The Xbox One

• 2 months later...

Wow this thread has been dead for a while. Who else is buying Alien: Isolation?!

I preordered it ages ago, and it looks pretty sweet. But between Diablo/Destiny/Mordor/Borderlands all being played regularly it is gonna have to wait. Will probably grab it once it's on sale for sub $30 or I have some actual free time.

Their discount sucks! Better than nothing, but being able to check out games is the best perk of working PT for them.

Oh for sure.

Their discount isn't grand or anything - especially considering that tax is 10% here...

but if I wait for a used copy (which I'll know when they come in...) I can stack my pro members discount and get stuff for like $42 within a few weeks of release.

So that'll help.

Edit: and checking out games.

Thank god for that.

• 4 weeks later...

So with the recent price drop Im thinking about picking up the Assassins Creed Bundle. Might wait and see if any better deals are announced for Black Friday. Ive really been wanting to play Sunset Overdrive.

I think Target is doing buy 2 get 1 free this week, so if you're planning on getting a One, nows a good time to at least pick up some games.

So with the recent price drop Im thinking about picking up the Assassins Creed Bundle. Might wait and see if any better deals are announced for Black Friday. Ive really been wanting to play Sunset Overdrive.

I mentioned it in the Games You're Playing thread, but Microsoft is also offering $100 trade-in credit for working 360s and PS3s. I shipped off my old fat white 360 to day (with the prepaid label) and plan on grabbing that Sunset Overdrive bundle for a cool $250. It's out of stock as of right now, worst case scenario I'll get that Assassin's Creed bundle and sell the games since I'm not a fan. I kind of prefer the black console over the SO white anyways, but I really want to play that game.

I mentioned it in the Games You're Playing thread, but Microsoft is also offering $100 trade-in credit for working 360s and PS3s. I shipped off my old fat white 360 to day (with the prepaid label) and plan on grabbing that Sunset Overdrive bundle for a cool $250. It's out of stock as of right now, worst case scenario I'll get that Assassin's Creed bundle and sell the games since I'm not a fan. I kind of prefer the black console over the SO white anyways, but I really want to play that game.

Damn, I would do this, but I'm sure it's USA only.  Also, all my warranty seals are broken on my controllers from opening them up and fixing them.  Oh well.

I thought about this but I kinda want to keep my 360. And I want the SO bundle but I'd rather have a physical copy of the game instead of just a download.

Plus with that target deal I could grab SO, Halo collection and get Destiny for free.

Thats a pretty good deal. I might wait on Destiny though and see what happens to the community post Halo launch. You really need friends to play that game and make it fun (tolerable?). I'll be on Halo for sure, add me if you get it. Same for the rest of yous.

Gamertag: El Jeffa

Yea I rented Destiny for 360 and I thought it was mediocre so I might go with something else.

I thought about this but I kinda want to keep my 360. And I want the SO bundle but I'd rather have a physical copy of the game instead of just a download.

Plus with that target deal I could grab SO, Halo collection and get Destiny for free.

Oof, these bundles only come with digital copies?

I wish the One were backwards compatible for when I get a wild hare up my ass and want to play Viva Pinata and Silent Hill, but those moments only happen twice a year at most, time for me to move forward into the current generation.

I wish the One were backwards compatible for when I get a wild hare up my ass and want to play Viva Pinata and Silent Hill, but those moments only happen twice a year at most, time for me to move forward into the current generation.

Yup all digital. That's why I'm leaning toward assassins creed. I like the games but don't care if the are physical or not. Plus you get two different ones.

Which halo game is everyone going to be playing. Is multiplayer going to be all one game with elements of all versions or do you have to pick which one you play.

If I end up getting it I'll most likely be playing Combat Evolved. I love that game so much. I still have yet to plays 2's campaign.

I bet you could sell the code on eBay and get a disc copy of the game during Target's B2G1 sale and come out even.

As I understand it you can play through any of Halo's campaigns, the multiplayer is based on the weapon set, vehicle set, etc. and game engine of Halo 2 but will include maps from the rest of the Halo universe. 

Nope.  It has CE, H2, H3, and H4 specific multiplayer.  Example, Halo 3 multiplayer will be identical to H3 multiplayer for the 360, except 1080p and 60fps.