[PO] Recover - Challenger

PRE-ORDER SHIPS SUMMER 2013

The highly anticipated vinyl release of Challenger is finally upon us. The record that almost never existed will be available, for a limited time, on clear heavyweight vinyl, encased in a matte black jacket with metallic silver ink. Pre-Order your copy today and make sure you own a piece of un-faded history.

Get it here

Warning - no media mail option and shipping is ~$10.

Posted via facebook

"Hey family, 
Would you be psyched if we posted a pre-order of the Challenger vinyl 12"? 
If we get to 1000 likes and you make a ton of noise, we just might do that. 
Also, this is Mars, in 3D. 
Smooches."

We all know the RECOVER catalog deserves the vinyl treatment and this is a good start. 

936187_570366979652327_2040305462_n.png

I like this record a lot.  I thought This May Be The Year was great.  Everything Ceci N'est Pas and after, in fact.

HelloMerch rolls out the rape wagon with $13.75 shipping.  Oof.  I couldn't say no.   :(

Yeah i was completely stunned with the shipping price. Looked it up and apparently a lot of their records were getting jacked up shipping media mail, kind of a BS answer, so they discontinued it.

Has anyone heard this music on this record?  I fucking loved their first full length and following EP.  But This May Be the Year I Disappear was terrible, IMO.  I basically stopped paying attention to this band after that.

So I'm hesitant to get this.

meh, I only really liked their first album a bit.  Ceci n'est pas was OK, but i didnt care at all for anything after.  Wouldn't mind seeing Rodeo and Picasso pressed.

Has anyone heard this music on this record?  I fucking loved their first full length and following EP.  But This May Be the Year I Disappear was terrible, IMO.  I basically stopped paying attention to this band after that.

So I'm hesitant to get this.

Link to stream of entire record

Must own this. Kind of funny, I knew that Challenge existed for years and I loved ceci and this time next year, but I finally got around to dl it about 3 months ago and I can safely say it's a pretty solid release. Looking forward to this.

If they dont fix shipping prices and people want to go in on one order to save money then im down. Pm me

Wow. I had no idea this album existed. I love Ces and This May be the Year, wasn't too much for their older stuff, or what I heard of it. I really wanna get this, but that shipping is a total buzzkill. If anyone wants to save on shipping (assuming they don't just charge twice the amount), I'd be down.

I agree. That album came out at a weird time when labels were pumping money into scene-rock 'n roll bands like Letter Kills and it felt like everyone was chasing that sound for some reason.

I really like the album, and from what I've been told by people close to the band that sound had more to do with producer Rory Phillips and the direction the band was going in more than any label dealings. You can also kinda see the transition to Young Love's first record in there (and in my opinion that first Young Love record is damn near flawless).

I really like the album, and from what I've been told by people close to the band that sound had more to do with producer Rory Phillips and the direction the band was going in more than any label dealings. You can also kinda see the transition to Young Love's first record in there (and in my opinion that first Young Love record is damn near flawless).

This. I'm also pretty sure they scrapped the recording process halfway through and recorded the rest pretty harshly and that's why it just sounds so unbalanced. If you can get past the production, the songs are all really fucking good. When they play those songs live they absolutely rip.

Edit: Hey Kurt! I keep forgetting you post here.