PO: Real Friends - Put Yourself Back Together EP

They need to diversify their lyrics more. You can't mention sleepy eyes and boney knees in every damn song.

Yeah, they are kinda overusing it. I mean I've heard of writers having their certain words or phrases that they use constantly. The first thing that pops into my head at this late hour is La Dispute's use of "lover" and "darling." But "sleepy eyes and boney knees" just seems to stick out so much more than those. It doesn't always flow with their songs. I love these guys, but I'm really interested to see if they mature on this release and future releases or else they are gonna lose steam very quickly. Also, I noticed "Dirty Water" was on the tracklist. This was previously released. I found that kinda interesting. I wonder if it was re-recorded.

7 dollars shipping is fucking ridiculous. Can't these bands do it on their own? Why even include GK in it. With as fast as the first preorder was sold out why not just DIY it and make more money? If you have the following make time to sell these yourself?

spoken like someone who's never had to ship 700 records all at once.

spoken like someone who's never had to ship 700 records all at once.

I would totally do it if I had to though. If I was in a band that people fucking adored, I would do it. When I raised money for my independent film last year I shipped 200 records in a week and a half. It was difficult but I had to do it. 

7 dollars shipping is fucking ridiculous. Can't these bands do it on their own? Why even include GK in it. With as fast as the first preorder was sold out why not just DIY it and make more money? If you have the following make time to sell these yourself?

lawd knows i wouldn't want a huge company like GK backing my band and doing all the work for me....

I would totally do it if I had to though. If I was in a band that people fucking adored, I would do it. When I raised money for my independent film last year I shipped 200 records in a week and a half. It was difficult but I had to do it. 

you ever spend $1000+ on cardboard? what about the hours of packing that many records? as a band, you think they're set up to do their shipping from home? they're gonna wait in line at the post office to ship 700 records to fans, or are they gonna spend all the money it costs to get set up to ship from home for one release? all of this while touring? bands have other things to spend their time and money on.

you ever spend $1000+ on cardboard? what about the hours of packing that many records? as a band, you think they're set up to do their shipping from home? they're gonna wait in line at the post office to ship 700 records to fans, or are they gonna spend all the money it costs to get set up to ship from home for one release? all of this while touring? bands have other things to spend their time and money on.

I like you.

still, charging $7 for media mail means they clear $2.50 (at least) in pure profit for every record shipped.  assuming you can pack up 20 records an hour (an underestimate if everything is organized).  this means that basically someone is getting $50/hour to pack up records.  

Do you really believe this!??

still, charging $7 for media mail means they clear $2.50 (at least) in pure profit for every record shipped.  assuming you can pack up 20 records an hour (an underestimate if everything is organized).  this means that basically someone is getting $50/hour to pack up records.  

Well nowhere did it say "media mail" under the shipping options. It says "standard ground", so they are probably not even using media mail for whatever reason like HelloMerch does. Or they could be using media mail and yes, make a couple bucks off of each purchase from the shipping difference, which would be shitty. Who really knows.