I IS ANOTHER: Ian Love (Rival Schools, Burn) & Jonah Matranga (New End Orginal, Far, Onelinedrawing)

We are very proud to announce the release of the debut LP of I IS ANOTHER on Arctic Rodeo June 28th.

I IS ANOTHER are Ian Love (Rival Schools, Cardia, Burn, Die 116) and Jonah Matranga (Far, New End Original, Onelinedreawing, Gratitude).

The first release we have ever put out back in January 2007 right after we had started Arctic Rodeo was the solo record of Ian Love (Rival Schools, Cardia, Burn, Die 116). He has recorded several albums we have put out, such as records by Vs. Antelope, Atlantic/Pacific, House& Parish, Walking Concert and the album "And" from Jonah Matranga (Far, New End Original, Onelinedreawing).

Drums on this album were played by Jeff Gensterblum (Able Baker Fox, Small Brown Bike).

The album will be out on colored vinyl LP including a free CD, the package will be limited to 300 copies.

942944_478832328851993_895704270_n.jpg

This is going to be a 12" LP including 10 songs and coming with a cardboard insert and a free multimedia CD-R including all album tracks as regular audio files (wav), mp3 files + mp3 label compilation.

This is the tracklisting:
01. Queen of Swords
02. Prayed for You
03. Bittersweet
04. Kerry Jane
05. Shake
06. Dear Departed
07. I Is Another
08. Bittersweet (acoustic)
09. Queen of Swords (acoustic)
10. Prayed for You (acoustic)

Relatively similar release for US folks:

http://shop.soundthesiren.com/product/i-is-another

Not sure why they went the double 7" route over a 12 or 10" for the same price...

they did a kickstarter for this record. they wanted to press a 7" for every 2 songs they wound up recording and throw them all in a box set. i originally thought this was going to be self released like a lot of Jonah's stuiff lately but not anymore obviously as Sound The Siren picked it up. i'm assuming, at least hoping for everyone who did the kickstarter that all that stuff will still happen along with the Sound The Siren and Artic Rodeo releases.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonahmatrangadotcom/i-is-another-is-ian-and-jonah-and-you

I ordered the Peace'd Out 10" from Sound the Siren over a month ago and have not heard anything since. They charged me the $$ but have not responded to any emails. I placed a PayPal dispute last week in hopes of just getting my money back.

If you can get this from somewhere other than Sound the Siren, do it.

I ordered the Peace'd Out 10" from Sound the Siren over a month ago and have not heard anything since. They charged me the $$ but have not responded to any emails. I placed a PayPal dispute last week in hopes of just getting my money back.

If you can get this from somewhere other than Sound the Siren, do it.

Too late..I ordered the double 7" when the pre-order showed up......Still hoping to receive it....

• 3 weeks later...

they did a kickstarter for this record. they wanted to press a 7" for every 2 songs they wound up recording and throw them all in a box set. i originally thought this was going to be self released like a lot of Jonah's stuiff lately but not anymore obviously as Sound The Siren picked it up. i'm assuming, at least hoping for everyone who did the kickstarter that all that stuff will still happen along with the Sound The Siren and Artic Rodeo releases.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonahmatrangadotcom/i-is-another-is-ian-and-jonah-and-you

just got my box set in today.  it had the double 7" that is in the preorder, a t-shirt that is different than the one in the bundle, CD, some photos and handwritten lyrics to the song "iisanother"...  which didn't make it onto the 2x7"...  unless it's hidden.  all things were autograghed by jonah.  i don't know, i haven't had a chance to listen yet.  the other 3 tracks that didn't make it to the 7" set are acoustic versions of ones that did so i'm ok with that.

the 12" options look cool, but i'll probably pass since i already dropped $90 on what i did get.

just got my box set in today. it had the double 7" that is in the preorder, a t-shirt that is different than the one in the bundle, CD, some photos and handwritten lyrics to the song "iisanother"... which didn't make it onto the 2x7"... unless it's hidden. all things were autograghed by jonah. i don't know, i haven't had a chance to listen yet. the other 3 tracks that didn't make it to the 7" set are acoustic versions of ones that did so i'm ok with that.

the 12" options look cool, but i'll probably pass since i already dropped $90 on what i did get.

When I decided to get the box set I thought it was the only way to get it on vinyl, so I was a little bummed when I saw the 12" was being released (especially because more often than not I'm too lazy for 7"'s). But Jonah's an incredibly good guy and I like supporting him, so it is what it is. Excited to get mine. Mine won't be here for a little while because I asked for an XS shirt- any chance you can post a picture?

When I decided to get the box set I thought it was the only way to get it on vinyl, so I was a little bummed when I saw the 12" was being released (especially because more often than not I'm too lazy for 7"'s). But Jonah's an incredibly good guy and I like supporting him, so it is what it is. Excited to get mine. Mine won't be here for a little while because I asked for an XS shirt- any chance you can post a picture?

ya same here.  i also kind of like the bundle tee better, but i was still happy to get my stuff and am with you in being happy to support jonah.  i just realized everything is auto'd by ian also.  i kept thinking my box was #21 but everything had 22 on them.  i saw another photo of someone's box set on instagram and their's also had 22 all over it despite it being #17.  then i looked closer and saw it was "IL".  derp.

photo_zps2b3d68ba.jpg

ya same here. i also kind of like the bundle tee better, but i was still happy to get my stuff and am with you in being happy to support jonah.

photo_zps2b3d68ba.jpg

I don't really see myself wearing that shirt. I just looked up the bundle shirt and I like that one better. With regards to that box- If it was anyone other than Jonah I'd probably be thinking wtf?? There are a few artists that can do no wrong in my eyes because I'm such a fangirl for them, and he's one of them. Anyway, thanks for posting the picture! Can't wait to get mine!

I don't really see myself wearing that shirt. I just looked up the bundle shirt and I like that one better. With regards to that box- If it was anyone other than Jonah I'd probably be thinking wtf?? There are a few artists that can do no wrong in my eyes because I'm such a fangirl for them, and he's one of them. Anyway, thanks for posting the picture! Can't wait to get mine!

haha, ya...  i figure it's because he spent 72 hrs putting together everyone's orders, including the personal touches and artwork.  i feel like i would need more time than that.  i also feel like i'd forget something if i were working in that time frame and they didn't, so that was cool.

ETA:  my name's in the liner notes, so that's cool, too.