PO: Real Friends - Put Yourself Back Together EP

still, charging $7 for media mail means they clear $2.50 (at least) in pure profit for every record shipped.  assuming you can pack up 20 records an hour (an underestimate if everything is organized).  this means that basically someone is getting $50/hour to pack up records.  

i'll just leave this here. spoonbill posted this.

We know shipping from the usa is expensive.  You don't need to complain about it in every thread.  As citizens of the united states, we are sorry about this.  As citizens of this board, we are tired of hearing you bitch about it.

i'm not sure what your point is.  these are two different things.

international shipping is expensive.  

charging $7 media mail is akin to charging $30 for first class international to ship one lp.

media mail - actual cost maybe $4.50 - $7 is 50% over this.

first class international - actual cost maybe $20 - $30 is 50% over this.

if people want to complain about labels charging $30 to ship one lp international, that's fine with me.  there's a difference between overcharging for shipping and international shipping being expensive.

yeah obviously if it doesn't come media mail, they're undercharging no matter what because ups and priority are more expensive than $7.  it just says "standard ground", that could mean anything.

USPS Priority would be about $5.80, which is the same price as another option I see called "standard post". Add in boxes, cardboard and tape and $7 seems like a normal price. Just sucks that they don't have media mail as an option. I think we can stop complaining now. Just deal with it or leave it alone.

$5.80 is for small box flat rate.  

It's $6.95 for ~ 1 lb and $11.25 for over 1 lb.

pretty hard to ship an lp at 1 lb. unless there's no extra cardboard/bubblewrap packing material or unless the jacket/vinyl are super flimsy.

Yeah, well it depends where it is being sent to. To Cali from GK in NYC it would be $11.25, or $9.79 by standard post. To me in CT and probably others around the East coast and maybe Midwest the price would be relatively low for priority. I have no idea how GK will be mailing these out, so maybe they will lose some money if they are using priority or maybe it will all even out. I don't really care lol. I just want this record.

i'm pretty far behind on the real friends bandwagon because i never really liked any of their other stuff, but i just gave the stream a listen and i was into it. is that bad? are the OG fans gonna hate on me? however i saw them live with such gold a month ago and they weren't very good so my fandom probably ends here.

This band is slowly but surely fading into obscurity for me. They aren't doing anything to set themselves apart from the rest, and haven't shown enough progression, especially in the lyrics, for me.

I like the EP enough. I think as far as pop/punk goes they're doing enough to set themselves slightly apart. There are a ton of pop/punk bands and to rise to the heap in any way with any kind of buzz they have to have something. The EP doesn't show much progression or refinement. I guess I just like the band and the style they've shown to enjoy the new batch of songs and really only expect a continuation of what they've already done (at least in this early point of their career). "Skin Deep" is probably my favorite song on the EP.

Lyrically it is a little juvenille but that could be said with a lot of pop/punk. There are the exceptions. I think these guys need to get into a studio with a good production team and see what they can turn out on a full length. If they are anything special in terms of lasting value the full length will show it (or at least I think that).

• 4 weeks later...

Got an email update regarding a delay:

We're emailing to let you know that there has been a delay in the production of the Real Friends Put Yourself Back
Together 12'' Vinyl.  The vinyl are now set to ship out of our warehouse on July 9th. We deeply apologize for the
inconvenience, and would like to provide you with a free Glamour Kills cinch bag as compensation.

Thank you for your understanding and for shopping with Glamour Kills! As always, we appreciate your business
and continued support.

Please email [email protected] with any questions.

Also, for those who criticize the band's continued use of "sleepy eyes" and "bony knees," Kyle from Real Friends posted this to their tumblr to explain the meaning of those terms and why they are still used in their new songs. Just thought I'd put it out there.

http://realfriendsband.com/post/53876633602/sleepy-eyes-and-bony-knees-meaning

Also, for those who criticize the band's continued use of "sleepy eyes" and "bony knees," Kyle from Real Friends posted this to their tumblr to explain the meaning of those terms and why they are still used in their new songs. Just thought I'd put it out there.

That doesn't make it any less irritating to hear it in *every other song they have released.

*Exaggeration, but it's a lot of them.

I like this band I ordered the EP but despite what he says they are actually using it as a gimmick. A gimmick by definition is something unique and possibly quirky designed to create and attract attention. They may have not started using the lyrics as a gimmick originally but over time they began to use them as a gimmick.

tumblr_mgsnlu667q1qg7tlwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_me5tupYTmP1qgkx3ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mff7sxmC901r54x9yo1_500.jpg

I like this band I ordered the EP but despite what he says they are actually using it as a gimmick. A gimmick by definition is something unique and possibly quirky designed to create and attract attention. They may have not started using the lyrics as a gimmick originally but over time they began to use them as a gimmick.

tumblr_mgsnlu667q1qg7tlwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_me5tupYTmP1qgkx3ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mff7sxmC901r54x9yo1_500.jpg

Busted, big time!

Doesn't mean the dude has to reference the same thing over and over. Does he have nothing else to write about? Those descriptions seem quite melo dramatic.

Doesn't mean the dude has to reference the same thing over and over. Does he have nothing else to write about? Those descriptions seem quite melo dramatic.

Agreed and it shows how uncreative they are. Soupy wrote two records about pretty much the same stuff and didnt use a catch phrase over and over. It's just lazy writing.