PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

Can someone name me a band that released an great album 15 yrs ago and that can still put out a great album? For the casual listener ..not a fanboy.

Ben Folds (Five)

Nada Surf

Bruce Springsteen

Rancid

Descendents

NOFX

Pearl Jam

Johnny Cash

Foo Fighters

Those are all ones that have ~15 year gaps between what I would consider "great" albums. Wilco and Radiohead could be argued, but I don't like either of their newer stuff nearly as much as some people.

The A side of Agony & Irony is good. Crimson is definetly the black sheep.

Crimson was the album that finally got me into Alkaline Trio. I'd heard the odd songs here and there over the years but Crimson was the first album I could sit through and loved almost every song. Keep in mind though I'm also a huge Blink/Jerry Finn fan, I loved the production on it. Gotten into a lot more since then but Crimson, for me, is the odd one in that it's probably still my favorite.

Finally got to listen to the song now that I'm home. I really like the music and the guitar sound, but I'm not crazy about the effect on the vocals. It's a little weird and gruff and chorus-y. I don't dislike it, but I'm waiting to hear it in the context of an album before passing judgment.

Crimson was the album that finally got me into Alkaline Trio. I'd heard the odd songs here and there over the years but Crimson was the first album I could sit through and loved almost every song. Keep in mind though I'm also a huge Blink/Jerry Finn fan, I loved the production on it. Gotten into a lot more since then but Crimson, for me, is the odd one in that it's probably still my favorite.

I really love Crimson, too. I've just come around to feeling like This Addiction is a bit better. Almost purely because of Lead Poisoning. 

Eh. While I didn't love Backspacer aside from a few tracks, The self titled album was really really good, I thought. Maybe not earth shatteringly great, but terribly good for being 15 years out from Ten.

It was really good.  It helps that it had the same team mixing & producing as on No Code (my favorite).  Anyway, not digging newer alkaline trio.  Will probably pass on this.  Each album gets worse and worse for me.

Finally got to listen to the song now that I'm home. I really like the music and the guitar sound, but I'm not crazy about the effect on the vocals. It's a little weird and gruff and chorus-y. I don't dislike it, but I'm waiting to hear it in the context of an album before passing judgment.

Agree with you on the vocals.  Don't dig what they did (sounds like they're doubled with a lower octave).

Alice In Chains

Converge

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Propagandhi

He said for the casual listener. Who can casually listen to a converge album. It isn't something you could listen to on a whim and be like I dig this.

For "I want to be a Warhol" my only problem is the terrible rhyming of wall and Warhol. I would rather there choruses didn't rhyme than have something super cheesy.