PO: Whirr - Around & Hospital Ships - Destruction in Yr Soul

Nope. She was their fourth vocalist. Somewhere on her tumblr, so mentions something about why she left.

Ugh, wannabe shoegaze bands and their female vocalists.

I spoke to Nick who pretty much runs all the contact of Whirr on Thursday about my shirt order and he said that all the orders have been sent out, I asked him about Kristina as well and he said that she was there 3rd singer and that it wasn't a big deal because they've had a different singer on every record and that she didn't leave the band but that they unfortunately had to remove her because they weren't on the same page.

i had no idea they've had so many different singers. i feel pretty dumb right now for not knowing that.

I feel like this is just one of those bands I need to be "mysterious" so I've never looked into it either.

OT: Renewed my RC membership to get the new EP. I hope the LP is one of the next 9 releases after.

They should get the singer from the now defunct Center Of The Sun.

dang it, lexicondevil, now I've got to check out more 'new' defunct music  ;)

I vote for Miki from Lush :)   She could whip those young guns into shape!  

Must be tough  being the only dame in an all dude band otherwise....all the right chemistry and mojo and that stuff. I knew Kristina was at least the 3rd and might have been the 4th, and following her tweets from the Euro tour didn't get the feeling she was having a real chipper time. Best of success to her on the KW.

Hopefully a couple of shirts waiting for me when I get home...

edit: shirts home, like them both!

I spoke to Nick who pretty much runs all the contact of Whirr on Thursday about my shirt order and he said that all the orders have been sent out, I asked him about Kristina as well and he said that she was there 3rd singer and that it wasn't a big deal because they've had a different singer on every record and that she didn't leave the band but that they unfortunately had to remove her because they weren't on the same page.

Appreciate that info. No surprise.

Not sure if tour dates have been announced before or if this is brand new, but a tour with Nothing is coming. Definitely have to make my way to DC. Wonder if they will have a new vocalist in time.

Wed/Jul-31 Phoenix, AZ
Thu/Aug-01 Midland, TX
Fri/Aug-02 Dallas, TX
Sat/Aug-03 Austin, TX
Tue/Aug-06 Tampa, FL
Wed/Aug-07 Jacksonville, FL
Thu/Aug-08 Atlanta, GA
Fri/Aug-09 Charlotte, NC
Sat/Aug-10 Philadelphia, PA
Sun/Aug-11 Washington, DC
Mon/Aug-12 OFF
Tue/Aug-13 New York City, NY
Thu/Aug-15 Boston, MA
Fri/Aug-16 Montréal, QC
Sat/Aug-17 Toronto, ON
Sun/Aug-18 Cleveland,
Mon/Aug-19 OFF
Tue/Aug-20 Detroit, MI
Wed/Aug-21 Chicago, IL
Tue/Aug-27 Portland, OR

I vote for Miki from Lush :)   She could whip those young guns into shape!  

Ha, that's awesome to see someone mention Lush. They are one of my all time favorite bands. Been listening to them since I was 6 years old. I would be stoked to see Miki return to music full time but she's doing the family/office life these days. She has done a few guest spots though.