PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

It's true.  They have evolved a lot.  I love their old stuff, but I like their new stuff.  I will be buying the new album regardless of how many stupid motorcycles are on the cover.

wtf does a motorcycle have to do with Alkaline Trio?

I like the album title.

I like the album title too.

And Matt's just super into motorcycles and scooters (see: Matt Skiba's Demos album cover)

They have evolved a lot.

This is the opposite of my opinion. I'd call a song like "Burn" evolving, I guess. I could deal with stuff like that. But this sounds like they've forgotten that they already wrote this song twelve times. But that's not exactly a fresh topic. I'll buy it if it's on vinyl and hope I like some of it.

Agony & Irony was the only (do I dare say) "bad" release in my opinion. I'm sure this album will be alright. 

not gonna lie: agony & irony is the alkaline trio album I've listened to the most in the past month... maybe ~5 times while walking to school, so it's not like I love it love it love it, but I've found that it's not as bad as I once thought it was

not gonna lie: agony & irony is the alkaline trio album I've listened to the most in the past month... maybe ~5 times while walking to school, so it's not like I love it love it love it, but I've found that it's not as bad as I once thought it was

I've tried multiple times. Like you said, I've tried it while walking somewhere, didn't work. I tried one night while drinking a cup of coffee, couldn't get in to it. In fact, I've even tried to enjoy this album while falling asleep and I couldn't I don't know what it is.

Sounds like a song that belongs with one of the recent Skiba side projects. Here's hoping Dan Andriano bums us out in a good way with his contributions.

I liked Agony & Irony despite it sounding like they took songs from The Cars and tried to make them dark. I do think it was their weakest release even though I want to say Crimson was due to it feeling a little inconsistent and the fact I can't stand "Sadie." 

I just want some new trio drinking songs mixed in with some dark and creepy ones.