is Jersey City right now when it did not need to and is well out of its way of getting to me. That is the source of my frustration.

April 27, 2020 
In Transit to Next Facility 
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. 

April 23, 2020, 10:32 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 22, 2020, 5:51 pm 
Departed Post Office 
SOUTHEASTERN, PA 19399  

April 22, 2020, 5:32 pm 
USPS in possession of item 
SOUTHEASTERN, PA 19399  

April 22, 2020, 2:50 pm 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
PAOLI, PA 19301

1 hour ago, KaitouG said:

A few things I've been waiting for:

UK -> US: Shipped April 17, yet to arrive

US -> Germany: Shipped April 8, been stuck in Frankfurt since April 17. Is it normal for shipments to Germany to take forever to go through customs (pre-COVID)?

Also anyone have any recent experience getting shipments from Canada? I shipped some CDs to Winnipeg and that managed to get there in just under 2 weeks so hopefully it's not as bad going the other way.

I’ve sent two packages from NS, Canada to the US in early April (FL and CA) that took 7-8 days. One more to CA in early May that took 7 days. And one to Germany in early May that took 6 days. Absolutely no change in delivery times from normal situations. 
On the other hand, I’m waiting on records I ordered from the UK eight weeks ago. And the PUSA is off the map as well. 
Fuck I hate this. 

So I was expecting a record from amazon today.  Got a small box and was confused.... They stuffed the record in diagonally with nothing else.  Surprisingly, it was extremely damaged.  I contacted amazon and spoke to someone on chat.  The customer service rep told me a third party fulfulled it and they would refund me and just to keep or donate the item.  Now I see a "return requested" by amazon for the item.  Do I need to return the item?  Normally I would, but the amount of fucks they gave about stuffing a record into a box is about as many as I have about them recieving their thrashed product back. Thoughs?

Have photos, but can't paste them apparently

26 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

So I was expecting a record from amazon today.  Got a small box and was confused.... They stuffed the record in diagonally with nothing else.  Surprisingly, it was extremely damaged.  I contacted amazon and spoke to someone on chat.  The customer service rep told me a third party fulfulled it and they would refund me and just to keep or donate the item.  Now I see a "return requested" by amazon for the item.  Do I need to return the item?  Normally I would, but the amount of fucks they gave about stuffing a record into a box is about as many as I have about them recieving their thrashed product back. Thoughs?

Have photos, but can't paste them apparently

This has happened to me before, just go on the chat again and tell them you weren't told to return it and can't because you already got rid of it.

4 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Just an update for anyone who may be in a similar situation, I finally received my order from Australia to the USA yesterday (was shipped at the very end of March). I was told they have moved a lot of shipping from air to boat so that is causing delays.

Question for you. I have a record coming from Australia and the last tracking update in the Australian Post website was "Cleared and awaiting international departure" on May 17th. Did your tracking ever update to anything like departed or did you have something similar? I'm assuming mine is on its way even though it doesn't show it

22 minutes ago, mysundown1305 said:

Question for you. I have a record coming from Australia and the last tracking update in the Australian Post website was "Cleared and awaiting international departure" on May 17th. Did your tracking ever update to anything like departed or did you have something similar? I'm assuming mine is on its way even though it doesn't show it

You guys had TRACKING?