WTB: Sun Kil Moon, Stars of the Lid, Esbjörn Svensson Trio albums

gleaminranks

Hey folks,

I'm looking to acquire any of the first four Sun Kil Moon records, hopefully without breaking the bank too much.  Those would be Ghosts of the Great Highway, Tiny Cities, April, and Admiral Fell Promises.  Any variant, as long as it's in good condition.

Another album I'm trying to track down is Stars of the Lid's "The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid" 3xLP.

I'm also looking for copies of the last two Esbjörn Svensson Trio albums, Leucocyte and 301.  Particularly Leucocyte.

Anyways, if anyone out there is looking to part with any of these records, shoot me a PM and hopefully we can work out a sale  :)

I feel your pain.... That first SKM record is going for $200+ now (both variants). The others are less but definitely not cheap. 

I personally would love to get my hands on "Ocean Beach" from Red House Painters, but I can't justify spending more than $100 for it. And I haven't gotten lucky yet. FYI... I would try to grab "Songs For A Blue Guitar" now if you're into RHP as much as SKM.... It was $25 about a month ago but now that it's OOP all the prices are starting to inflate....

Yeah, I know how ridiculously expensive copies can go for, especially the debut... thought it would be worth putting out a few feelers here, just in case.  I've been dying for a copy of RHP I and Down Colorful Hill, but those rarely sell for less than $200 nowadays as well.

Will get checking into that Songs for a Blue Guitar repress though!  Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I think Songs is the first press.... Pretty sure Island never did a vinyl version back in the day.

The reason those early records are so expensive is cuz they were only released in limited quantites from 4AD... and only in Europe. Obviously American stores could import them, but I never personally saw copies for sale. (As opposed to other now-hard-to-find titles like early Mars Volta or 2000-era Pearl Jam.)