Local Bands That Need To Get Pressed

THIS. You guys could all start by checking out links posted on here that contain bands you've never heard of.

I'm all about that. I ordered that Athletics "Who You Are Is Not Enough" record because of this site. I had never heard of them, but really thought the packaging of the record looked amazing, so I listened to a song or two on youtube and decided to get it.

It's def a risk, and one I happily took. And yeah I think a co-op of this sort would be cool, but look up the feedband.com thread that was posted a few days ago. it's basically the same idea and it was universally shot down. I'd love to see more new/unheard of bands be pressed, and as long as I can afford to do so that's what I will do, I just don't expect a huge response here.

At least with feedband you can get your money back. Probably not shipping though, there has to be a catch.

Here is a link to an active band that we will be releasing very shortly with a song that you can stream from your computer or on your mobile phone!

It got zero replies, so give it a listen since everyone in this thread is so emphatic on supporting new and local bands.  ;-)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88469-po-soon-our-lady-vessels-7-song-streaming-link-within/?hl=%2Bour+%2Blady

Here is a link to an active band that we will be releasing very shortly with a song that you can stream from your computer or on your mobile phone!

It got zero replies, so give it a listen since everyone in this thread is so emphatic on supporting new and local bands.  ;-)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88469-po-soon-our-lady-vessels-7-song-streaming-link-within/?hl=%2Bour+%2Blady

thats entirely my point though, its a gamble for an unknown band to press a release, so take the risk out of it.  the co-op members would have to cover the costs, any sales are profit.

If you want to actually help you shouldn't be looking to press a bunch of bands that broke up ten years ago. If you showed more support for active bands maybe they could break out.

I'm just looking to have members post bands from their area that have releases that were put out, but never on vinyl. Local acts that are currently together or have disbanded. Didn't really think to specify it in my original post last night.