The Raid soundtrack from Mondo

The whole "randomly mixed" variant thing is such a pain in the ass. I was hoping they were gonna change things up like they did with the Oblivion OST and release the variant exclusively through their site and standard black through retailers. The only thing randomly mixing the variants is doing is helping Mondo sell out their stock faster. Smart business plan, but it sucks for the variant collectors.

The whole "randomly mixed" variant thing is such a pain in the ass. I was hoping they were gonna change things up like they did with the Oblivion OST and release the variant exclusively through their site and standard black through retailers. The only thing randomly mixing the variants is doing is helping Mondo sell out their stock faster. Smart business plan, but it sucks for the variant collectors.

I asked if they would change it but they respectfully declined.

See, I'm totally into the fact that color is chosen at random. First of all who cares what color it is? Second if I ran a label I would do it that way too. If you want the record, buy it. That's all there is to it.

Some people prefer black vinyl, just as some people prefer the most limited color variant.  Not really helping either out by doing it randomly.

I am one of these people. Plus the odds are in your favor for the black. If you get the color, flip it, and get the black. Works for me.

But that requires posting on eBay or Discogs, getting it sold, re-packaging it, labeling it, driving it to the post office, etc..  Why not just be able to get what you want and make your life as simple as possible?