PO: Stone Temple Pilots - Purple Reissue

Same here. And for those asking for opinions on Music On Vinyl, everything I have by them so far sounds excellent.

On topic:

I'm VERY excited for Purple. I've always liked it better than Core. I'll be getting this on release day.

Okay thanks.  That's what I thought too.  I have La Sexercisto and had Lullabies to Paralyze and they seemed top notch to me.

Okay thanks. That's what I thought too. I have La Sexercisto and had Lullabies to Paralyze and they seemed top notch to me.

Given some of the comments you make on sound quality, I'm surprised you are so forgiving of MoV. Not that they are bad, I've just found most to be just ok sonics-wise. Add in their thin sleeves that are super prone to seam splits and the sometimes blown up looking cd art, and the premium price (in the U.S.)for a bare bones product, and I just can't praise them the way some do.

Cool to see they are getting their act together and releasing some VERY in-demand stuff.

My original was cheaper than this repress.

I bet this one will beat your original copy by miiiles. The repress is done by MOV which uses analog tapes when available and usually won't press an lp until they do. Otherwise they have been known to use Hires digital transfers as a last resort. In short, 'Music On Vinyl' puts out albums with stunning sonics. In many cases as I'm sure everyone here knows, original pressings are more often than not the best option for quality sound. In this case however, with some of the original pressings of this title, it was mastered at a lower volume which again, in some cases its good, but in many listeners view it takes away from the overall sound quality. MOV will make this release the definitive copy of this title. Much like MFSL, Speakers Corner, Nautilus etc. has done on countless classic Lp's for years.

Given some of the comments you make on sound quality, I'm surprised you are so forgiving of MoV. 

Nah, they seem okay.  But like I said, only have had 2 releases.  Truth be told, I only listened to QotsA a handful of times and wasn't super impressed with it.  When I sold it I don't think I even bothered doing an audio archive of it.  Haven't even listened to the White Zombie LP... it's still sealed.