So I uh, started a record / clothing company?

Since a lot of people here have started their own record labels and whatnot, I figured I'd give it a shot, but also add merch and stuff and have it as the main focus. I'm working with a local hardcore band right now on getting their stuff recorded and produced, and once that's finished I'll be adding all of their stuff to my lineup. Right now I just have a few shirt designs that I had printed and spent seven hours yesterday folding and organizing, so if any of you guys want any "dope $w@g" (not really) check it out at the link below and use code "Idratherbuyvinyl" for 15% off.

Redbeard Records, fellows.

(My real plan is just to buy out every copy of JEW's Futures to screw with collectors.)

I seriously don't get this whole mentality of thinking a name is up for grabs since the previous person using it no longer is. There's a band out there now called Ride who think it's okay to use the name because the 80's shoegaze Ride are long broken up.

Just because someone isn't using a property doesn't mean it's like a pair of pants at a thrift store that you now get a crack at. If some tshirts are all you have at this point, sell them off and change the name. Those aren't enough to merit the mentality that it's too late to change what you've got. Taking a moniker that has already been used to a decent extent just causes unnecessary confusion.

Also, is this you? https://www.facebook.com/RedbeardRecords. - there's a logo buried further down on the page that looks almost identical to your avater.

That's incredibly weird to me, because I searched through a few pages of google for it before I started it and couldn't find anything. Though Kriss, I do have to slightly disagree with you; there are many companies, bands, etc out there with similar, if not exactly the same names, and no trouble ever comes of it, unless they're actually mainstream enough to cause confusion. That being said, I will probably change the name of everything once these shirts are sold, so that gives you all motivation to buy ;)

I seriously don't get this whole mentality of thinking a name is up for grabs since the previous person using it no longer is. There's a band out there now called Ride who think it's okay to use the name because the 80's shoegaze Ride are long broken up.

Just because someone isn't using a property doesn't mean it's like a pair of pants at a thrift store that you now get a crack at. If some tshirts are all you have at this point, sell them off and change the name. Those aren't enough to merit the mentality that it's too late to change what you've got. Taking a moniker that has already been used to a decent extent just causes unnecessary confusion.

Also, is this you? https://www.facebook.com/RedbeardRecords. - there's a logo buried further down on the page that looks almost identical to your avater.

Someone is using Ride? That's crazy. I think ill start a band called Led Zepplin since they aren't using it. 

I wanted to name my record company Flux Capacitor Records. Searching discogs we found that some defunct rap label had it and so now we are Jigawatt Records. 

Maybe it can be Redbeard 182?