Jimmy Eat World Clarity Reissue vs OG - thoughts?

I have two big problems with the reissue (one of which I just noticed the other day). First is that the bonus tracks are tacked on in the middle of the album. I understand that "Goodbye Sky Harbor" needs its own side, so there's really nowhere else to put them, but still, I would rather have had no bonus tracks. Second, there is an error, "Crush" normally fades smoothly into "12.23.95" but on the reissue, "Crush" rings out at full volume and then stops abruptly, and then "12.23.95" starts. Just noticed this the other day, but it bothered the shit out of me.

I have both presses. The re-issue/remastered version sounds way better than the original BUT they stuck a demo version of sweetness at the end of side C interrupting the flow of the album into goodbye sky harbor. That drives me nuts but overall i would recommend the re-issue over OG in this case.

Re-issue is 2xLP gatefold in those nice static free slipmats

I have the original press and I think it sounds really, really great.  I'd imagine the repress would sound even better.  I kind of wish I bought the repress when it was available just to keep my collection in tact, but what can ya do.

Also, yes, the original is a 2xLP w/ gatefold.

The original is a 2xLP but is not gatefold. It's also on a whole shitload of colors (black, green, blue, gray, and I think there's more — maybe clear/white too?)

So I ended up with both copies... I am probably going to sell one.  Though I am having a hard time bringing myself to it. 

They are both really great.  The OG sounds amazing, one of the best sounding vinyl I own. 

The repress sounds great too, definately a different master, sounds 'warmer'. 

I noticed the transition issue as well on the repress. 

Really love the addition of the Sweetness demo. 

You can hear different layers of bgvs, strings & tones on both versions.