Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Just now, thenameisluigi said:

Sold a record last month, shipped out in a normal record mailer, and they received it bent almost in half stuffed in their mailbox... 😡

I received a record like that yesterday. My regular postal worker was usually here all the time, but I've noticed that she is now on this route only a few times a week since the shelter in place began. It's a bummer because she was/is the best!

11 hours ago, mysundown1305 said:

I live in the Detroit metro and my packages usually get to Detroit, then Pontiac, then to my post office. I was able to snag a record I had been looking for for years about a month ago, shipping from LA. It arrived I. Detroit 2 weeks ago, then all of the sudden yesterday it's in Missouri. Wtf. All of the extra moving around makes me nervous for potential damage on an almost impossible to find record.

I’m in Metro Detroit too. Every record I’ve ordered the last few months has spent at least a week in the Detroit Distro center. Then it will bounce to Allen Park or Romulus or Pontiac for another few days. It’s really weird. 

One I’m still waiting on from late May sat in New Jersey for a week, then went to St. Louis, then Memphis for another week. Knowing it’ll sit at the Detroit center for a week, I’m hopeful to have it by the 4th of July. 

22 hours ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

I received a record like that yesterday. My regular postal worker was usually here all the time, but I've noticed that she is now on this route only a few times a week since the shelter in place began. It's a bummer because she was/is the best!

Yup, I can always tell when it's not the regular person on my route. We have like a gate right before a screen door and like a little entrance area in front of the actual door. She'll always leave packages next to the front door, where you can't see them from the street, and they're protected from the sun/rain (FL, rains all the time in the summer). When it's not her, they will leave packages in the spokes of the gate, in the sun and exposed to the rain. Annoying as fuck.

20 hours ago, aopps42 said:

I’m in Metro Detroit too. Every record I’ve ordered the last few months has spent at least a week in the Detroit Distro center. Then it will bounce to Allen Park or Romulus or Pontiac for another few days. It’s really weird. 

One I’m still waiting on from late May sat in New Jersey for a week, then went to St. Louis, then Memphis for another week. Knowing it’ll sit at the Detroit center for a week, I’m hopeful to have it by the 4th of July. 

I also live in Metro Detroit and had a package sent from Seattle go through Pittsburgh (normal) to Detroit (normal) and then Missouri after a delay (not normal).  It eventually went to the Pontiac sort facility and left 5 days ago in transit (theoretically) to my Post Office or maybe just another unrelated state.  I can wait because things will work out but definitely had a few buyers ask for updates because tracking is wonky.

Last week I received two packages that took a month to get to me from various places in the country. This evening I just check the tracking on something that finally was updated after a month in Jersey City. Assuming it gets to me in the next day or so, it will have taken six weeks from the middle of the country. Unreal!  I also bought a record from someone on ebay that got lost in the JCDC Void, so I contacted the seller, he contacted the PO, my local PO manager called me about it earlier this month, but still no record. When I look up the tracking it says the case was opened on the 3rd, but then closed on the 4th, but still no item. Makes me think that one is just gone. Again, not mad about this, but man it's perplexing!

EDIT: Just double checked the missing for six weeks tracking # against the ebay closed case number and they are the same, so there is that. Impressive!

Edited by danyc

The saga continues...... lol back to Detroit.....

June 18, 2020, 11:08 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on June 18, 2020 at 11:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 16, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

June 12, 2020, 12:49 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 4, 2020, 10:13 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 23, 2020, 2:16 am
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

On 6/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, MtrCtyWx said:

I also live in Metro Detroit and had a package sent from Seattle go through Pittsburgh (normal) to Detroit (normal) and then Missouri after a delay (not normal).  It eventually went to the Pontiac sort facility and left 5 days ago in transit (theoretically) to my Post Office or maybe just another unrelated state.  I can wait because things will work out but definitely had a few buyers ask for updates because tracking is wonky.

They HAVE to be routing things to St. Louis on purpose. That's three of us that have had the same exact thing happen. Gets to destination Detroit and then goes to Missouri only to come back here. It's too specific to be an accident.

