PO: Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + EP

I'm going through the $80 checkout process at a snail's pace... I kinda want it, but I've had terrible luck lately with band tees (does "small" mean "short and fat", because that seems to be all I get... it says "slim fit", but some of those shirts fit like belly shirts on me, too), I'll never use the ouija  "spirit" board, and I'm not sure if I'd really hang up that big banner.  I'll think about it for a few more hours and see what happens

the whole ouija board thing is a bit lame and it doesn't match the album art, imo. neither do the more limited variants in that bundle. saved myself ~$40 and went with the pink and blue.

I actually think that the ouija board art NOT matching the album art for the new album is a selling point. I like that it has old Heather Gabel designed artwork and older song titles in place of the standard ouija board answers.

I think that even if I dislike the new album I'll be super happy with this wooden box as a collectors piece.

Ordered the pink LP and the blue EP. $30 before shipping. Not a fantastic deal for 16 songs, but hey, if I waited on this I'd just end up paying $22 for the LP alone (on black) at my local record store. 

My exact thinking. I doubt colored vinyl will sell out particularly fast (especially if This Addiction was any indication) but I'm still happy to have it. I thought about the box, but I hate slim-fit shirts so that is what made it an easy decision.

Honestly excited for their new album. Honestly hope the new album is a bit more ambitious than This Addiction and while I know it is gonna be no Crimson in that territory nor is it gonna be MICF or FHTI but they have a rather solid sound which is always fun to listen to for a while. I am sure regardless of how the album sounds as a whole it will have a few really good stand out tracks. The single is good but nothing special. I do think it would fit well on an album like This Addiction and fun for casual listening or driving.

Glad wooden boxes don't excite me. I have no need for a ouija board or a big box to take up space. Most likely I would want these records to go on my shelf in chronological order by release.

hopefully 50/50 would be ideal. I like both Matt and Dan songs but I would prefer neither dominating the record. I think a good mix would make it more dynamic.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that.  This Addiction was 8/3 Skiba and Agony & Irony was 7/4.   The most balanced release of theirs was Good Mourning, which was a 7/5 split.  And that happens to be my favorite Alk3 record.  Now, you might get some extra Dan songs on the EP, as he had a couple of extras on the deluxe version of This Addiction.  I'm guessing it will be 8/4 Skiba, with 2 or 3 Dan songs on the EP. 

I wouldn't hold your breath for that.  This Addiction was 8/3 Skiba and Agony & Irony was 7/4.   The most balanced release of theirs was Good Mourning, which was a 7/5 split.  And that happens to be my favorite Alk3 record.  Now, you might get some extra Dan songs on the EP, as he had a couple of extras on the deluxe version of This Addiction.  I'm guessing it will be 8/4 Skiba, with 2 or 3 Dan songs on the EP. 

maybe it's just me, but most of my favorite alkaline trio songs are matt songs.  granted most of those are older songs (FHTI/GM era), but I feel like matt has a higher ceiling while dan has more consistency.  I sense some "favorite alkaline trio songs" lists coming up, but I'm guessing my top 10 would be 7/3 in favor of matt, and if we include side/solo projects, it might be even more tilted toward matt.  I like dan's solo work, but I love the heavens album