PO: Stone Temple Pilots - Purple Reissue

Looks like they're going Faith No More's Angel Dust on blue vinyl as well:

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/faith-no-more-angel-dust-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Can someone give some opinions on MOV releases though?  I have the Live Throwing Copper from MOV and honestly, it's probably the worst sounding record in my entire collection.  It's just unbearable to sit through.  I'd really love to jump on the STP release (skipping the FNM release since I own the MOFI release) but I'm hesitant.   Thoughts anyone?

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/faith-no-more-angel-dust-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Can someone give some opinions on MOV releases though?  I have the Live Throwing Copper from MOV and honestly, it's probably the worst sounding record in my entire collection.  It's just unbearable to sit through.  I'd really love to jump on the STP release (skipping the FNM release since I own the MOFI release) but I'm hesitant.   Thoughts anyone?

Do you have the copper or the black?

My only MOV pressings are Alice in Chains Unplugged (sounds fantastic) and Throwing Copper (sounds okay, certainly not unbearable).

Yeah I have the Copper colored MOV reissue and it sounds muddy and it has a skip or two whereas my U.S. Clear Vinyl first pressing sounds fantastic. On the other hand the Alice in Chains MOV reissues I have sound great. Unless it is really limited I'd wait for reviews as some are good and some are not. Just my $0.02.

Do you have the copper or the black?

My only MOV pressings are Alice in Chains Unplugged (sounds fantastic) and Throwing Copper (sounds okay, certainly not unbearable).

I've got the black pressing.  I think I made it about half way through and just put it away I was so disappointed.  Maybe I should dig it back out.  I had pretty high expectations for it.  Probably too high!  It's good to know the AIC Unplugged sounds good!  I've been eyeing it for awhile, but held back because of it being MOV.  I may have to pick one up now! ;)

Debating what to do here. I have an original copy of Purple, but it has a little skip on Big Empty. The rest of the record sounds great. What to do, what to do.

Check your VTA or try a wet clean. Any time I've had a "clean" record skip, my VTA was off or it was a new record that I hadn't cleaned. I wet clean all of my records now. 

I just listened to my original and it sounds great. Whenever I've had originals to compare to MOV presses, they're always very close in sound quality. I wish they would have picked Core and Album of the Year before Purple and Angel Dust but that's only because I don't have them. Glad they are repressing these so more people can get a copy. 

I do. From what I remember it sounded great. Only available on black too.

Same here. And for those asking for opinions on Music On Vinyl, everything I have by them so far sounds excellent.

On topic:

I'm VERY excited for Purple. I've always liked it better than Core. I'll be getting this on release day.