Mine arrived back in Detroit 5 days ago and has been in transit since...hopefully to Pontiac and not back to St. Louis or I'm not gonna be happy. It only took 11 days to go from LA to Detroit, but it's now been almost a full 4 weeks since it got to Detroit the first time. I'm patient, but that's unacceptable, even in these crazy times.

I love when USPS sends packages from 5 minutes down the street to the LA distribution center and then back to the SF distribution center. It's also impressive that something accepted at 9:45 AM in SF was in LA 11 AM

June 24, 2020, 11:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item departed our USPS facility in SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 24, 2020 at 11:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 23, 2020

June 22, 2020, 10:00 am
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 21, 2020, 11:19 pm
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 21, 2020, 10:59 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 21, 2020, 9:44 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124 

On 6/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, MtrCtyWx said:

Yeah, I’m still waiting on the one I mentioned from 5/23, no updates in a week. Just sitting in a sort facility probably getting warped af. 

Probably not the worst but it took roughly 20 days for a couple of records to travel from upstate New York to Jersey.

It’s still got a ways to go before it reaches me here in LA but I’m relieved at least to finally see another update:

June 25, 2020, 2:40 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
Your item arrived at our JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on June 25, 2020 at 2:40 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

June 9, 2020 

June 5, 2020, 5:03 pm 
Departed Post Office 
STONE RIDGE, NY 12484  

June 5, 2020, 3:43 pm 
USPS in possession of item 
STONE RIDGE, NY 12484  

June 5, 2020, 12:16 pm 
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 
STONE RIDGE, NY 12484  

17 hours ago, awalkingwounded said:

Have you tried the “Where Is My Package?” trace feature? 

I did this today for the first time. My package that hadn't moved for a week (it said it was in-transit a week which isn't a real thing) then moved less than 24 hours later. Maybe a coincidence but I'm happy it moved.

6 hours ago, aopps42 said:

No I’m not familiar with that, is it different from USPS’ tracking log?

https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

Be as detailed as you can. You should get either an email/call within 24hrs from your local branch looking into it with more info than what tracking provides. Anytime I’ve done this, I usually receive package within a few days—could be coincidental but my packages seem to start moving again.

Had a weird thing happen, not necessarily vinyl related but figured this is where to ask: so earlier this week I had two items show up in my package tracker of my USPS account. My wife had ordered some candles, so I figured one of them was that, but the others were probably just subscription boxes of some kind. Been following them every few days and today I noticed they're both out for delivery. The thing is: one is out for delivery in my town (in Rhode Island) and the other is out for delivery in Waterloo, Iowa (not my town). How is it that I got a package in my tracker that's being delivered to a different state?

Going to Australia. Last hit was this: 

(any advice?)

(sent with usps)

May 31, 2020, 2:34 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on May 31, 2020 at 2:34 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

• 1 month later...

This isn't a big deal but I just thought I'd mention this. Some guy on Discogs just left me neutral feedback claiming "slow shipping" since his media mail package took over 2 weeks to arrive during a pandemic. Now, since March I've sold a ton of records, some took 2-3 weeks, some took 4 weeks but everyone was super cool and patient and I've only had one return this whole time (which was completely my fault). To those of you who've been patient with sellers during this mess, especially with media mail, THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, morfiend said:

This isn't a big deal but I just thought I'd mention this. Some guy on Discogs just left me neutral feedback claiming "slow shipping" since his media mail package took over 2 weeks to arrive during a pandemic. Now, since March I've sold a ton of records, some took 2-3 weeks, some took 4 weeks but everyone was super cool and patient and I've only had one return this whole time (which was completely my fault). To those of you who've been patient with sellers during this mess, especially with media mail, THANK YOU!

That's ridiculous. I shipped a record from Brooklyn to Brooklyn that took three weeks to arrive and the guy was super cool about it. Everyone has also been good with  shipping only once a week. I'm still waiting for a record from Australia that was shipped in March. It's not the seller's fault so why would I blame him for the delay? Whoever left you that feedback is a cunt.