Cliff Martinez - Only God Forgives OST - 2LP - Out 7/16

On Amazon for preorder:

http://tinyurl.com/onlygodforgivesvinyl

Only God Forgives is the highly expected cinematic follow up to Drive, reuniting director Nicolas Winding Refn, actor Ryan Gosling and of course composer Cliff Martinez (Drive, Spring Breakers...). The soundtrack to Drive had sold more than 200, 000 units in the USA. Only God Forgives is a continuation of the language started in Drive and features an amazing electronica and high energy score by Cliff Martinez and a selection of pop Thai songs. As Drive the film is mostly carried by images and music. Radius Entertainment/The Weinstein Company is releasing the film in the USA on July 19.

Will update original post as necessary.

UPDATE 5/14: Limited to 4,000 now.

UPDATE: Limited to 3,000 on 180G colored vinyl.

That's the European release though, kind of like Invada was to the Drive soundtrack.  Guess we will have to wait and see but my guess is that after the success of the Drive soundtrack, Mondo is gonna at least try to get their hands on it for US distribution as well.

It is being distributed now to the USA through Milan. All my information is from a US distributor.

MSRP is $29.98.

Also: Arbitrage and Stoker were both Milan and distributed in the USA.

It is being distributed now to the USA through Milan. All my information is from a US distributor.

MSRP is $29.98.

Also: Arbitrage and Stoker were both Milan and distributed in the USA.

Sweet, much cheaper than having to have gone through Invada for the Drive soundtrack.  I'll have to give this a listen when it comes out, but this seems like a winner to me!

Over the top? How'd you derive that from a minute and a half trailer that isn't very revealing?

not sure if we watched the same one, but i felt they literally fit as much violence that was in drive into that 1.5 minute red band trailer. violence just to be violent?  i don't usually judge a movie by it's trailer, i could just see this one going either way.

of course i hope it's good!

not sure if we watched the same one, but i felt they literally fit as much violence that was in drive into that 1.5 minute red band trailer. violence just to be violent? i don't usually judge a movie by it's trailer, i could just see this one going either way.

of course i hope it's good!

I don't think it was violence just to be violent, merely a prelude into what type of guy he is in this film. Not sure why the comparison to Drive. After reading the details of the film I think it's gonna be pretty good considering Gosling has already proven himself as a silent badass. Until about a year and a half ago I refused to watch his films because I thought he was some chick flick guy. I've never been more wrong. I think it's safe to say this one will be top notch.

I don't think it was violence just to be violent, merely a prelude into what type of guy he is in this film. Not sure why the comparison to Drive. After reading the details of the film I think it's gonna be pretty good considering Gosling has already proven himself as a silent badass. Until about a year and a half ago I refused to watch his films because I thought he was some chick flick guy. I've never been more wrong. I think it's safe to say this one will be top notch.

i was just giving my impressions of a one and a half minute trailer. no need to dissect it much more than that!