Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Not complaining at all but have funny routing going on.  

On 12/22 it arrived at Teterboro and then Kearny here in NJ.  Then "In Transit to Next Facility"

Then 12/31 it departed Shrevport, LA.   Nice to see my record coming way has traveled more than I have this year.  

I’ve taken the last month off of selling via discogs because I knew it was going to be crazy shipping

I did ship out 6 boxes of Christmas gifts on 12/14 via priority Mail. Two made it within 4 days. Two were delivered after Christmas. One finally popped up and should be delivered this week. And one was last seen in Indianapolis on 12/18 with nothing on the tracking after that. 

I have a crap-ton of records I want to sell but I’m holding off for another couple of weeks. 

5 hours ago, derby625 said:

I’ve taken the last month off of selling via discogs because I knew it was going to be crazy shipping

I did ship out 6 boxes of Christmas gifts on 12/14 via priority Mail. Two made it within 4 days. Two were delivered after Christmas. One finally popped up and should be delivered this week. And one was last seen in Indianapolis on 12/18 with nothing on the tracking after that. 

I have a crap-ton of records I want to sell but I’m holding off for another couple of weeks. 

Same, I didn't want to deal with any shipping nonsense so I just took everything offline for the holidays.

Has anyone ever received a postage due email from PayPal with the resin being “packaging type mismatch”.  I received 2 last night for $5.50 and $12.25.  Both were on orders for 1 record that was mailed in a standard record mailer.  I have to pay them, otherwise I can’t print labels today for orders I need to ship.  I assume the only way to dispute this is by following up with PayPal?

Edited by ZeroNowhere

I can't believe some of the advice being doled out regarding "customer service." You don't need to take your listings down or rush out to ship something the next day just because it's Christmas. If someone demands that you ship immediately because they couldn't get their shit together in time to order something, fuck them. 

It's always the guy who buys the $2 7" who wants it tomorrow. The entitlement generation is the worst.

Edited by streetwaves
grammar error

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I think things are starting to get better/ get moving. I have 7 packages coming today. Several are from mid to late December.  All but one are vinyl.

I've got a few records in the mail now that all started moving in the past two days, including one that was in limbo since Dec. 4th.

Not a complaint at all, just an observation. I ordered some records from Zia back on new years and those got from Phoenix to Georgia within a week, I was definitely surprised.

I just have one left that was shipped on December with no indication as to when it gets here but as long as it shows up in playable condition, I'll be thankful. Post office and others were notable slammed for the past two months and I'm glad packages are at least moving again.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:11 PM, Shelby American said:

Screenshot-20210114-151038-Chrome.jpg

I spoke with a USPS employee today. As you and everyone knows they got slammed from holiday stuff. But after the holidays apparently Covid went around like crazy at the sorting / distribution facilities. A good handful are even shut down. So depending on where you live and where your record is coming from it could end up at one that is closed and it’ll sit there til they have employees back from their quarantine time. LA has been hit hard. Any record I get from CA most likely sits for weeks. But yah, I figured they were backed up but what makes it even slower is that media mail is last in the list. They focus on priority and flat rate first and media mail is last. So another big reason as why it’ll just sit there for weeks. Sucks but it is what it is. Just thought I’d pass that info along for everybody. 

I'm beginning to wonder if my Laura Jane Grace LP pre-order from Polyvinyl will ever show up. Ordered it the day it went live in October, finally got a shipping notification on December 11.

Then nothing for almost a month. The package even fell off my USPS Informed Delivery due to no updates.

Then, magically, it got scanned again at the same facility in Champaign on January 9. Since then, it's been on tour, going to St. Louis, then Memphis, then Pittsburgh. Presumably Cleveland will be next, but it still has no official delivery date.

Someday I'll get to spin this record!

18 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

I'm beginning to wonder if my Laura Jane Grace LP pre-order from Polyvinyl will ever show up. Ordered it the day it went live in October, finally got a shipping notification on December 11.

Then nothing for almost a month. The package even fell off my USPS Informed Delivery due to no updates.

Then, magically, it got scanned again at the same facility in Champaign on January 9. Since then, it's been on tour, going to St. Louis, then Memphis, then Pittsburgh. Presumably Cleveland will be next, but it still has no official delivery date.

Someday I'll get to spin this record!

I'm sure it will.  I had an order that took over a month and a half to get 45 miles down the road.  What a time to be alive.

I also had an order from Relapse that was shipped, didn't update for a month to the day, and was finally delivered late last week.  It came from OH.  In the meantime I've received 2 orders that I placed after that order arrive around the same time.

5 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

I spoke with a USPS employee today. As you and everyone knows they got slammed from holiday stuff. But after the holidays apparently Covid went around like crazy at the sorting / distribution facilities. A good handful are even shut down. So depending on where you live and where your record is coming from it could end up at one that is closed and it’ll sit there til they have employees back from their quarantine time. LA has been hit hard. Any record I get from CA most likely sits for weeks. But yah, I figured they were backed up but what makes it even slower is that media mail is last in the list. They focus on priority and flat rate first and media mail is last. So another big reason as why it’ll just sit there for weeks. Sucks but it is what it is. Just thought I’d pass that info along for everybody. 

Thanks for the info. I really think it would reduce complaints if USPS were more transparent about what's going on. Longest wait I have right now is something that shipped from Texas on 12/2 and never moved anywhere. Other things are coming but extremely slow. Tracking falling off informed delivery is also a problem. Basically we just have to be patient and hope they can get back on track soon. Postal workers are next up in DE for the vaccine and should be getting them late January/early February.

*Just so we're clear I am a huge supporter of USPS and I am not bitching about this. If you feel I am bitching, please take your frustration out elsewhere.*

This one has been fun to watch. For reference, I live in Connecticut. It's done more traveling than I could hope for in a year, and it still has a ways to go.

No photo description available.

24 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

*Just so we're clear I am a huge supporter of USPS and I am not bitching about this. If you feel I am bitching, please take your frustration out elsewhere.*

This one has been fun to watch. For reference, I live in Connecticut. It's done more traveling than I could hope for in a year, and it still has a ways to go.

No photo description available.

Quality content this thread was made for hahaha. Hope its alright when you get it!