Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

My USPS guy is pretty rad. He usually sees me when I'm taking my down for his morning walk and hands over my records then. My UPS guy is also pretty great, but UPS is fucking ridiculously overpriced for mailing records.

I've never had a problem with my USPS guy ever, he is a little older. I just think its the shit town I live in.

Not to jack this thread, but I didn't want to make a new one. But does Media Mail blow for anyone else? I got sent a record on the 20th and it is still not here... What gives?

Sometimes packages get routed through sorting facilities on the other side of the country with media mail, it's not unheard of. One time I sent something from LA to SF and it ended up going to new jersey before making it back to its destination. Took an extra week and half to go there and back. Another time a package that was supposed to also stay on the west coast ended up going through Oklahoma. Oh the fun of tracking numbers!

But I've been told by a usps worker that most sorting facilities use computers to scan zip codes and sometimes a "9" can get mistaken for a "0," etc. he said the error is more likely to happen if the address is handwritten because of inconsistencies in everyone's writing. Ever since then I type and print all my addresses out and haven't run into the same problem since. Or if you are going to write it out make sure it's super legible. Best advice I can give.

Also, fuckin' USPS.

Sometimes packages get routed through sorting facilities on the other side of the country with media mail, it's not unheard of. One time I sent something from LA to SF and it ended up going to new jersey before making it back to its destination. Took an extra week and half to go there and back. Another time a package that was supposed to also stay on the west coast ended up going through Oklahoma. Oh the fun of tracking numbers!

But I've been told by a usps worker that most sorting facilities use computers to scan zip codes and sometimes a "9" can get mistaken for a "0," etc. he said the error is more likely to happen if the address is handwritten because of inconsistencies in everyone's writing. Ever since then I type and print all my addresses out and haven't run into the same problem since. Or if you are going to write it out make sure it's super legible. Best advice I can give.

Also, fuckin' USPS.

Most informative thing I've read all week. Thanks.