PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

It's a cool box! BUT, truthfully, I hate this album. It may be the most boring album ALK3 has ever put out. And I'm a HUGE Alkaline Trio fan. 

Are you sure you're a huge Alkaline Trio fan?  Because this is a good album.  Are you sure you're not just a casual fan of maybe one or two of their albums?  That would make more sense. 

Saw the Trio last night, was bummed that 1)this album was $20 on vinyl (for a single LP!) and 2)they didn't have the Broken Wing 12-inch. I left with only a $5 koozie.

I honestly think that Epitaph only wants you to buy LPs from their store. Every store I've seen with their LPs (especially newer ones) don't charge less than $17.99. I'm not sure if the venue you saw them at takes a cut of the merch, but that wouldn't have helped either.

As for the Broken Wing EP, they do a bad job at saying its exclusive to their store....

This Pressing of Broken Wing on Blue Vinyl is limited to 1500 copies world wide! One of our favorite things about the Trio is their long history of great songs that don’t make the album. Calling them B-Sides is unfair, because in any right world with any other band, these songs would’ve made the full-length. So we decided to press a 4-song EP of the tracks that are the “bonus” songs. Because they‘re awesome. This is a Kings Road/Alkaline Trio webstore Exclusive courtesy of the good folks at Epitaph

Basically 500 tan deluxe package, 1,000 Blue. Both exclusive to KRM.

As for the Broken Wing EP, they do a bad job at saying its exclusive to their store....

Basically 500 tan deluxe package, 1,000 Blue. Both exclusive to KRM.

A-ha! That would explain that one, then. I couldn't bring myself to drop $20 on an album I really don't like all that much, but I would've dropped $10-$12 on that EP because those songs are so good. #dan4lyfe

Hey, I was checking out some of these instagram pics and I noticed a new shirt. I think they have it on the tour now.

If someone could do me a solid and grab one for me at an upcoming show that would be great.

1f52b9dac4f611e29a6422000a9e06c4_7.jpg

of course I would pay cost + shipping via paypal

That shirt has been around since Damnesia. I have an old one (XL) that I had to retire cause I lost a ton of weight. It'd be cool to buy this again in a large.

Since this is sort of _the_ Alkaline Trio thread...

Got my copy of Agony & Irony from SRC today. The vinyl is a nice opaque red, nice labels. The jacket itself is kind of... Dissappointing. It's a tri-gatefold and was already torn at one of the folds when it got to me, and has since started ripping in another spot just from the weight of opening it. Also, the band name, where it says "ALKALINE TRIO" in white is actually just a sticker on the polybag, which is kind of cheesy. All in all, I'm glad I have it now, but for $30, I kind of expected more fit and finish. Even the lyric book, while nice, is about as plain as possible. No photos, no color inserts, just text.

Part of it is that I just think tri-gatefolds are kind of shitty even with 3 records, but doing it with only two just seems dumb and unwieldy.

Hey, I was checking out some of these instagram pics and I noticed a new shirt. I think they have it on the tour now.

If someone could do me a solid and grab one for me at an upcoming show that would be great.

1f52b9dac4f611e29a6422000a9e06c4_7.jpg

of course I would pay cost + shipping via paypal

Was looking forward to buying this shirt at Salt Lake City tonight. Well, I'm here. The shirt is not.

Thanks for the heads up! I think I may have made a few assumptions. I based the fact it was a new shirt off of some recent instagram pictures. Turns out this was a shirt for Damnesia (which I just got the DL code for? wtf KRM). Now, if they did have some off these for sell on this tour it was short lived.

btw, thanks for the update