Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep having a rough mail week.

-Received two preorder packages that were warped by USPS.

-One package from the UK with a gash through it. Even went right through 2 layers of cardboard on the inside, but luckily the vinyl came out ok,.. the sleeve not so much

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0n1agv4338rrlk/2016-09-24 14.12.11.jpg?dl=0

-Lastly stupid supervisor lied to my face. Was waiting in line to get my package scanned. Line was pretty long and on my lunch break so left it with the supervisor who was coming around to give people slips for what they need. I told him I just needed it scanned. He said no problem I will scan it right now. Gave it to him and left. A week later still not scanned. Moral of the story make sure to watch them physically scan your package. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0TemAap.jpg

I was shocked when I saw this on my doorstep.. this is how it was delivered from an amazon warehouse.. it was already open as well so to make sure the record did not fall out they secured it nicely with a single piece of scotch tape in the middle of the slit.. I am honestly amazed it is not more damaged and the record inside looked brand new still so since I got it for super cheap I am not going to return it but has anyone else got an album sent to them like this? i have seen some god awful packaging before but never no packaging at all.

6 hours ago, hype said:

0TemAap.jpg

I was shocked when I saw this on my doorstep.. this is how it was delivered from an amazon warehouse.. it was already open as well so to make sure the record did not fall out they secured it nicely with a single piece of scotch tape in the middle of the slit.. I am honestly amazed it is not more damaged and the record inside looked brand new still so since I got it for super cheap I am not going to return it but has anyone else got an album sent to them like this? i have seen some god awful packaging before but never no packaging at all.

That's fucked. Also the reason I don't fuck with Amazon warehouse/third party items. 

14 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Anybody notice media mail packages arriving a lot quicker than usual?

Yes. This package was dropped off in Chicago yesterday, and will be here today. Unless the label bumped it to something else since it took 12 days to drop it off.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9449010200883214869466

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Yes. This package was dropped off in Chicago yesterday, and will be here today. Unless the label bumped it to something else since it took 12 days to drop it off.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9449010200883214869466https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9449010200883214869466

I doubt it, every media mail package I've been getting has been taking less than a week. 

16 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Anybody notice media mail packages arriving a lot quicker than usual?

I think it is dependent on regions. I'm on the east coast and packages shipped from the east coast and even the Midwest have been arriving much earlier than usual. West coast shipments are still the same 5+ days for me.

Edited by dnl

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely noticed the same. Sent two packages to LA from Florida the other day. One was Priority and the other was Media Mail. Both packages arrived in two days. Figured the media mail package piggybacked with the Priority package. But maybe that's not actually the case if everyone's noticing the change.

Maybe ramping up new hires or delivery routes for the holidays already?  

Edited by thenameisluigi

• 1 month later...

Check this shit out. Waiting for this package to make it to Melbourne, Australia from Topshelf Records. Going on an epic world tour!

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
December 25, 2016 , 11:00 pm

Departed

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

Your item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES on December 25, 2016 at 11:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

December 25, 2016 , 7:30 pm

Departed 

TOKYO, JAPAN

December 25, 2016 , 1:32 pm

Departed 

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

December 24, 2016 , 12:37 pm

Arrived 

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

December 24, 2016 , 12:05 pm

Departed 

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

December 24, 2016 , 7:04 am

Arrived 

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

December 23, 2016 , 6:18 pm

Processed Through Facility 

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

December 23, 2016 , 5:35 pm

Departed USPS Facility 

JAMAICA, NY 11430 

December 23, 2016 , 5:35 am

Arrived at Facility 

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

December 21, 2016 , 8:03 am

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

December 20, 2016 , 10:08 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility 

JAMAICA, NY 11430 

December 20, 2016 , 10:08 am

Arrived at Facility 

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

December 13, 2016 , 12:38 am

Departed 

MONTREAL, CANADA

December 12, 2016 , 3:06 pm

Departed 

MONTREAL, CANADA

December 11, 2016 , 11:00 am

Departed 

LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES

December 9, 2016 , 7:42 pm

Departed 

LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

December 9, 2016 , 1:52 am

Departed 

LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES

December 8, 2016 , 11:00 am

Arrived 

LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

December 7, 2016 , 3:51 pm

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 

December 7, 2016 , 1:57 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility 

LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 

December 7, 2016 , 1:57 am

Arrived at Facility 

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 

December 7, 2016 , 12:57 am

Departed USPS Facility 

SAN DIEGO, CA 92199 

December 6, 2016 , 11:57 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility 

SAN DIEGO, CA 92199 

December 6, 2016 , 11:42 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility 

SAN DIEGO, CA 92101 

December 6, 2016 , 4:13 pm

Shipment Picked Up 

SAN DIEGO, CA 92101 

December 6, 2016 , 12:21 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item 

SAN DIEGO, CA 92101 

Edited by _stretts

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

If you really think a package went from Australia to Tokyo to Ny in 10 hours you have never looked at a map

If you've never heard of timezones.... it is actually 25 hours and 38 minutes of transit between the sydney scan and NY scan ;)

Edited by _stretts

At least you're getting some movement (though I still don't think it's accurate, that's 34 hours for the NY-Sydney-Tokyo-NY trip).

Mine's been stuck on this (shipping to EU):

sdfgsdfgsdfg.png

Apparently needed 8 days to make the trip from ISC NY to the airport, no update since, by the looks of it hasn't even left yet.

Edited by slinch

On 10/23/2016 at 1:52 AM, hype said:

0TemAap.jpg

Christ. I've always wondered if someone, somewhere sent a record like this. Cannot believe there's not more damage.

Edited by somethingvinyl

Is anyone else experiencing major delays with over seas orders? I have one package coming in from Poland and one coming in from China. Both of which were shipped December 2. Both tracking says awaiting shipment from destination. 

I reached out to one buyer that told me the NYC distribution center is extremely backed up and experiencing major delays. Just hoping they both aren't lost. One was a Christmas present for my brother, too. 

Edited by [Banned User]