Vinyl is so trendy AKA does anyone here buy / listen to vinyl?

I've been noticing vinyl more and more these days.  

Its in commercials, tv shows, movies, ad campaigns.

artists and labels that would never normally press an album on vinyl are suddenly doing Record Store Day exclusives and box sets.

how does this make the true vinyl lovers feel?

excited that something you love has hit the main stream....

upset because something you love is also loved by many others....

super pissed off because the competition for records you want has gone up....

tell me what you think. or don't. 

Old fucks who remember a time when record stores still regularly sold it as a format, or when you'd have to mail order shit, or buy from distros at shows, feel differently about it than other people, I'm sure.

Truthfully, the part that irritates me the most is that more companies wanting to press more shit means the price goes up for everyone. There are only so many factories and only so much polyvinyl chloride and sometimes, Kenny Rogers represses are going to delay and drive up the cost of pressing records for the new hip indie band, Unicorn Parachute.

So yeah, the sooner that's over, the better.

I just sold some old CDs on ebay and when I was looking through the cases/booklets I'd see mail in order forms where LPs were listed for $7-8 and CDs were around $10.

i know some labels still have records reasonably priced but seeing they used to be available for so cheap made me upset i started collecting so late.

It's fantastic for the music industry since it was rapped by technology and the mp3...

It's fantastic for indie bands! To make more than they would in the past 20 years...

It's fantastic people are moving away from the cold dead hands of a computer, to an experience

It's fantastic represses are being made, that would of died

It's awful that the prices are steadily increasing

It's awful the bigger labels are jacking up prices and slowing down small labels/bands

It's awful the gimmicks labels and bands are going to, that distracts from the music itself

It's awful how many records have to be through mail order ( and the risks of postal service damage)

Ok enough lol

Never did mail-in but I used to haunt Princeton Record Exchange and be one of the only people looking through vinyl. It started to get to the point where crate digging would take at least an hour longer because of how many people were into vinyl. I don't mind it, truthfully, glad people enjoy the format. But, like what most people said the prices are getting ridiiiiiculous.

yeah, I hate that the prices have become so high, but on the flip side of that, there's a bunch of my favorite albums being repressed or pressed for the first time.  I'm sure if people weren't into the format, that wouldn't be happening.  It's really a double edged sword.

Flippers who follow the trend don't help either. I really wish I could get some records I want for decent prices instead of the arm-and-leg variety on eBay.

Flippers have always been there though. The thing is that there is just more records to flip nowadays, and also more people that want those records that get flipped. But yea, unfortunate some variants are impossible to get a hold on for some decent prices