The New Dirt Cult Records (Rumpsringer LP, Daylight Robbery 7", Brain Attack 7")

Preorders are up for all three of these records as of 5 minutes ago. These will be officially out on June 18th but preorders will be sent download codes as soon as I see it/am on a computer/have a code in front of me...

www.dirtcultrecords.com

RUMSPRINGER - STAY AFLOAT LP
Raw, visceral punk. At first listen, it's a collage of Northern California/Chicago-based punk bands with a palpable energy that's neither disturbingly lacking in production nor ripping off idols. The subject matter is both devastating and uplifting, in a strangely comforting way. Rumspringer has been and remains one of my favorite current bands, and I'm happy to be releasing this, their second LP. Limited to 100 color copies (mailorder only) and 100 European only copies available soon from Drunken Sailor Records (though I did put 10 up in the US store just in case Americans want a copy)

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY - DISTANT SHORES 7"
Dark and melodic punk rock from Chicago. This three piece often gets compared to X (LA) with a bit less of that bluesy rock n roll vibe. And while I'd say that's a cop-out (yeah yeah, dualing male-female vocals), it's incredibly accurate. This is a split release with Poison City for the band's Australian tour in July. Printed on 3 different colors of vinyl. You can stream a track here 

BRAIN ATTACK - BRAIN ATTACK 7"
Absolutely raging female fronted "old-school" hardcore from Austin. Members of Wiccans, Sex Advice, Rats & Birds, Debt, Hairdos on Fire and more. Limited to 330 on black.

Welp, Rainbo emailed today saying that the Rumspringer LPs have not gone into production on schedule. Looks like they won't be shipping out to me until around June 24th, which means I'll probably be shipping out preorders at the end of June/begining of July. Sorry for the delay but it's out of my hands.

The record will still be available digitally on June 18th, and of course, I'm sending out downloads as people preorder. For those that have ordered, I hope you're enjoying the songs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in love with this release. The vinyl is a beautiful red with some white streaking (not sure if that's intentional or just a transition press), the sound is crisp and clear, the packaging is substantial enough to feel as though I got what I paid for, and the tunes are superb. If you like Weston, this is a must have. Great release.