Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

59 minutes ago, streetwaves said:

That's ridiculous. I shipped a record from Brooklyn to Brooklyn that took three weeks to arrive and the guy was super cool about it. Everyone has also been good with  shipping only once a week. I'm still waiting for a record from Australia that was shipped in March. It's not the seller's fault so why would I blame him for the delay? Whoever left you that feedback is a cunt.

I ordered a record from Australia back on June 19 and updates had it sat at the airport for the last month. I got notification today that it's in the country. International mail is taking a while from certain countries, but March?? 

USPS media mail has was horrific pre-pandemic and is now a complete dumpster fire. then, USPS priority mail started going into the shitter in april.

since about early april, i've bitten many a shipping cost bullet and ordered (if offered, especially if buying through an eBay/Discogs/independent seller)) with shipping strictly via FedEx 2-day at a minimum (and even FedEx express/overnight, if possible) in an attempt to avoid most problems. if ordering D2C or a mail-order division of webstore -- or an artist's webstore, i choose the highest level of shipping.  extremely costly, but, so far, money well spent -- essentially no delivery delays or problems. 

stopped buying from international sellers, too (unless forced, in which case i have opted for the highest priority -- and tracked -- shipping method available).

but now these ridiculous mini-contracts being made by USPS with FedEx/UPS/Amazon as stopgap funding measures to support fund USPS (Congress isn't taking any immediate action to address the issue), where USPS takes over control of final stages of delivery (e.g. "UPS Mail Innovations" -- what a farce; innovative?), is really m(f)ucking my hatched plan, making my monetary outlay for postage start to look beyond foolish when i pit potential postal frustration against the dent in my pocketbook.

3 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

USPS media mail has was horrific pre-pandemic and is now a complete dumpster fire. then, USPS priority mail started going into the shitter in april.

since about early april, i've bitten many a shipping cost bullet and ordered (if offered, especially if buying through an eBay/Discogs/independent seller)) with shipping strictly via FedEx 2-day at a minimum (and even FedEx express/overnight, if possible) in an attempt to avoid most problems. if ordering D2C or a mail-order division of webstore -- or an artist's webstore, i choose the highest level of shipping.  extremely costly, but, so far, money well spent -- essentially no delivery delays or problems. 

stopped buying from international sellers, too (unless forced, in which case i have opted for the highest priority -- and tracked -- shipping method available).

but now these ridiculous mini-contracts being made by USPS with FedEx/UPS/Amazon as stopgap funding measures to support fund USPS (Congress isn't taking any immediate action to address the issue), where USPS takes over control of final stages of delivery (e.g. "UPS Mail Innovations" -- what a farce; innovative?), is really m(f)ucking my hatched plan, making my monetary outlay for postage start to look beyond foolish when i pit potential postal frustration against the dent in my pocketbook.

Lol.  I’ve had zero issues with media mail and buy a considerable amount of records.  I think you like to waste money and create imaginary problems.  

5 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

lmfao what in the world

One of the biggest issues I've had lately is the lack of scanning. Things will be "in-transit" with a specific delivery date and they'll miss the date. Then the delivery date changes to "unknown" and they won't scan anything for days or weeks. Obviously packages aren't moving for days straight so it isn't in-transit, it's sitting somewhere. COVID-19 isn't an excuse anymore. That's a lack of accountability and transparency.

18 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

what

the post morphed into a rant, written while a late-night vaginal steaming session went awry. sorry. 

18 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Lol.  I’ve had zero issues with media mail and buy a considerable amount of records.  I think you like to waste money and create imaginary problems.  

suppose i've had a totally different experience with media mail. and for the record, i'm far from a being a spendthrift; indeed, i'm generally frugal. i view an outlay of a few extra dollars in exchange for substantially better postal service as not being outlandish...and i don't like getting damaged/mutilated records that take months to arrive after a first scan. so, yeah -- if you consider that a figment, so be it.

13 hours ago, dreamover said:

ya'll upset about not getting your dashboard confessional records fast, while the real problem is that the last fragments of our democracy are being stripped away. 

alex, what is dashboard confessional? but you're right -- democracy might be in the process of rapid erosion, yet one fragment isn't: RSD!

• 1 month later...

6 months into COVID-19 and Jersey City is still seeing the same issues. I have a 7" that's been stuck for 16 days now. I wanted to be patient but I went ahead and put a trace on it to get it moving again because I had a package move through there in less than 24 hours just last week.

Not going to lie I am super sick of people who have tons of buyer ratings still act like theyre clueless about these mail delays. People who are looking at the same tracking number as me day to day still messaging about it. Pay for expedited or shut the f*ck up. 

