Bands with only one album you like...

CAVE IN

So which album did you like?  I'm curious since they're all over the map so to speak.

As for me:

Saves The Day - Through Being Cool.  This is the only album of theirs I can listen to front to back and enjoy the whole thing.  Can't Slow Down is just painful to listen to (e.g. LIFETIME) and Stay What You Are and beyond just didn't really do much of anything for me.

Mars Volta - Deloused is still a solid go to album for me.  Anything after that... meh.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head (Ipod is at home)

This as well, except I haven't listened to anything else by The Antlers.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. No matter how hard I try, On Avery Island does nothing for me.

I knew somebody would say that and I just don't get it...On Avery Island is such an amazing album and has some of Jeff's best songs on it. /opinion but srsly...album rules. At least you try to like it.

I knew somebody would say that and I just don't get it...On Avery Island is such an amazing album and has some of Jeff's best songs on it. /opinion but srsly...album rules. At least you try to like it.

I think the beginning of the album has like 20+ plays on it - as it comes after the other album in my iTunes.  I do like the first track on the album, and then I think I get bored.  I am determined to wake up one day and realize what everyone else does.

I think the beginning of the album has like 20+ plays on it - as it comes after the other album in my iTunes.  I do like the first track on the album, and then I think I get bored.  I am determined to wake up one day and realize what everyone else does.

I think that album is what got me to fall in love with NMH so probably why I feel different. It's funny because I am the opposite of you when it comes to the album - I usually skip the first track (or if I do listen to it, i'm just not a fan) and listen to the rest of the album.

Mine would probably be Niandra LaDes and Usually Just A T-Shirt by John Frusciante. While I don't despise everything he did after that, the only thing that "speaks to me" musically after that is Automatic Writing by Ataxia. Oh and I really hate Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Mars Volta - Deloused  - no way around that one

Saosin - Translating the Name

As Cities Burn - SILYAYD

Story of the Year - Page Avenue 

Hoobastank - Hoobastank - that makes me laugh at myself

Say Anything - IARB

that should cover it off the top of my head. it's usually rare that i only like one album by a band. once i get into a band, i'm usually more open to other releases.

I think the beginning of the album has like 20+ plays on it - as it comes after the other album in my iTunes. I do like the first track on the album, and then I think I get bored. I am determined to wake up one day and realize what everyone else does.

Gardenhead is the best track on the album and that's towards the end. LISTEN TO IT

Gardenhead is the best track on the album and that's towards the end. LISTEN TO IT

Indeed. The "Leave Me Alone" portion of that song gets me every time. I like Avery Island and ITAOTS equally but some of the most haunting songs I have ever heard are on On Avery Island. Seeing Jeff perform April 8th with Scott Spillane and Laura Carter doing horn drones was probably the most amazing thing I have seen.

Oh and I can't forget Three Peaches. Holy fuck that is a good song. I'm having a Jeff Mangum fanboy moment right now so excuse me. I even love Pree-Sisters Swallowing A Donkey's Eye.

The Antlers - Hospice

This as well, except I haven't listened to anything else by The Antlers. 

Do yourself a favor and give Undersea a listen, if you haven't already.  It's an incredibly lush, aquatic-themed EP.  Burst Apart followed Hospice, and I was very meh about it for the longest time... but after revisiting it a year after its release, I'd say it totally delivers as well.  Band is on a nice roll, in my books.

Do yourself a favor and give Undersea a listen, if you haven't already.  It's an incredibly lush, aquatic-themed EP.  Burst Apart followed Hospice, and I was very meh about it for the longest time... but after revisiting it a year after its release, I'd say it totally delivers as well.  Band is on a nice roll, in my books.

Undersea was okay to me, but I didn't listen to it more than 2 or 3 times. I almost bought the record just because how pretty the vinyl was. Hospice had such an impact on me I probably set the bar so high that they couldn't possibly reach it with subsequent releases. And it's probably smart they went in a little bit different direction, but I just haven't liked anything since then all that much.