Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

I print all my postage at home now and just drop the packages in the bin at the post office. It's so much easier than dealing with the postal clerks.

The only time I wait in line is when I need a receipt that I handed a package to the clerk and they scan it as "accepted" because the dollar value is high and to give myself a defense for if the insured package doesn't get delivered.

I do this as well. I'm considering only shipping via priority mail via eBay as usps tracking seems to be less reliable lately.

slightly OT: are USPS drivers allowed/suppose to pick up media mail packages?

I ask because they recently closed out an USPS office that was close to me and now I have to travel a bit further to get to the post office.

If I see the USPS guy dropping off mail/packages for me, can I hand them packages as well?

slightly OT: are USPS drivers allowed/suppose to pick up media mail packages?

I ask because they recently closed out an USPS office that was close to me and now I have to travel a bit further to get to the post office.

If I see the USPS guy dropping off mail/packages for me, can I hand them packages as well?

On 5/2/2016 at 11:51 AM, fitterhappier said:

Yup, I do it quite a bit. If I'm not going out that day, I will leave it for the mailman to take. It gets it out that much sooner. Never had an issue with it either.

I always tip my mailman $50 every Christmas too

Kinda unrelated to the distribution but I just went to ship out vhs tapes via media mail and the worker was telling me they might inspect it because it's not books or dvds? Wtf is the difference between Dvds and vhs tapes that make vhs not shippable for media mail? Or does this guy not know what he's talking about? 

You CAN ship VHS tapes. They were just informing you that the USPS has the right to open anything sent through Media Mail.

It's how they know you're not sending something other than media.

I sent someone a bunch of blank CDs on a spool and the USPS teller kept saying the same thing to me. "You know, we can open and inspect this to make sure these are CDs." She said it like 4 times until finally I asked her if she would like ME to open it so she could stop accusing me.

On April 30, 2016 at 9:02 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Anyone else notice that SRC orders are in pre-shipment/ label printed stage for like a week until they move? I ordered a couple in stock items and they've been in the limbo for days already.

Two weeks now. SRC opened a claim with USPS. I'm considering just filing a paypal dispute so I don't have to wait on SRC to help. 

Managed to score Red Wizard - Cosmosis Test Press from STB Records! I was super excited... It was on it´s way to Finland, but then somebody fucked up something. Now I am just super worried...

Here´s how my tracking looks like... Seems like some dumb fuck at usps decided to send my record to Brasil instead of Finland. After getting to Brasil it seems like they did not manage to find my Finnish address from there and decided that it must be incorrect... Or something...

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

•  

Features:

• Small Packets

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
May 11, 2016 , 6:53 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) 

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) at 6:53 pm on May 11, 2016.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

May 2, 2016 , 4:49 pm

Customs clearance processing complete

BRAZIL

May 2, 2016 , 4:41 pm

Incorrect Address - Item returned to sender

FINLAND

April 27, 2016 , 7:59 am

Customs Clearance

BRAZIL

April 27, 2016 , 7:58 am

Processed Through Facility

BRAZIL

April 24, 2016 , 7:38 am

Arrived at Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

April 23, 2016 , 1:19 am

Arrived at Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

April 21, 2016 , 4:59 pm

Shipment Picked Up

HAWTHORNE, NJ 07506 

April 21, 2016 , 12:52 pm

Acceptance

HAWTHORNE, NJ 07506 

April 20, 2016

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

April 20, 2016 , 5:25 pm

Shipping Label Created

HAWTHORNE, NJ 07506 

Any ideas? I just hope it gets returned to sender...

So I need some information. A record was shipped from a professional record label warehouse on the 11th, it travels and lands in Dallas, Texas on the 16th and departs on the 17th this past Tuesday, I live in a city called McAllen, Texas which is approximately 500 miles away from Dallas. Logic would state that it does not take 4+ days to travel 500 miles by truck.

Now am I exaggerating the problem or is there an actual problem here? I'm stressed about this situation because it's an important record and I have no idea what happened to it after it left Dallas.