I hope that they've reconciled whatever it was that happened and are going to play shows again!!!!!!!

I'd like that too, but from what I've read/heard it would seem these are just recordings they'd finished before the split. 

I'll be glad to get them, but I was bummed to know it wasn't the start of something new or a reconciliation. 

I'd like that too, but from what I've read/heard it would seem these are just recordings they'd finished before the split. 

I'll be glad to get them, but I was bummed to know it wasn't the start of something new or a reconciliation. 

When they "split" they never said they were going to stop making music they basically said they were no longer going to tour.  I'll try to find the exact wording.

EDIT

We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013. 

- Joy Williams & John Paul White.

When they "split" they never said they were going to stop making music they basically said they were no longer going to tour.  I'll try to find the exact wording.

EDIT

We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013. 

- Joy Williams & John Paul White.

I still wish I had any freaking idea what that means.

I'd be willing to bet that John is feeling mighty outcast. Civil Wars' manager is also Joy's husband/baby daddy. Together, they're seeing way more profit than John is just as a writing, recording, and touring member. Publishing rights may lean in their favor, etc. Just speculation, but it's probably not far off.

Now lemme hear one of these new songs, dammit!

That sounds pretty close to me, I wish they would have clarified the situation a little better since it sounded really bad the way they worded it and then awkward ending it with "Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013."

This. They used super strong verbage and then didn't clarify anything. "Internal discord" and "irreconcilable differences" aren't exactly subtle. Could be anything from a simple fight gone wrong to worldview/religious differences to misalignment of ambition (which was hinted at).

• 1 month later...