Have a great day at work everyone! :D

Not exactly a Media Mail complaint, but is there any reason to have an Amazon Prime account these days?  Outside of “necessary” goods – which I’m fortunate enough to have in supply around here locally, and can usually obtain within a 4-5 minute drive – anything else seems to have an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks out.  Records, electronics, etc.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not exactly a Media Mail complaint, but is there any reason to have an Amazon Prime account these days?  Outside of “necessary” goods – which I’m fortunate enough to have in supply around here locally, and can usually obtain within a 4-5 minute drive – anything else seems to have an estimated delivery of 1-2 weeks out.  Records, electronics, etc.

I've had no issues getting non-necessary stuff from Prime in the normal 2-day window. I actually ordered something at 9:00 last night that's already out for delivery.

48 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

6 months into COVID-19 and Jersey City is still seeing the same issues. I have a 7" that's been stuck for 16 days now. I wanted to be patient but I went ahead and put a trace on it to get it moving again because I had a package move through there in less than 24 hours just last week.

I was nervous because I had something sent to me on the 8th and it had to go through there but it got to me just fine, I feel quite fortunate. Seems like a crap shoot these days, I hope you get resolution soon.

On a random note, had a mail lady yesterday mark a package as not deliverable because of the wrong address. I went out and found her a few stops over and talked to her about it. She said "oh, I thought it wouldn't go there." She did end up bringing it back, but damn...

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

IMO there isn't a single reason other than their prime video service. I've been getting things faster or as fast from everywhere else. I'd rather support other businesses anyway.

1 hour ago, marc32137 said:

I've had no issues getting non-necessary stuff from Prime in the normal 2-day window. I actually ordered something at 9:00 last night that's already out for delivery.

I just looked up a random item – tweezers – and literally everything is showing September 25th with Prime.  Not sure if it has something to do with the California fires on top of Covid delays but it feels like a waste of money.

2 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

IMO there isn't a single reason other than their prime video service. I've been getting things faster or as fast from everywhere else. I'd rather support other businesses anyway.

I don't even use their video service, so that makes things easy enough.  I'll probably dip out for a while and check back later to see if they've figured things out.

1 hour ago, ThunderPantz said:

I was nervous because I had something sent to me on the 8th and it had to go through there but it got to me just fine, I feel quite fortunate. Seems like a crap shoot these days, I hope you get resolution soon.

Thanks. My local post office already called me and they're going to try to contact Jersey City. It's really not my local office's problem but hopefully they can reach them. If not, I'll probably try calling the main customer service number and ask them to reach out to Jersey City about it. Hopefully that distribution center can get back on its feet soon.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I don't even use their video service, so that makes things easy enough.  I'll probably dip out for a while and check back later to see if they've figured things out.

Good choice. I quit Prime when they dropped their 20% discount from video game preorders and my wife and I both agree we have no reason to sign up again. However I did take a free 1 month trial to watch some exclusive comedy specials on their network which was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

My outstanding item from August RSD  arrived this morning, despite the tracking number having at no point ever having been scanned into the USPS system (I'd been checking daily). Took almost a month to reach the UK from MI and I've emailed the seller to let them know.

Also, unlike my other two similarly priced items this one somehow managed to escape a UK customs charge. So apart from one small seam rub a satisfactory outcome, finally.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Alright so this is the USPS thread but it seems like all mail carriers are trash. Anyone else use FedEx recently? I've had 2 orders with them this year, not by choice, and they've lost both packages. USPS and UPS can be a disaster sometimes but they've never lost my mail before.

I received a Nuclear Blast Europe order last week from Fed Ex.  it was 13 records, over $300.  When I came home I saw the box on the porch from my car and new it wasn't going to be good.  All 4 sides of the box were split wide open.  It looked like they dropped it from a helicopter onto my porch.  The records were bubble wrapped but still suffered some solid corner dings and creases.  I sent pictures to NB, they filed a claim with Fed Ex which was accepted and I was fully refunded and get to keep the records.  That wasn't my intent.  I honestly feel kind of crappy for getting so many records for free, though I did want some compensation due to the heavy damage on some records or have the option to return them..  I still can't believe they delivered a package that looked that bad.   I would have refused it had I been home.

2 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I received a Nuclear Blast Europe order last week from Fed Ex.  it was 13 records, over $300.  When I came home I saw the box on the porch from my car and new it wasn't going to be good.  All 4 sides of the box were split wide open.  It looked like they dropped it from a helicopter onto my porch.  The records were bubble wrapped but still suffered some solid corner dings and creases.  I sent pictures to NB, they filed a claim with Fed Ex which was accepted and I was fully refunded and get to keep the records.  That wasn't my intent.  I honestly feel kind of crappy for getting so many records for free, though I did want some compensation due to the heavy damage on some records or have the option to return them..  I still can't believe they delivered a package that looked that bad.   I would have refused it had I been home.

That's wild. I don't know what's going on with them.