Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I've had a package sitting with royal mail since Jan 7th, with no estimate of when it might actually leave the UK.  Here's hoping USPS doesn't get ransomwared once it arrives in the states 🤣

Royal mail is on strike and I dont think many international packages are going anywhere

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

I've had a Depeche Mode record stuck in Jersey City for almost two weeks without a delivery date. It was originally supposed to arrive on 3/30 to an address on Long Island. Never getting this, am I?

I would go to your local post office, or talk to your mail carrier, and ask about it. They probably can't help there, but they may be able to give you a customer service line that can actually help. If its in the system (vs being "label created USPS, not in possession"), they should be able to help. 

On 4/9/2023 at 6:55 PM, HardlineKid said:

I've had a Depeche Mode record stuck in Jersey City for almost two weeks without a delivery date. It was originally supposed to arrive on 3/30 to an address on Long Island. Never getting this, am I?

Jersey City is where media mail goes to die.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, derby625 said:

Fill out this form:

https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

Every time I’ve done it, my package magically reappears in transit with updates within days. 

I guess word got around that it's effective, because this shit's busted now.

There was a problem submitting your Service Request. Please try again later.

No matter what hour I try it.  Chrome, Safari, mobile, desktop.

• 1 month later...

Guys do you have any idea what will happen with my package?

in short, I use a mail-forwarding service which accepts incoming mail monday through friday, and USPS tried to deliver on the last saturday, up until this one, they tried it again on monday (as the tracking states anyways) and everything was sorted. But now it's stuck with this since saturday without any move: "Delivery Attempt Redelivery Scheduled for Next Business Day" 

should I be worried that's somewhere under a desk or a back of a van or is it totally normal? 

EDIT: and just as I posted this, I got the notification from the warehouse it arrived, without the tracking updated. All's well that ends well. Some mod might delete this.

Edited by xfactor675

Info I received in a email from pirateship about USPS rates: 

USPS is making some changes on July 9th, 2023:

Priority Mail rates are getting up to $4.83 cheaper 🤑

First Class Package & Parcel Select Ground are merging into the new Ground Advantage name. The slower 2-5 day delivery speed stays the same—they're just changing the names.

Ground Advantage rates for packages under 1 pound (First Class Package) are staying the same 👍

Ground Advantage rates for packages over 1 pound (Parcel Select) are mixed—some rates are increasing up to $1.06, while others are decreasing up to $3.

Media Mail rates are increasing by 7% across the board.

Signature Confirmation is increasing to $3.40.

Everything else is staying the same 🥳

• 5 months later...

Havent' bitched in this thread for some time. This is of course USPS begin stupid again. 

Picked up an LZ II RL Hot Mix from someone off Marketplace. Dude didn't want to ship it, but finally caved. Anyway, it's about a two hour drive from me here in in Maine. This went to the Southern ME distro center near Portland and then should have headed back north to me. Nope not this time! It took an adventure for the holidays to Oklahoma City, OK!!!! That's some crazy shit! I can't believe it. If I were to try to fly to OK from ME it would be a real headache and maybe three flights to get there, so the post office worked hard to get this thing there. Further update when I get it, hopefully next week.