PO: Stone Temple Pilots - Purple Reissue

Just saw that this album is getting a reissue in the US now.  Due out in late October on black vinyl.  This kind of makes me wonder if I should just hold off on getting the MOV reissue for Core to see if Core will also get a US reissue.

EDIT: 

Stone Temple Pilots Core (Yellow vinyl, numbered reissue--3000 copies total)  http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2013/09/record-store-day-black-friday-2013.html

Like I said.  I held off on the MOV release of Core and now it looks like I'm going to get a Black Friday RSD copy.  Yellow vinyl is a little bit of a turn off, but it's not going to stop me from picking this up.

Edited by thesecrets0308

Speaking of the MOV Purple Color re-issue... does anyone have a wash/slight blast of white noise/distortion leading into each (or most of each) track? I'm not picky and expect some noise, but this is specifically before each track. Makes me wonder if my copy is defective. The only track it's noticeable throughout is Pretty Penny. 

Speaking of the MOV Purple Color re-issue... does anyone have a wash/slight blast of white noise/distortion leading into each (or most of each) track? I'm not picky and expect some noise, but this is specifically before each track. Makes me wonder if my copy is defective. The only track it's noticeable throughout is Pretty Penny. 

I don't have that issue with my copy. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post but haven't seen this one mentioned anywhere in the board:

https://www.discogs.com/release/26183306-Stone-Temple-Pilots-Purple

Clear vinyl, part of Atlantic Records' 75th Anniversary vinyl collection. Supposedly limited edition, however seems widely available even in Europe.

• 6 months later...
31 minutes ago, highfives said:

I have mine on order. Core comes out early March, but no release date for Purple yet. 

The 30th anniversary 2LP pressing of Core already crushed the MOV. Really excited to hear if it's even further improved. 

20 hours ago, ntslash said:

I have mine on order. Core comes out early March, but no release date for Purple yet. 

The 30th anniversary 2LP pressing of Core already crushed the MOV. Really excited to hear if it's even further improved. 

Tempted to pick it up since it’s currently discounted but kinda want to wait to hear if the AP version is that much better.